Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

All I am picturing is how bad Vince Neil was on Kimmel when they announced the Final Tour... It would suck to see Axl come out and and sound like shit.. Whenever they do play their first song it is going to get a shitload of attention.

The fact that there are so many people that don't want them to play on Kimmel just shows the reality that this whole reunion is at least 10 years too late.. I have no confidence that Axl can still sing and command a stage. I hope I am wrong but its been quite awhile since he has done it.

Sadly, the last 15 years have proven that Axl and televised/streamed performances dont go well. He's blown EVERY one of them.
Except those exceptionnal 2006 shows!! And lets say rose bar sessions and lead reading

True, Rose Bar was amazing. And the others u mentioned were also good. Again, its sad that all the botched ones overshadow those. Even i forgot about those.

All I am picturing is how bad Vince Neil was on Kimmel when they announced the Final Tour... It would suck to see Axl come out and and sound like shit.. Whenever they do play their first song it is going to get a shitload of attention.

The fact that there are so many people that don't want them to play on Kimmel just shows the reality that this whole reunion is at least 10 years too late.. I have no confidence that Axl can still sing and command a stage. I hope I am wrong but its been quite awhile since he has done it.

Sadly, the last 15 years have proven that Axl and televised/streamed performances dont go well. He's blown EVERY one of them.
Except those exceptionnal 2006 shows!! And lets say rose bar sessions and lead reading
True, Rose Bar was amazing. And the others u mentioned were also good. Again, its sad that all the botched ones overshadow those. Even i forgot about those.
http://nypost.com/2010/03/02/new-yorks-hottest-party-boy/

Apparently he was hungover at the Rose Bar performance.

"On Sunday night, Feb. 14, Guns N Roses played a late-night gig at Rose Bar to a crowd of 150 that included Mickey Rourke. Are you as hung-over as I am? he snarled between GNR hits Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle.

"he went upstairs to a private suite where the party continued from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m."

Edited by IncitingChaos

Axl fucked up every broadcast from 2011-2014. Exceptions could be the official live streams in 2011-12, but each of those were progressively worse, followed by London and Vegas being progressively worse after those, and I don't even need to mention Bridge School...

That's why I think 3 or 4 warm-up gigs would be the least they should do before Coachella. I have a fear that he'll show up and we'll get a Rio-level disaster.

"On Sunday night, Feb. 14, Guns N Roses played a late-night gig at Rose Bar to a crowd of 150 that included Mickey Rourke. Are you as hung-over as I am? he snarled between GNR hits Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle.

"he went upstairs to a private suite where the party continued from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m."

Great article. Honestly, he is like the last true rockstar. How many others do you know that will go out, do a long ass show until early in the AM, then continue to party until the sun rises afterward?

He really does love to party :lol: Wouldn't be surprised if Duff and Slash don't hang out with him much after shows considering they're sober and Axl loves to drink and party as much as he does.

As little faith as I have in Axl, I have enough faith in Slash to not participate in something that would be an absolute trainwreck. Slash hasn't let me down since being sober, and I fully support that he must deem Axl good enough for him to participate. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but aside from that one pretty ridiculous appearance at the Super Bowl with the Black Eyed Peas, I trust Slash's judgement.

Great article. Honestly, he is like the last true rockstar. How many others do you know that will go out, do a long ass show until early in the AM, then continue to party until the sun rises afterward?

He really does love to party :lol: Wouldn't be surprised if Duff and Slash don't hang out with him much after shows considering they're sober and Axl loves to drink and party as much as he does.

So fucking awesome great article. Any insight into his lifestyle is always entertaining. I cant even imagine being so famous and rich where everyone is at your beck and call. He truly is an icon

• Like 1

Imagine Axl arrives in the TV show there and says that the slash is a cancer, announces the return of paul tobias and says that Chinese Democracy 2 starts now

If that happened the only people from GNR that would be booked for Coachella would be Frank and Pitman as BEATRAZR playing an empty tent at 3am.

As little faith as I have in Axl, I have enough faith in Slash to not participate in something that would be an absolute trainwreck. Slash hasn't let me down since being sober, and I fully support that he must deem Axl good enough for him to participate. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but aside from that one pretty ridiculous appearance at the Super Bowl with the Black Eyed Peas, I trust Slash's judgement.

Maybe there is an element of risk but it's outweighed by it being something they really want to do. And the money.

So fucking awesome great article. Any insight into his lifestyle is always entertaining. I cant even imagine being so famous and rich where everyone is at your beck and call. He truly is an icon

The best is the last line. Asked how long his nights out generally are, he replies with a grin "as long as it takes." Fucking awesome!

• Like 1

Axl fucked up every broadcast from 2011-2014. Exceptions could be the official live streams in 2011-12, but each of those were progressively worse, followed by London and Vegas being progressively worse after those, and I don't even need to mention Bridge School...

That's why I think 3 or 4 warm-up gigs would be the least they should do before Coachella. I have a fear that he'll show up and we'll get a Rio-level disaster.

If it's true he has been rehearsing with the band, that should help a lot. I think at Rio 2011 he just showed up on the day of the gig. One wonders how many times he pulled similar stuff in the old days and got away with it due to talent, youth, and determination.

• Like 1

If it's true he has been rehearsing with the band, that should help a lot. I think at Rio 2011 he just showed up on the day of the gig. One wonders how many times he pulled similar stuff in the old days and got away with it due to talent, youth, and determination.

Ask yourself why they would be rehearsing months in advance of the first show?

That's bullshit

Ask yourself why they would be rehearsing months in advance of the first show?

That's bullshit

Bands play together all the time without a gig in the immediate future. Nothing would surprise me with him.