Press or no press???

I'm most stoked to get some real press and interviews out of Axl!!! This is going to need to be hyped to shit to sell stadiums.

Many think this tour will sell itself. I disagree. I wholeheartedly disagree. Stadiums are a lofty goal. I love Guns more than anything, but Rolling Stones they are not!

That being said, a reunion tour w/out new music is a pure novelty,

Please, please, please make some f'n music!!!

Then, get out there and sell it!!! (no staged arrests, though)

Well we are allegedly getting two new recorded songs so, I could see an ep of some sort coming out.. I'm just not sure about big press. I could see a couple of interviews with axl but, I can't see him doing too much. Duff and slash have always done the most talking so I'd bet they would do most of the talking..

Well we are allegedly getting two new recorded songs so, I could see an ep of some sort coming out.. I'm just not sure about big press. I could see a couple of interviews with axl but, I can't see him doing too much. Duff and slash have always done the most talking so I'd bet they would do most of the talking..

Chinese Democracy III - The Search for Chinese Democracy II...

• Like 2

Stadiums seem ambitious to me as well.

I think they are in that middle ground where they could draw more than an arena could hold, but not quite a stadium.

Say, 30 to 35,000.

Agreed but maybe more depending on the opening act and the market. Ticket prices are also a factor. We know how much top tickets (apparently ) will be but how about mid level prices?

I think they are in that middle ground where they could draw more than an arena could hold, but not quite a stadium.

Say, 30 to 35,000.

Agreed. With a good opening act I think baseball stadiums are doable. Football would be tough.

where did this story come from?
http://www.wqlz.com/2015/12/28/more-guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors-1-or-2-new-songs-coming-video/

Originally it came from metal sludge I believe but a few sources have picked up on it.. Just a rumor but I think it's entirely possible now. I doubt they your soley off the old material

Say, 30 to 35,000.

you guys have no idea. if it is the original five, its gonna be the biggest tour ever

I think it does depend on ticket prices. Long-term fans may be willing to pay a lot - if they can. Some casual fans/people who want to be able to say that they've been might be willing to pay a lot - if they can. But these aren't exactly easy times, economically speaking. There will be long term fans who won't be able to afford $275 for a ticket, and who wants to sit at the other side of the stadium, too far away to see much? I know I wouldn't. If there's to be a reunion, I'd actually want to be able to see the band, there, on stage, rather than on a screen. And will many casual fans be bothered at that price? I don't know...

$275 is a bit steep. In 2012, two tickets, plus admin fees, plus shipping came to just over £100 ($148). Those were seats in the first block, right by the stage. It's quite an increase.

$275 is rough. You could only charge that the first time.

Right now, they can capitalize on the fact that no one ever thought it would happen, and it could be your only shot.

If this goes well, and they keep touring, it won't be in stadiums. It will be at arenas at slightly more reasonable prices.

I'm most stoked to get some real press and interviews out of Axl!!! This is going to need to be hyped to shit to sell stadiums.

Many think this tour will sell itself. I disagree. I wholeheartedly disagree. Stadiums are a lofty goal. I love Guns more than anything, but Rolling Stones they are not!

This reunion sells itself. The rolling stones don't get this kind of excitement when they do another leg of their never ending tour. Maybe a farewell run would have equal excitement.

Gnr reunion or semi reunion, sells with no issues.

This reunion sells itself. The rolling stones don't get this kind of excitement when they do another leg of their never ending tour. Maybe a farewell run would have equal excitement.

Gnr reunion or semi reunion, sells with no issues.

5/5? Absolutely. 3/5? Axl will need to bring his A-game. He is going to need some charisma on stage.

Prediction? No new music. Just don't see how they bury the hatchet after 20 years, write & record music when Axl could only release one album since the breakup. Seems ambitious.....

I actually believe in doom and disaster. I believe in no reunion, no interviews, no press and no albums. Nothing!

GNR fans for 20 years have gotten no news updates or 'activity' worth getting a hard on for. So why bother. We'll see when it happens.

• Like 1

Cancelled Kimmel appearance already. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I hope it was a realization by Axl that this is go time, Kimmel would have been premature and he's buckling down! I believe in him! :)

Edited by Ant

EP? I reckon it'll be a Best Of with a couple of new tracks. Axl had that two-disc best of that had artwork all ready to go, and the label screwed him over and released the Greatest Hits with SotD as a "new" track. Axl's got unfinished business there, and a Best Of album with some extra tracks would be the perfect way to promote Coachella and the tour. I'd imagine they'll be taken from the completed Chinese Democracy II tracks with some Slash and Duff overdubs, since Axl's lyrics seem to be the most time-consuming part of the process. Maybe Atlas Shrugged and The General? Or Jackie Chan?

Cancelled Kimmel appearance already. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I'm going to cling to the notion that Axl saw the response to that recent picture of him, and realised that he needs to be in shape when he makes his first big public appearance – the story needs to be "Guns N' Roses are back and in top form!" and not "Fat Axl crawls back to his old bandmates."

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's crazy that they posted 2 Las Vegas reunion shows ahead of Coachella w/ no promotion besides the same ol', same ol' social media bullshit.

I used to judge how current GN'R could be on the quality of the new music. That practice failed me. Now, I ask my friends who aren't superfans what they know and use them as my barometer. Survey says that no one knows about the Vegas shows and they think all 5 old Guns will be at Coachella.

One interview could give everyone the info they need before they pay $2,500 for a VIP ticket.

Axl Rose is fucking annoying.