Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

We have known if Coachella for a couple weeks. When is the real info coming?

This roll out has been a fucking joke. A shared Coachella pic? Give me a fucking break. Should have hired Gibbo27 to make a badass trailer announcing the reunion. Would be much better than this horse shit.

Apparently there is meant to be more info coming today, but yeah, they've really screwed the announcement.

If i were in charge, i would have sent press kits out to the media, scheduled some interviews/conferences, released a clear guide on what is happening (band lineup, general info etc) and put out a track or two and some band photos. This reunion would have been in the works for a while, so they should have had their shit sorted. I guess i shouldn't have expected anything more though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

I think Axl finally understood the importance of be in shape to this new chapter of GNR... He has time to get in shape, four months untill the date of the first show on april...

He finally understood that the crowd dont want to see him out of shape on kimmel, and that the fans expect his best effort...

Thats MY OPINION....

I think Axl finally understood the importance of be in shape to this new chapter of GNR... He has time to get in shape, four months untill the date of the first show on april...

He finally understood that the crowd dont want to see him out of shape on kimmel, and that the fans expect his best effort...

Thats MY OPINION....

Really hope you're right

Thats MY OPINION....

Well, it's also highly likely that Axl has known for months that public appearances to support the reunion announcement were likely and he STILL wasn't able to be adequately in shape. Opportunity blown. The buzz for this is significant, but it should have been BIGGER.

Thats MY OPINION....

Well, it's also highly likely that Axl has known for months that public appearances to support the reunion announcement were likely and he STILL wasn't able to be adequately in shape. Opportunity blown. The buzz for this is significant, but it should have been BIGGER.

With nothing REAL and tangible the present hype will die down shortly (if nothing more comes) and the internet will move on to the next thing! There HAS to be something before now and April, especially if a tour is going to go on sale?!

Surely, all they need to do is update the official website with a press release, how difficult is that? Instead they just have the crowd trailer and the dates in the event section! What's stopping a proper press release? It must be on the way, surely!
If not coming on Kimmel, surely some other form...

The offers of magazine covers, shows etc must be coming thick and fast at the moment!

Edited by colonizedmind

According to a spokesperson for Jimmy Kimmel live the reason Axl will not be attending is due to unforeseen circumstances

oh, then is justified...

Where did I say that?

It's obviously a shit fight right now but I'm not going to let it get to me considering the other news we've had today

Heyyyy wow, calm down man, i was pointing out how vague, "unforseen circumstances" sounded, that's all.

The whole thing is incredible. Slash and Axl on the same stage again after two decades. The whole Kimmel thing seems to be strange. Rolling Stome reported it orginally. Then Axl sister confirmed it on Facebook and immediately took down the post that same day. Then when Kimmel guest for the week came out on Saturday he was not orginally on there. Then randomly Monday morning his name appears, then that same day it is taken down and people are reporting he will not attend. When Kimmel confirms he won't be on, it seems like he was just fooling around. He even says at the end maybe he will surprise is. Also on the schedule for tonight his name is still there. It might take awhile to update, but I don't think that long. You never know

We have known if Coachella for a couple weeks. When is the real info coming?

This roll out has been a fucking joke. A shared Coachella pic? Give me a fucking break. Should have hired Gibbo27 to make a badass trailer announcing the reunion. Would be much better than this horse shit.

Apparently there is meant to be more info coming today, but yeah, they've really screwed the announcement.

If i were in charge, i would have sent press kits out to the media, scheduled some interviews/conferences, released a clear guide on what is happening (band lineup, general info etc) and put out a track or two and some band photos. This reunion would have been in the works for a while, so they should have had their shit sorted. I guess i shouldn't have expected anything more though.

completely agree. I can't believe amatuerish the GNR PR is - especially for something like this. I imagine it's Axl's preference to not have an unknown agency in the inner circle of trust - but to not professionally capitalise on this is so odd. Just doesn't seem cohesive enough for the momentous occasion. Sure, the message won't need that much pushing given the context, but the whole announcement is half cocked. Imagine a recent pic of Axl, Slash and Duff...think how shareable that is? It would trend straight away. But no, just the festival lineup. Coachella must have paid top whack and demanded they were front and centre. But even then it's not great.

The whole thing is incredible. Slash and Axl on the same stage again after two decades. The whole Kimmel thing seems to be strange. Rolling Stome reported it orginally. Then Axl sister confirmed it on Facebook and immediately took down the post that same day. Then when Kimmel guest for the week came out on Saturday he was not orginally on there. Then randomly Monday morning his name appears, then that same day it is taken down and people are reporting he will not attend. When Kimmel confirms he won't be on, it seems like he was just fooling around. He even says at the end maybe he will surprise is. Also on the schedule for tonight his name is still there. It might take awhile to update, but I don't think that long. You never know

Yeah, this was all fun back when he was 30 and he did other things.

Nowadays, its absolutely maddening and one of the things I hate most about him.

Of course my hate will turn to joy when I see him put his arm around Slash at Coachella, but still I so wish Axl would cut the shit.

It's really weird. Also if you look at Google Trends, interest doesn't seen to be much higher then when the band started touring again in 2010-2011.

Because people are pretty skeptical about this thing. Guns N Roses used to have ALOT of fans.. I hear the talk and read the comments. This isn't the reunion people were hoping for

It's really weird. Also if you look at Google Trends, interest doesn't seen to be much higher then when the band started touring again in 2010-2011.

It would be trending much higher if Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve came on Jimmy Kimmel last night and announced a 28 stadium tour and then ripped through 3 GNR classics to complete the hour.

• Like 2

It would be trending much higher if Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve came on Jimmy Kimmel last night and announced a 28 stadium tour and then ripped through 3 GNR classics to complete the hour.

That would have broke the fucking internet... This.. Not so much

Because people are pretty skeptical about this thing. Guns N Roses used to have ALOT of fans.. I hear the talk and read the comments. This isn't the reunion people were hoping for

Even people HERE aren't overwhelmingly interested. It truly isn't the reunion everyone wanted or else my dad who doesn't care about GNR would be talking about it. Its a hybrid, which made it nearly as niche as NuGuns. Its not the worldwide news it could be. You're lying if you say otherwise. Cause we'd know if it was the reunion everyone wanted.

Its kind of sad to say that outloud.

• Like 1