Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

After 20 plus barren years of being fans, posting on forums, clinging desperately to the corpse of GnR you finally get your reunion and whats your fuckin' concern? 'the vast majority of people', the same vast majority that hasn't given a shit since 1991 when they stopped being hot-shit, well done dickheads, great fans you lot are.

I'm with you man. Pop culture worships at the altar of Bieber and Cyrus. Fuck that. I want the UYI Documentary. Would be cool to see.

Deep down, Len is a guns n roses fan like the rest of us. He knows how great THAT band was. They had that extra something special that only comes around once a generation or so. He just isn't shy about telling you all the times they fucked it up. Him and I might not agree on all the details, but the things he says are accurate.

Axl won't fuck it up. I'm always the person saying he will and I just can't believe it this time. He can't. The risk is too big. I know there have been other times it seemed impossible, and he did, but this is just so different. They ALL know the stakes on the line for a reunion. I have to believe they wouldn't do it unless it would work. Reunions have been called off before because band members just couldn't do it. I have to believe in my heart of hearts that if that were the case, Slash or Duff would run. Cause they don't want to be associated with a trainwreck. I have to believe if they are in it, Axl is ready. There's no way he can't be.

Or of course the other hand is he will fuck it up, but I think if he does, it'll happen so fast. This is absolutely a "one time shot" thing. He fucks it up, this isn't like the VMAs where there's still a tour and people are just fine. He fucks this up right at the beginning, and I'm sorry but I think its over in a flash. The embarrassment will be big and it will be fast, but it'll be shut down faster than you can say "where's Izzy".

This picture is not a good sign.

https://playadelnacho.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/axl2015.jpg?w=774

That is bad news.

Like I said, according to that picture he is worse shape than anyone in the band. I really hope he's trolling us for his sake.

i need to lose some weight,but the problem is that i dont see the moment to do it.Im not that fat,im thin with belly.......but there is no girlfriend or wife or nothing.But if i would be the gretest frontman at the gates of one of the most impressive,expected reunion tours in decades,for sure i would be at the gym and eating salads for 1 year.And he has money to have a coach. I Dont understand this guy....

the vast majority of people are only interested in seeing axl & slash performing together after more than 20 years. new music can be successful if slash, duff and izzy are involved in it.

a documentary would only be for the die-hards, the masses don't care about documentaries.

Why does everyone keep saying that as if it means something? 'the vast majority of people want...', what on earth has the vast majority of people got to do with anything? If you wanna get like that about it the vast majority of the planet probably don't care whether they exist or not, this shit is for fans primarily, the core of people on forums such as this are the core of people that actually give any kind of a fuck about Guns n Roses, why on earth would people on here be interested in the lowest common denominator of people who have like, the greatest hits on their iphone and give it a listen every so often, you're fuckin' fans right? Well how about acting like it, this constant bullshit about 'what the vaaaaast majority want', what are you, marketing directors all of a sudden? Talk from your fucking heart, don't talk like an economist or what you think the money men behind Guns n Roses are telling them cuz we all know what they're telling them, lets make the most money out of the least complicated situation but as fans should you not have a little more heart behind what you want out of Guns n Roses?

Do yous lot SERIOUSLY not want the original article, i mean this is speaking to those that care about a reunion, REALLY, you just want 2...or 3...what kind of fuckin' fans are you? Seriously, it makes me wonder what you saw/heard when you beheld GnR, just this ginger caterwauler and his stringey haired lead guitarist, do me a fuckin' favour, honestly all that does is tell me that, really and truly, in the hearts and minds of GnR fans GnR weren't much to begin with, weren't that special in general, it was just a lead guitarist and a mental singer doing some stand out work and then just a bunch of wankers behind him that are interchangeable and devoid of value, not only is that factually incorrect but it also sheds an interesting light on the nature of your particular brand of fandom.

I mean lets have it right, you just fancy Axl Rose don't you, thats what it comes down to? You fancy Axl Rose and Slash and saw some music videos and what matters to you over and above any kind of silliness like artistic integrity and decent sounding music is the strength of the boner you can get out of GnR and those two things are predicated solely on Axl and Slash. This is it though i suppose, GnR fan syndrome, settle for the least and act like God just pissed manna on your heads.

