Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Another let down by axl.... Dude give your true supporters something.its hard to believe in you when you don't belive in you.

Did he officially back out of the Kimmel appearance?

He's kept this whole damn thing conveniently ambiguous, so it was never really "official" to begin with. Again, convenient. Not for the fans of course.

Again,you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Nobody said the appearance is cancelled. Coachella paid big bucks for the reunion. Maybe they want to officially announce it first.

Exactly! If I were Coachella, I'd already be pissed that everyone is talking about it. The reunion is literally being ruined because everyone can't just play it cool, as has always happened with GNR since the Internet. You all have to have leaks and tour dates and press releases and confirmations. You're rushing something they have a specific plan for. Its gonna happen, but just go to sleep until it does cause you're honestly ruining it.

Yes. But also, you know the best way to guarantee this doesn't happen? STOP FREEZING OUT YOUR FANBASE. If you want people to stop being rabid for scraps, stop withholding everything for 10, 12 years at a time. You don't see this shit with any other band on the planet...mostly because every other band on the planet doesn't disappear for years at a time. If they were a constant, reliable presence, we wouldn't be having this manic uproar. We would simply all be sitting here, laughing over good conversation and waiting to buy tickets.

Thats just not how it goes though, and you should know that. There's enough info out there that proves its happening. This is the one time people should just sit back and relax. Learn from the past that you will not force an announcement. This is the calm before the storm. This is the time to silently enjoy, not need every little bit of information. I get that people have been rabid for 15 years, but this is the one time you shouldn't be because we all know its happening. There's nothing to be rabid about. Just fucking wait (and thats not directed at you if it sounds harsh, I just mean everyone).

No worries. :)

To his defense, there was a user named "Axl owns dexter", maybe he misread and only saw "dexter".

I actually made that mistake for a second last week. The name ran off the end of the line so the dexter part was on the line below. Easy to imagine that happening.

Perhaps a last minute decision to cancel because it's a live show on when half the country is asleep. May not be the best time for the official annoncement. This has been known for a few hours now, I'm sure if this meant that things were off Slash and Duff would've said so and moved on. Though I would've expected something from Kimmel saying it has been cancelled unless they are still searching for a fill in guest and break the news on tonight's show. Though the 1 ton elephant in the room is this being Axl and GNR -- things don't go according to plan in most instances.

its not really a good look to back out at this point though. Axl already has a bad wrap for being unreliable and it doesn't exactly get this whole reunion thing off on the right foot

i still say he'll be on there. its supposed to be a surprise appearance so its not a stretch to think thats why they said he wouldn't be on...could be wrong

Edited by -W.A.R-

Let's have some fun with this.

Fast forward one year from now..

"Axl Rose rumored to reunite with Jimmy Kimmel for announcement but will announce it on Jimmy Fallon."

Legendary Guns and Roses singer Axl Rose is rumored to be planning a visit to the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to announce his return to the Jimmy Kimmel show to finally make the long awaited announcement of a classic GnR lineup reunion tour. Just one year ago, Rose suddenly canceled a planned appearance on the Kimmel show to make the announcement, sending the Internet rumor mill wild. This long-awaited appearance on Fallon should finally provide details of the appearance on Kimmel which should provide details of the reunion, long-awaited by fans...

Maybe he was but seeing whatvyou have to say to him which were mostly some ugly insults he changed his mind which doesnt surprise me. Some morons here should be banned forever...

It's either one or the other with some people. They either turn into gibbering sycophants, or they go out of the way to insult, just to prove they're not starstruck or something. When Bumble came here, the reaction was ridiculous. People don't know how to act, which should be of no surprise really.