Reunion Setlist?

On 5 February 2016 at 5:26 AM, IncitingChaos said:

November Rain will be a big highlight for me. Maybe bc the song is more iconic and has that incredible ending with Slash on the piano. 

As much as it must annoy Axl (even now), November Rain is all about Slash's solos. Even if you think the song is naff, the solos are mint and it's gonna deliver the feels so much more now the right man is back doing them again. ESPECIALLY if he actually does get on Axl's piano. Axl's flying piano!

Nevermind Leonard Cohen

jungle

easy

Brownstone

Live n let

godfather theme

scom

ycbm

nov rain

my michelle

think about you

used to love her

14 years

civil war

heavens door

nightrain

Rocket queen

patience

dont cry

paradise

Slash is so much better as a guitarist from a technical standpoint than the UYI tour. Just insanely better. Not that he was held back or anything by it but it'll be so cool to hear him tear into some of these songs like NR for the first time since '93. 

Edited by Ant

with CD songs

Terminator theme intro

You Could Be Mine

Chinese Democracy

Mr. Brownstone

Better

Heaven's Door

Rocket Queen

Live Let Die

Street of Dreams

Don't Cy

November Rain

14 Years

Civil War

This I Love

Nightrain

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Sweet Child O Mine

Estranged

Paradise City

Edited by wasted

Setlist 2.0 with CD (first setlist on page 1)

Welcome To The Jungle

Mr. Brownstone

It's So Easy

Chinese Democracy

My Michelle/Think About You

Yesterdays/14 Years/Dust N' Bones

Double Talking Jive

Live And Let Die

Rocket Queen

This I Love

Sweet Child O' Mine

Civil War

November Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Atlas Shrugged

Knockin On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Patience

You're Crazy

Paradise City

Edited by Silent Jay

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is considered a Guns N' Roses album only by Die Hard Axl Rose fans.. No one else..

Isn't it though? It really is still more NuGnR than it is a reunion.

It says Guns 'n Roses right on the album. If slash and duff have come to terms with that maybe some fans in denial should as well..?!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Billsfan said:

It says Guns 'n Roses right on the album. If slash and duff have come to terms with that maybe some fans in denial should as well..?!

This is just one of those things that used to bother the hell out of me that I've learned to just let go. I view it as a GN'R album, a lot of other people don't. It is what it is.

Let's just try to keep this thread on topic with setlist guesses. I know it gets into a grey area because many people feel strongly that CD songs shouldn't be included but since the most reliable source we have says they are, the point seems moot.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This is just one of those things that used to bother the hell out of me that I've learned to just let go. I view it as a GN'R album, a lot of other people don't. It is what it is.

Let's just try to keep this thread on topic with setlist guesses. I know it gets into a grey area because many people feel strongly that CD songs shouldn't be included but since the most reliable source we have says they are, the point seems moot.

My best guess on CD songs would be Better, This I Love and Madagascar.

Any combination or all three of those songs would sound just as good...maybe even better with Slash/Duff.

Edit: Include TWAT in there as well....I think TWAT would sound amazing with Slash on lead.

Edited by Kasanova King

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

My best guess on CD songs would be Better, This I Love and Madagascar.

Any combination or all three of those songs would sound just as good...maybe even better with Slash/Duff.

Edit: Include TWAT in there as well....I think TWAT would sound amazing with Slash on lead.

You're probably right. I'd be really happy to hear Slashs take on any of those. 

On 2/8/2016 at 0:00 PM, Billsfan said:

I admit I am one of those folks.   I enjoy some songs on CD, but in my mind all of the other GNR albums are front and center on the display shelf and CD has always been off to the side, right or wrong.    But the very second I am in that pit in Vegas and Slash rips a solo to anything on that album... it becomes completely legitimized for me and gets added front and center with the rest.  

Edited by Braxon Raine

I know it's a loaded song with respect to GNR history but if Fortus is the rhythm guitar it'd be cool to see them do Sympathy for the Devil! With the twin solo. Something new and old at the same time...

Someone catch me up: what "sources" have claimed that CD songs will be part of the setlist? I know that Brazilian fan club claimed slash wanted to try the title track and Madagascar, but from my understanding that source isn't always reliable?

has any other "insider" backed the "cd songs included" claim up?

EDIT: saw it was Eddie Money, apparently. If I had to pick two tracks Id say the title track and Street of Dreams.

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The more I think about it, the more I assume the setlists will be pretty much the same as they were in 2014. 

It'd be pretty funny to watch the meltdown on here if they open with CD.

That'd be pretty disappointing though. I imagine it'll be the 2002 setlist (swap CD and Madagascar for TIL and CITR/TWAT), plus Estranged and Civil War, and maybe UTLH.

With some of the reports saying a reunion has been in the talks since before the last Vegas residency, then that must been that the animosity of Axl toward Slash must have dissipated before they start talking about a reunion. Is that probably the reason why Sorry was dropped from the the set list back in 2012? 

8 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

I'm i being stupid ir i think they should playa seriall killer? 

That one and fall to pieces. Thats all i need ( u know..,outside of gnr stuff)

I wouldn't say you're being stupid but there is zero chance they will play serial killer. Which by the way, imo is the most over rated Slash song of all time.. 

They should leave Fall To Pieces alone too. I don't want to hear the bands side projects and that includes CD songs. We have had the last 25 years to hear all that stuff.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2