What fuckin' bollocks.

i have no idea what you're talkin' about :lol:

seriously, what i said is correct in terms of market, the masses only care about slash and axl, anything is almost irrelevant.

you can't have a gnr tour if only the die-hards are interested. music is like cinema, it's a mix of art and business.

the reality is that adler is too fucked up to go on tour and izzy probably isn't interested. so i'm more than happy if we have axl, slash and duff sharing the same stage. that's better than nothing, that's better than fakegnr.

and as i said in another thread, gnr has never been like those indie bands who don't care about success, gnr has been looking for commercial success since day one. they've never been respected by rock critics because their music has always been considered as too commercial. that's how it is.

Edited by supercool

seriously, what i said is correct in terms of market, the masses only care about slash and axl, anything is almost irrelevant.

you can't have a gnr tour if only the die-hards are interested. music is like cinema, it's a mix of art and business.

the reality is that adler is too fucked up to go on tour and izzy probably isn't interested. so i'm more than happy if we have axl, slash and duff sharing the same stage. that's better than nothing, that's better than fakegnr.

and as i said in another thread, gnr has never been like those indie bands who don't care about success, gnr has been looking for commercial success since day one. they've never been respected by rock critics because their music has always been considered as too commercial. that's how it is.

... why wouldn't Izzy be interested? He played many shows with Axl's new band he also has had Duff on some of his albums of songs... he has good relationships with them, if this is for the original band to be reunited I'm sure Izzy would like to be there

After 20 plus barren years of being fans, posting on forums, clinging desperately to the corpse of GnR you finally get your reunion and whats your fuckin' concern? 'the vast majority of people', the same vast majority that hasn't given a shit since 1991 when they stopped being hot-shit, well done dickheads, great fans you lot are.

I'm with you man. Pop culture worships at the altar of Bieber and Cyrus. Fuck that. I want the UYI Documentary. Would be cool to see.

They do for now.That is going to change come this Tuesday...

... why wouldn't Izzy be interested? He played many shows with Axl's new band he also has had Duff on some of his albums of songs... he has good relationships with them, if this is for the original band to be reunited I'm sure Izzy would like to be there

Not sure what you're talking about... If he isn't there, then obviously he wouldn't like to be there. Who's not letting him?

the vast majority of people are only interested in seeing axl & slash performing together after more than 20 years. new music can be successful if slash, duff and izzy are involved in it.

a documentary would only be for the die-hards, the masses don't care about documentaries.

Why does everyone keep saying that as if it means something? 'the vast majority of people want...', what on earth has the vast majority of people got to do with anything? If you wanna get like that about it the vast majority of the planet probably don't care whether they exist or not, this shit is for fans primarily, the core of people on forums such as this are the core of people that actually give any kind of a fuck about Guns n Roses, why on earth would people on here be interested in the lowest common denominator of people who have like, the greatest hits on their iphone and give it a listen every so often, you're fuckin' fans right? Well how about acting like it, this constant bullshit about 'what the vaaaaast majority want', what are you, marketing directors all of a sudden? Talk from your fucking heart, don't talk like an economist or what you think the money men behind Guns n Roses are telling them cuz we all know what they're telling them, lets make the most money out of the least complicated situation but as fans should you not have a little more heart behind what you want out of Guns n Roses?

Do yous lot SERIOUSLY not want the original article, i mean this is speaking to those that care about a reunion, REALLY, you just want 2...or 3...what kind of fuckin' fans are you? Seriously, it makes me wonder what you saw/heard when you beheld GnR, just this ginger caterwauler and his stringey haired lead guitarist, do me a fuckin' favour, honestly all that does is tell me that, really and truly, in the hearts and minds of GnR fans GnR weren't much to begin with, weren't that special in general, it was just a lead guitarist and a mental singer doing some stand out work and then just a bunch of wankers behind him that are interchangeable and devoid of value, not only is that factually incorrect but it also sheds an interesting light on the nature of your particular brand of fandom.

