Reunion Setlist?

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't say you're being stupid but there is zero chance they will play serial killer. Which by the way, imo is the most over rated Slash song of all time.. 

They should leave Fall To Pieces alone too. I don't want to hear the bands side projects and that includes CD songs. We have had the last 25 years to hear all that stuff.

We haven't heard proper GnR live in 25 fucking years...give us GnR music, not VR, not Nu Guns, just pure raw Guns. 

"I don't want to hear the bands side projects and that includes CD songs. We have had the last 25 years to hear all that stuff."

• Like 3

it'll be interesting to see if they actually play sorry as everyone assumed it was about slash even though axl denied it. i don't mind if they throw in a couple cd songs. i think any of the cd songs would work but probably skip shacklers and riad. it will be interesting to see the first setlist for sure. i'd like to see them play breakdown or pretty tied up and maybe move to the city.

If there are any songs from the Chinese album, it will be good to see how Slash performs them. Will there be a trade off, for every Chinese song Slash performs, Axl will have to sing a track from a Slash album ;D

OK GNR CAMP THIS IS THE ONE FOR THE TAKING 

Nice Boys (Adler)

Brownstone (Adler) 

Pretty Tied Up (Sorum)

You could be Mine (Sorum)

Estranged (Sorum) 

Move to the City (Adler)

Rocket Queen (Adler) 

Nightrain (Adler)

November Rain (Sorum)

Yesterdays (Sorum)

You Ain't the First (Izzy)

Patience (Izzy) Adler

Don't Cry (izzy) Adler

Encore

Sweet Child Adler 

Welcome to the Jungle Adler

Paradise City Adler

On 1/31/2016 at 8:41 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I read somewhere that Axl accused Slash of stealing that song. I could be wrong though

very interesting 

its the only good song VR did in my opinion - however if you wanted to compare i'd say prostitute is the only good song on CD 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
have a parallel point regarding CD

Perhaps you guys r right  And maybe its time for gnr songs only (hopefully new ones too) 

But its some kind of enormes temptation to think un those songs i said before, plus , i dont know, sorry  slither bent to fly ( THIS I LOVE OOHH, THATS MY FAVORITE REQUEST)

Covers?  Well, i know its maybe a long shot, but i think its the only and the best band in the world for playing this one ( besides the original , of course):  STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

18 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't say you're being stupid but there is zero chance they will play serial killer. Which by the way, imo is the most over rated Slash song of all time.. 

They should leave Fall To Pieces alone too. I don't want to hear the bands side projects and that includes CD songs. We have had the last 25 years to hear all that stuff.

Is it just me or has Fall to Pieces aged really poorly?

I still like a lot of the album tracks on Contraband, slow ones like You Got No Right included.... but FTP I haven't wanted to hear in forever. 

14 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

they shall end with TSI songs - latest.

the accent shall be set on UYI's.   the only thing they all had in common including Gilby - playing AFD songs to death.

play rarities instead.

TSI was mentioned. Now I must dust off my reunion setlist from 10 pages ago.

They didn't tour the Spaghetti Incident. This must be their deepest regret that has been hanging over all this time and caused them to finally come together to tour again. It is the only way to close the book on Guns n' Roses.  If they do a full tour it will will be an entire tour of covers. They will play the entire Spaghetti Incident, sprinkle in a few other covers they are more well known for playing and fill the rest of the time with covers of top pop hits of the last three years to update their sound.

I am not sure how this isn't obvious to everyone.

Or they won't cupcake and enrage fans and do the boring thing and mostly play their hits.

I don't actually have any preferences. Just that they avoid any song that is too taxing for Axl to sing.

All I know is I hope during 'Welcome To The Jungle', a fight breaks out in the front. Axl stops the show, gives them shit, gets flipped off, tells the punk to get up on stage, rants and raves like only Axl can, then makes the band restart 'Jungle' from the beginning so I can hear it again!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karri said:

If they would be more plain fun and spontaneous, they would play all their weird shit, such as Silkworms and My World. 

Im hoping for WAY WAY WAY more variation in the setlists in the future. Maybe salSh and Ffud will make this happen.

You think Civil War is complicated to play live and then suggest My World?! I'd think that would be slightly more challenging to replicate on live instruments

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Pretty much my favorite all time Guns N' Roses song....one of them, anyway.

Somewhat complicated to play live....would take a few practice sessions for sure.

Any chance they play it?

Thoughts?

Can I ask why you say it's complicated?

Imo, it's one of the easier Guns songs to learn, and was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar.

As technically good as most of the guys in Axl's Guns N Roses has been, when you hear Slash playing the classic stuff (like Civil War) you realise what's been missing.

No offense meant to members of either parties bands past or present (except that awful #demented nancy boy) but nobody sounds as good playing Guns N Roses songs as Guns N Roses.

1 minute ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

wanna hear perfect crime, bad obsession, locomotive, bad apples, and so many others

You have to be realistic here though, Axl has about a 7% chance of doing a song like Perfect Crime any justice at all...odds are it would just be horrid.

13 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I see what you mean.  Did he ever play Perfect Crime with NuGuns?

It was never played, though I'm sure it was on the setlist as an option at one point and people claimed to have heard the band soundchecking with it.