What about a new album??

Yeah,my opinion is Russ locks and merges this. We don't need a new thread for every thought people have. My apologies if you are a Noob. Maybe we need a sticky thread so people don't keep creating new threads all the time when mostly everything is already being discuessed at length.

My friend, there is no reason to be upset...the most interesting subjects for this site are new music or new shows from this band... so a topic about one of these i believe has a major interesting especially those days that there are cryptic messages and unexpected news from GnR... my apologies that i may be a noob...

Yeah,my opinion is Russ locks and merges this. We don't need a new thread for every thought people have. My apologies if you are a Noob. Maybe we need a sticky thread so people don't keep creating new threads all the time when mostly everything is already being discuessed at length.

My friend, there is no reason to be upset...the most interesting subjects for this site are new music or new shows from this band... so a topic about one of these i believe has a major interesting especially those days that there are cryptic messages and unexpected news from GnR... my apologies that i may be a noob...

We're trying to be a little more lenient with reunion related threads.

Subtle is absolutely correct in that we don't need a new thread for every thought someone has, but we also understand that this thing is HUGE. We do have a thread about setlists and one about the reunion in general but one just for speculation about a possible album is probably OK too.

• Like 2

No way of knowing at this point really. It's up to Axl imo. His last statement on it is that he views Chinese as a double, but the reunion can change shit.

Slash and Duff can play on some songs, all of it, or none of it when it comes to CD ll or any unreleased material that's in the vault.

I guess they can start from scratch with Fortus, Slash, and Duff writing fresh material together or with Izzy as well.

Remains to be seen. It will be a shame if Axl never released CD ll in some form. He said it's been done for a while now.

No way of knowing at this point really. It's up to Axl imo. His last statement on it is that he views Chinese as a double, but the reunion can change shit.

Slash and Duff can play on some songs, all of it, or none of it when it comes to CD ll or any unreleased material that's in the vault.

I guess they can start from scratch with Fortus, Slash, and Duff writing fresh material together or with Izzy as well.

Remains to be seen. It will be a shame if Axl never released CD ll in some form. He said it's been done for a while now.

It will be a shame if Axl never released CD ll in some form. He said it's been done for a while now.

. I absolutely agree...

It will be a shame if Axl never released CD ll in some form. He said it's been done for a while now.

. I absolutely agree...

Yeah, but even if I want CD ll and absolutely nothing else will do, I ask myself: what is actually the choice here? Slash and Duff back in Guns, or 2 more guitar players and a bass player after all those incarnations of the band. Think it's too late for that.

And since Bucket and Robin left, no one actually contributed. Now Axl can do a lot with Slash and Duff. They'll bring back 2 parts of the classic Gn'R sound.

Things will be clearer when we'll know what the plan is. I don't think Axl will just tour without releasing more music, and it will be interesting to see what he'll do or not do with a finished album that according to him is the rest of his magnum opus.

Maybe he'll use parts of it and just let Slash and Duff make it more Guns, maybe scrap the whole thing which I don't believe he'll do, or maybe he'll release it modified, but use all the songs. I really have no idea, but it's interesting right now, cause there are many options at his disposal and 7 years left until he's 60, with Slash, Duff, and Fortus in his band. I'd say that's not too shabby. If Izzy will help out with the writing process, that's even better. Much better

Edited by Rovim

A reunion would be great news, and an new album with the reunited line-up would be fantastic.

I dont think with all their experience and professionalism they would have difficulty to write a great hard rock n'rool album. I'm sure with Izzy in the band, the alchemy would still be there

Guns N' Roses is my all time favorite band, I'm beyond thrilled Axl and Slash are going to play shows together again, but I could not care less about new material. Let's be real. They more than made their mark in the late 80's and early 90's, anything beyond that is bound to be a disappointment. They are aging rock n roll musicians, its perfectly acceptable if they tour on the classics and hang it up.

If this is even an idea thats being entertained, and I seriously doubt that, the only way it would have a prayer at being worth a shit is if Izzy is actively involved.

Really hope there's new material if it happens. After the novelty of seeing Slash back up there (Izzy and Duff having played numerous times) with Axl wears off, it's going to be the same songs (classic as they are) that Axl's GN'R and the former members bands have been playing for the best part of the past 2 decades.

Call me stupid, but I'm cautiously optimistic about a new album. As great as the reunion is, and playing the classics is great, a new album would be the cherry on the Sunday. I think deep down they know that as well. Will the album come now? Probably not. I expect more of a Van Halen type of thing. Get together, do a tour. If you still like each other after the tour, then do an album, then tour the album.

Id love to be wrong. It would be awesome if the reunion album is already done and we are getting that as well as reunion shows. But this is Guns n Roses, begggers can't be choosers.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out. We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too. But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."

Wouldn't be the 1st time Axl would change his plans. I think it would be impressive if they announced a new album right away, or at least a new EP, but that's probably too much to ask.

Slash and Duff will have definitely considered the new music aspect I think. The concern is that they might all compartmentalise a reunion tour as one thing but continue to carry their focus on new music with their respective other bands because they can set the pace of that. Slash in particular couldn't deal with Axl's way of doing things 20 years ago and I'm not convinced that has changed at all as regards to releasing an album.

We'll see I guess. I hope whoever gets the first interviews brings this up.

Seems like a new album could be done fairly easily and quick.

Axl already has 15 songs he considers album quality. Slash is a writing machine. Duff is very solid. We know all about Izzy's skills.

Axl throw his 15 songs into a pile. All the other guys bring a couple ideas to the table. Work together on 3-4 brand new songs. Then pick the 14 best and release.

Let's say CD2 songs equal CD1 - just for comparison.

A new GnR album featuring songs similar to

Better

Catcher

Twat

The Blues

Plus two slash songs , two duff songs and two izzy songs.

Then four songs written by the band.

That seems pretty awesome.

This is about a new album, really not about the reunion, other than what (if any) impact a reunion might have on ever getting a new album.

On topic, I think the only hope for hearing the rest of the CD era stuff is if Axl just decides fuck it and releases it when he retires. I'm more intrigued by this 1 or 2 new songs thing.

I actualy think the exact opposite. 200 pages with 20, 30 reunion-related subjects being discussed at once? That thread is a mess.

It would be waaaaay easier to have 30 threads about reunion-related subjects. In one of them we can discuss how Izzy must be on the reunion. Next thread we can discuss Duff LAMF tattoo and whatever that means. Next thread we can discuss new album. Next thread we can discuss this and next thread that and next thread the other. That should work waaaaay better. Its about time

I say 5 song ep, with a mix of new material with covers.

I definitely think CD2 is scrapped at this point. It definitely sucks but the chances of it ever coming put were slim anyways

Well let's be honest, there was a period of time I think when we were all convinced Chinese democracy would never be released. To be honest with you after that album came out I figured that'd be it. Izzy said himself that he slash and duff could make a guns record in a week if they really wanted to, so maybe they will

Well when the reunion stuff is done (hopefully after a successful tour and god willing an EP by the guys) and people go back to their side projects, I wonder if Axl would finally be comfortable to put out CDII as a solo artist?

This is what I'm hoping, and I think it's the likely scenario if we are to ever hear CDII. I've been wanting him to go solo from the very beginning. Never understood why it was such a no-no. Back then, I really wanted him to work with Tricky. A solo career is the biggest loss in all of this imo, he could have done so much. Though, there's still time tbh.