I mean lets have it right, you just fancy Axl Rose don't you, thats what it comes down to? You fancy Axl Rose and Slash and saw some music videos and what matters to you over and above any kind of silliness like artistic integrity and decent sounding music is the strength of the boner you can get out of GnR and those two things are predicated solely on Axl and Slash. This is it though i suppose, GnR fan syndrome, settle for the least and act like God just pissed manna on your heads.

What fuckin' bollocks.

Unfortunately though, the reason why veteran bands and artists cater to "the vast majority" is because the proper hardcore nutters make up something like 1% of their audience. Seriously, if GNR are planning on playing stadiums this year, how many of the people out of the 75,000 fans in attendance are going to know Chinese Democracy? Fuck that, most of em would be hard pressed to hum you Mr Brownstone or Rocket Queen. The people they will be wanting to sell tickets to are the casual rock fans who haven't given a fuck about GNR since the early 90s, they probably know SCOM, Jungle, November Rain, Live & Let Die, YCBM, KOHD, Patience and Paradise City and that's about it.

The nutjobs on the forums who could recite the lyrics to Rhiad & The Bedouins and own all of Slash's solo albums aren't the people who are gonna make the GNR reunion a multi-million dollar cash machine.

What fuckin' bollocks.

Unfortunately though, the reason why veteran bands and artists cater to "the vast majority" is because the proper hardcore nutters make up something like 1% of their audience. Seriously, if GNR are planning on playing stadiums this year, how many of the people out of the 75,000 fans in attendance are going to know Chinese Democracy? Fuck that, most of em would be hard pressed to hum you Mr Brownstone or Rocket Queen. The people they will be wanting to sell tickets to are the casual rock fans who haven't given a fuck about GNR since the early 90s, they probably know SCOM, Jungle, November Rain, Live & Let Die, YCBM, KOHD, Patience and Paradise City and that's about it.

The nutjobs on the forums who could recite the lyrics to Rhiad & The Bedouins and own all of Slash's solo albums aren't the people who are gonna make the GNR reunion a multi-million dollar cash machine.

you might be right. so what about slither, fall to pieces, give into me, always on the run, world on fire...? ;)

What fuckin' bollocks.

you might be right. so what about slither, fall to pieces, give into me, always on the run, world on fire...? ;)

What about them? I can't see Axl covering MJ songs in a GNR concert. Would be cool though...

Not sure what you're talking about... If he isn't there, then obviously he wouldn't like to be there. Who's not letting him?

Sure, that is the question...

I just said that I would be surprised that izzy refuses to join if he's asked... I may be wrong

What fuckin' bollocks.

What about them? I can't see Axl covering MJ songs in a GNR concert. Would be cool though...

these are songs people might know from the radio. but i'm sure they will play some ballads from cd as well.

What fuckin' bollocks.

Jumpin' fuckin' Jesus, wanting the actual band passes for being die-hard now? :lol:

Slash and Duff joining new Guns is really a victory for Axl.

I think it's also a victory for everyone, including the fans IF he keeps his integrity intact and doesn't just tour with Slash and Duff or releases disposable shit. Tbh, I think money is a factor, but can never be the only factor when it comes to Slash and Duff.

It seems Duff talked some sense into Axl and my guess is if Axl didn't feel like he can respect Slash and vice versa, this hybrid reunion or reunion would have never taken place.

So I still trust Axl to deliver a quality product, or at least attempt to release a great album. I just don't know if CD ll is being stripped away for parts right now or what the fuck. Nightmares of Bucket and Robin guitar parts erased, but a huge erection for whatever Axl, Slash, Duff, and Fortus can potentially accomplish together.

Is it a victory for you as a fan btw? it's kinda a mixed bag cause I want CD ll, but I'm mostly content right now as far as Gn'R goes. There are more options now at least. A chance to hear Axl's voice and Slash's guitar with Duff bass lines, perhaps even Izzy on the same album and see them live. Still a dream come true for me.

Why do you think it's a victory for Axl?

Edited by Rovim

^^I understand. I would LOVE to see all 5 of them on the stage but right now, especially since few years ago it was almost impossible even to consider, I'd be happy to see Axl, Slash and Duff on stage. :)