Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I wish that, just one time, Axl could do something that doesn't turn into a complete clusterfuck and adds further embarrassment to his career. He wouldn't be the butt of all these late/no-show jokes still if he didn't pull shit like this.

He's a private person who doesn't share every aspect of his entire life on social media unlike more than half the worlds population. Something must have come up, anything! Unless he's clairvoyant, "due to unforeseen circumstances" he can't see what's round the corner. Yeah it sucks he won't be on Kimmel live but I think in the next three months he will. I'm not defending his past no shows or cancellations but not everything that is sensationalised in the media tells the exact truth of a given situation.

Edited by Edward Nigma

I've still got the PVR set regardless. There were reasons to be worried when it was called off yesterday but we still got the official announcement that we expected regardless of Kimmel. I'm not too worried if he doesn't end up appearing but if he does then it's a bonus surprise.

to be fair, there has bound to have been beef with 3 potential drummers all wanting to play on this tour.

Havin all 3 on tour isnt feasible. So someones gonna get butt hurt.

The drummer situation is indeed the messiest out of the vacant slots. I'd say even more so than Izzy because there's a good chance he wouldn't want to do a full tour save for a guest spot here or there anyways. With the drummers, you've got a complicated situation because from the "classic" era alone there's two options (Matt and Steven of course) plus Frank who's been a committed member of the band for 10 years despite the bullshit.

to be fair, there has bound to have been beef with 3 potential drummers all wanting to play on this tour.

The drummer situation is indeed the messiest out of the vacant slots. I'd say even more so than Izzy because there's a good chance he wouldn't want to do a full tour save for a guest spot here or there anyways. With the drummers, you've got a complicated situation because from the "classic" era alone there's two options (Matt and Steven of course) plus Frank who's been a committed member of the band for 10 years despite the bullshit.

Who cares who is drumming. Pearl Jam has had like 42 drummers and no no one cares.

So...What are the chances this is a prank ala the whole Matt Damon snubbing thing? If anyone could/would pull it off it would be Kimmel. Maybe it really was supposed to be a surprise?

I'll still be tuning in tonight just in case...

Edited by sofine11

The way Kimmel was talking, it sounds like he could still show up.

Okay, is there anything confirmed for tonight? Other than burritos?

Quesadillas.

Cheesy Breakfast Burrito with Sausage, hash brown, and a coffee.

Yeah, the whole "Or who knows...Maybe he'll surprise us." quip has me wondering.

• Like 1

Quesadillas.

Yeah, the whole "Or who knows...Maybe he'll surprise us." quip has me wondering.

Actually, that's what has me thinking it isn't. If the purpose is a surprise, why imply one may happen?

Quesadillas.

He did leave it open. Ya know.

Who cares who is drumming. Pearl Jam has had like 42 drummers and no no one cares.

To a lot of fans it does matter. Steven's groove was very influential in the original Guns sound. He'd be the first choice for most. For me personally, if it's not Steven then I'm fine with Matt or Frank. At this point I don't care. The big thing is Duff and Slash being back.

Quesadillas.

Yea but if he's gonna bother to be on the show you'd think he'd want people to be watching and not find out tomorrow... I don't think he'll be there. Guess I'll DVR in case, but not gonna watch to be disappointed.

On the other hand..... I remember '89 I think, I watched the whole VMA's figuring GNR would be the surprise guest. As soon as Tom Petty came out I turned it off, only to find out Axl was there too. So maybe there's precedent...

Quesadillas.

Yea but if he's gonna bother to be on the show you'd think he'd want people to be watching and not find out tomorrow... I don't think he'll be there. Guess I'll DVR in case, but not gonna watch to be disappointed.

On the other hand..... I remember '89 I think, I watched the whole VMA's figuring GNR would be the surprise guest. As soon as Tom Petty came out I turned it off, only to find out Axl was there too. So maybe there's precedent...

The good news is that we now live in the age of DVRs & the internet, so if you don't watch it, you'll still see what went down very soon after.

Hey guys take this for what it's worth. I sent a similar message to Black Sabbath yesterday. My friend Mike who's a cameraman for ABC and who's been the one that's been trying to fill me in on all the background details told me there were supposed to be a schedule performance with Axl Slash Duff Richard Frank Dizzy and Chris. For all anybody knows it could still happen tonight and they're keeping things a surprise, or it's moved to a later date, or the entire plan has been called off. I guess we'll know soon enough because Jimmy's show tapes early and I'll be in contact with Mike for pretty much the rest the afternoon. Here's hoping.

• Like 2

Hey guys take this for what it's worth. I sent a similar message to Black Sabbath yesterday. My friend Mike who's a cameraman for ABC and who's been the one that's been trying to fill me in on all the background details told me there were supposed to be a schedule performance with Axl Slash Duff Richard Frank Dizzy and Chris. For all anybody knows it could still happen tonight and they're keeping things a surprise, or it's moved to a later date, or the entire plan has been called off. I guess we'll know soon enough because Jimmy's show tapes early and I'll be in contact with Mike for pretty much the rest the afternoon. Here's hoping.

I believe you although that seems it would have been impossible. Frank is in NY for his Mule Kick show, so had this really been cancelled 24 hours ago, he would have cancelled that awhile ago. Unless that Mule show just got announced when Axl cancelled. But it seems Frank would never have been in LA tonight. Am I right?

I believe you although that seems it would have been impossible. Frank is in NY for his Mule Kick show, so had this really been cancelled 24 hours ago, he would have cancelled that awhile ago. Unless that Mule show just got announced when Axl cancelled. But it seems Frank would never have been in LA tonight. Am I right?

I thought Frabk is headed to LA today...

I imagine the Kimmel people are fighting kinda hard to get Axl to show up still. I think it's a lost cause but who knows