Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

According to a spokesperson for Jimmy Kimmel live the reason Axl will not be attending is due to unforeseen circumstances

oh, then is justified...

Where did I say that?

It's obviously a shit fight right now but I'm not going to let it get to me considering the other news we've had today

Am I the only one who is really concerned by this cancellation? Reunion was supposed to start a new chapter, and yet the old shit just continues. Now the whole thing is spoiled from the start. :(

Man you sound a bit sensitive ;)

Look seriously, the way guns had played out since the start if you don't expect anything you won't be disappointed

Everything else is a bonus

Am I the only one who is really concerned by this cancellation? Reunion was supposed to start a new chapter, and yet the old shit just continues. Now the whole thing is spoiled from the start. :(

Yes Its the same old. Thats why No worries, GnR is alive and well.

We may get a trickle of announcements until April but I highly doubt we will see Axl. Sort of an underwhelming way to announce a highly sought after reunion. A post on a very underutilized fan forum then band members sharing a FB picture? Don't get me wrong, I'm excited but I wish they came out with a boom and not this trickle of info.

• Like 1

Watching Late Night now for any Matt news.

This is a far bigger sacrifice. Meyers show is pretty painful to watch.

haha. He is pretty horrible. *Makes bad joke and stares at the camera and smiles until someone laughs and the "LAUGH" sign blinds the audience*

• Like 1

Guys it will be probably 4 months until we hear anything else. The Coachella show is in April

It's been said that the lineup will be reported tomorrow.

I want a interview not a lineup

You will get a lineup/tour schedule and like it!!

https://twitter.com/htgth/status/683979608136519680

Jarmo posted that 13 hours ago, then he said the show isn't happening about an hour ago.. if he said it never been confirmed, why the fuck did he post the link to ABC where it states Axl Rose will be on Kimmel?

Because everyone wants to be "special" on the internet

Seriously I am really starting to hate every single person on any GNR forum sites on the internet who use the "I have a source that I can't say but...." thing. Just in general

Yeah

I mean i cannot bring up an another band's fanbase that does this kind of thing...

Every fucking insider are fake as fuck

If you have sources, then share it, otherwise you're a fraud or a slave

This is laughable and sad at the same time

I don't claim to be an "insider" or anything other than a fan who owns a fan site. I have a few emails to various people who are connected to the band. They are willing to share information so long as they're not named.

So the choice I'm left with is to keep quiet and say nothing or help fellow fans with news and information. If you choose to not believe me, that's fine. I can only vouch for the information as it's being told to me. I'm not hearing it directly from Axl so take it for what it is.

I'm sure I voice the opinion of all when I say your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Now that that's out of the way....

What's the full lineup? :lol:

I'm hearing strong rumours of Traci Guns, Ole Beich, and Rob Gardiner rounding out the lineup.

:P

No clue. There's a rumour the lineup will be confirmed tomorrow, but we'll see.

Jarmo posted that 13 hours ago, then he said the show isn't happening about an hour ago.. if he said it never been confirmed, why the fuck did he post the link to ABC where it states Axl Rose will be on Kimmel?

Seriously I am really starting to hate every single person on any GNR forum sites on the internet who use the "I have a source that I can't say but...." thing. Just in general

Yeah

I mean i cannot bring up an another band's fanbase that does this kind of thing...

I don't claim to be an "insider" or anything other than a fan who owns a fan site. I have a few emails to various people who are connected to the band. They are willing to share information so long as they're not named.

So the choice I'm left with is to keep quiet and say nothing or help fellow fans with news and information. If you choose to not believe me, that's fine. I can only vouch for the information as it's being told to me. I'm not hearing it directly from Axl so take it for what it is.

I'm sure I voice the opinion of all when I say your efforts are greatly appreciated!

I'm hearing strong rumours of Traci Guns, Ole Beich, and Rob Gardiner rounding out the lineup.

Did they use black magic to bring Ole back to life or something?

Am I the only one who thinks it's a good thing Axl is not doing Kimmel? Get in shape.... get in the fucking zone... maybe pen some new tunes... and then emerge in April and unleash the beast.

Nobody wants to hear a bunch of "it's gonna be this and that"... just put it on the table in April and let the performance do the talking.

A performance on Kimmel's stage would have been even worse... a tiny sea of non-fans with their cells phones and no energy to feed off of. Thank god....

