Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Cancelling at the last minute not only pisses off Kimmel, but it embarrasses Slash and Duff.

"All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's … work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face." ― Axl (2011)

Pretty funny in hindsight. Everybody knows the only person capable of fucking this up is Axl. Steven Adler could be on stage at Coachella with a crack pipe and it would pale in comparison to whatever Axl is going to do to ruin this.

Cancelling at the last minute not only pisses off Kimmel, but it embarrasses Slash and Duff.

"All these managers, they all believe in one thing: sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It's just a phone call. It's a half a day's work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don't care if it falls on its face." ― Axl (2011)

Pretty funny in hindsight. Everybody knows the only person capable of fucking this up is Axl. Steven Adler could be on stage at Coachella with a crack pipe and it would pale in comparison to whatever Axl is going to do to ruin this.

Truth

Also my friend just told me that apparently Howard Stern this morning said that Jimmy was supposed to have the first "official" performance of the reunited Guns n' Roses and was told by Kimmel (whom Stern is good friends with) to keep quiet and not say anything. So there's some legitimate truth to what I was told about a performance. Can anyone confirm this quote from Stern this morning? Something still tells me we will see them perform this week regardless of the "not appearing" messages I've been receiving all day.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

I don't think a performance is a great idea at the moment anyhow. Coachella most likely will be the first performance, and a late night TV appearance would be super random. The 3 month gap is key here. An interview segment with Axl, Slash, or both is preferable. imo.

Edited by GNR 1991

Also my friend just told me that apparently Howard Stern this morning said that Jimmy was supposed to have the first "official" performance of the reunited Guns n' Roses and was told by Kimmel (whom Stern is good friends with) to keep quiet and not say anything. So there's some legitimate truth to what I was told about a performance. Can anyone confirm this quote from Stern this morning? Something still tells me we will see them perform this week regardless of the "not appearing" messages I've been receiving all day.

If the sorum thing is true, that would explain the last minute trip from Frank.

Or just they maybe change the channel? ABC for NBC?

Maybe, but I thought Billy Joel was Fallon's guest tonight? Would be awesome if they showed up.

Seen some media outlets picking up the story of Axl cancelling, and the comment sections descend into more of the same making fun of GNR and how nothing has changed.

Really just a bad look. Because of his past actions he gets no benefit of the doubt if things legitimately happen.

The guy just can't get out of his own way.

Maybe, but I thought Billy Joel was Fallon's guest tonight? Would be awesome if they showed up.

I believe Frank is on his way to LA? Today we will get another announcement from Fernando, tomorrow is another story.

I believe Frank is on his way to LA? Today we will get another announcement from Fernando, tomorrow is another story.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I really wish this band was managed buy an actual management agency.
  • Like 2

Joel is the guest tomorrow I believe. Also Fallon tapes in New York so if that were the case I assume Frank would have just stayed there.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I really wish this band was managed buy an actual management agency.

If only.

The promotion campaign prior to this was good, but god damn have they dropped the ball with the whole announcement thing.

If only.

The promotion campaign prior to this was good, but god damn have they dropped the ball with the whole announcement thing.

Yeah I actually thought they HAD a real management agency behind them with this. The stuff like the Jungle teaser before movies was great, and I think there was another thing that seemed to hint that it wasn't Team Brazil but someone who knew what the fuck they were doing.

The announcement has Team Brazil written all over it, which is sad. Either they just had a great pre-announcement run and they are back to their old idiotic ways, or this was just a blunder by the actual management team and it'll run smoother in the future.

Who the fuck knows.

Ugh. I need it straight from Axl's mouth before believing it's a reunion. Didn't someone say Slash and Duff shared the Coachella poster on Facebook?

They did. That actually happened. And Axl tweeted its "confirmed". He hasn't said the word Slash yet, but they all tweeted the picture so its 100% happening.

WHY Slash and Duff returned to this shit show? That information hasn't been released yet, and if I were them I'd say their accounts were hacked cause this is embarrassing to return and this is the FIRST thing that happens.

• Like 1

still secretly hoping this is all one gigantic smokescreen and were all going to see something big happen tonight

Maybe a group picture of everyone? Wouldn't that be something

I hope too man, I was eagerly waiting for this. Anymore update from your friend?

Ugh. I need it straight from Axl's mouth before believing it's a reunion. Didn't someone say Slash and Duff shared the Coachella poster on Facebook?

Nu GNR isn't big enough to headline Coachella. So the fact that they've been announced as the headliner already tells you the reunion is official. Why do people need some stupid sitdown TV interview to confirm that?

• Like 1

still secretly hoping this is all one gigantic smokescreen and were all going to see something big happen tonight

I can just imagine that meeting...so we'll run this great promotional hype for a few weeks and just as it's reaches crescendo Axl will pull his no show schtick. Once everyone has switched off their TV's in disappointment we'll double back and catch all those Natalie Dormer fans by surprise.

It could happen! :lol:

I hope too man, I was eagerly waiting for this. Anymore update from your friend?

Nothing that I haven't said already no news to report.