Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I just received confirmation that Axl will NOT be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Tuesday, January 5th!

Sorry to disappoint but I can now confirm.

Any word on why, or whether this will be rescheduled?

No reason given. I sent out an email to someone connected with the band the answer I got back is that Axl will not be appearing in tomorrow night's show. Hopefully we'll hear more in the coming days, so I wouldn't get too discouraged. It's just not going to be on Kimmel tomorrow night. That's all I know.

Hmm, if Coachella announces tomorrow we don't really need Axl on Kimmel the same day, no? Maybe this whole thing just fell apart, I don't know.

We should be very worried if tomorrow goes by with an official Coachella announcement and GnR aren't on it.

Without any other knowledge, my guess is that it's still a go. You don't go through the trouble of buying ad-space on a movie like Star Wars without there being definite plans.

Could it all go to shit? Maybe. But at this point I think we can still assume what's been rumoured to still be happening. I'd be utterly shocked if Coachella's lineup gets announced and GNR are not on it at this point.

How do you know downzy?

Owning and operating a site like this one puts you in contact with various people (wasn't something I actively sought). I'm not at liberty to reveal sources, but trust that the information was provided from someone I trust completely.

Downzy, is it possible that whoever you're in contact with is swerving you as to not deviate from the "surprise"/gag order until Coachella announces?

Maybe, but I highly doubt it. If Axl was appearing on Kimmel tomorrow night I wouldn't have received such a clear and definitive answer.

Hmm, if Coachella announces tomorrow we don't really need Axl on Kimmel the same day, no? Maybe this whole thing just fell apart, I don't know.

We should be very worried if tomorrow goes by with an official Coachella announcement and GnR aren't on it.

Exactly, the Coachella confirmation is all we need.

How do you know downzy?

Owning and operating a site like this one puts you in contact with various people (wasn't something I actively sought). I'm not at liberty to reveal sources, but trust that the information was provided from someone I trust completely.

Downzy, is it possible that whoever you're in contact with is swerving you as to not deviate from the "surprise"/gag order until Coachella announces?

Maybe, but I highly doubt it. If Axl was appearing on Kimmel tomorrow night I wouldn't have received such a clear and definitive answer.

Thanks for the news anyway Downzy

• Like 1

I said last week when everyone wondered why they hadn't put Axl's name down on the shows guest list that there was fear he would cancel or not show up. Obviously this thing was tentatively set and even a maybe from Axl Rose will get you to save a spot for him.

Sad this didn't transpire, all signs pointed to Tuesday being a big day. Maybe it still will be, but maybe not involving Kimmel.

Yeah thanks downzy. I honestly expect this whole 'reunion' to still go ahead, but yous might wanna change that thread title.

Yeah, this occurred to me several minutes after I posted the news... :facepalm: I probably deserve a warning point for my sloppy moderating.

Well if they are lying to you and Axl will be on tomorrow then something really big must be happening. I can see where they are trying to make surprised happen but in today's age that's just not possible.

I still feel like Tuesday will be a good day, but Wednesday will likely be the Coachella announcement. Seems like a lot could go down in the next 48 hours, we'll just have to wait it out like we always do.