Edited by Ant

Kosonen, on 05 Jan 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Yes Its the same old. Thats why No worries, GnR is alive and well.

Tadsy, on 05 Jan 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

Man you sound a bit sensitive ;)

Look seriously, the way guns had played out since the start if you don't expect anything you won't be disappointed

Everything else is a bonus

I'm not fearing that the reunion is in danger. But I sincerely hoped that some of Slash's and Duff's grown-up work ethics would carry over in the mix. :/

Edited by Schwarzgold

Am I the only one who thinks it's a good thing Axl is not doing Kimmel? Get in shape.... get in the fucking zone... maybe pen some new tunes... and then emerge in April and unleash the beast.

Nobody wants to hear a bunch of "it's gonna be this and that"... just put it on the table in April and let the performance do the talking.

Ya, I agree, I just wish 1) He was never announced and 2) They had a cooler release plan.

Minor complaints, yes, but for such a big announcement I wish there was more of a plan.

Edited by Stryker

I wonder if we won't see Axl again until he hits the stage at Coachella? Probably part motivated by aim to lose weight, but also to maintain mystique, and further by wanting to avoid awkward questions about how he did a 180 on Slash.

It would be pretty cool to not know what exactly is gonna happen until show time.

Yeah

Did they use black magic to bring Ole back to life or something?
They turn into the dark side, Darth Axl and his apprentice, Darth Slash has already learned that black magic. Darth Axl has the most midi-chlorian in this planet.

A performance on Kimmel's stage would have been even worse... a tiny sea of non-fans with their cells phones and no energy to feed off of. Thank god....

Fans are 'assuming' that he isnt doing Kimmel coz of some weight jokes. Really? If he was really that sensitive he wouldnt have been at this weight.

From the track record of 20 years of GNR... I think there will be no reunion or interviews or updates or album.

If he emerges/unleashes then we'll see.

For the mainstream it was a big thing. But like I said... with GNR expect the unexpected and by unexpected I mean worse. If anything better than worse happens... then its great.

Yeah

*Buys Coachella Ticket*

*Books Hotel*

*Hand-stiches "Welcome Back Traci" Blanket*

#Original5

As for the Kimmel thing, its painfully obvious that everyone involved included Kimmel is HONEY DICKING the SHIT out of us.

Canceling it, only for them to make a surprise performance!

That's what I'm hoping.

I find it hard to believe they'll be able to find a replacement guest in a day.

Fans are 'assuming' that he isnt doing Kimmel coz of some weight jokes. Really? If he was really that sensitive he wouldnt have been at this weight.

From the track record of 20 years of GNR... I think there will be no reunion or interviews or updates or album.

If he emerges/unleashes then we'll see.

For the mainstream it was a big thing. But like I said... with GNR expect the unexpected and by unexpected I mean worse. If anything better than worse happens... then its great.

I'm not trying to frame it like he's slinking away from Kimmel 'cause he's embarrassed about being overweight. That said, it is a lot easier to be "soft" and below your full potential physically and performance-wise when you're holed up in Malibu and nobody but your surrogate mom is seeing you.

When you're signed up contractually to perform for 100,000 people, your legacy in on the line and your bandmates are sober, way more proficient than your last go-around with them and they're hungry as fuck... I figure it does light a fire under your ass.

I think him and whoever is helping them now management wise probably recognized Axl and reunited a GNR were not ready for primetime.... or maybe it was something totally different haha. Just speculating.

Edited by Ant

Axl's sister took down her post on facebook about Axl appearing on Kimmel tomorrow. If Axl doesn't make a statement tomorrow regarding the line-up, then he should be drug out into the street and shot, as Garfield the cat would say.

Axl's sister took down her post on facebook about Axl appearing on Kimmel tomorrow. If Axl doesn't make a statement tomorrow regarding the line-up, then he should be drug out into the street and shot, as Garfield the cat would say.

really ? hahaha didnt know izzy or steve meant that much to anyone lol imo izzy doesnt matter unless theres an album... would be cool to see on stage but its not make it or break it as far as a tour goes as much as an album

Hi there! Must join here, because of this great gnr reunion and here seems to be interesting talk about that.

So, about classic line-up, what if they do shows where appetite era is with Steven and Illusion with Matt?

And sorry about my English, but I live almost in north pole (Finland) not on sunset strip :)