Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

It's really weird. Also if you look at Google Trends, interest doesn't seen to be much higher then when the band started touring again in 2010-2011.

Because people are pretty skeptical about this thing. Guns N Roses used to have ALOT of fans.. I hear the talk and read the comments. This isn't the reunion people were hoping for

Even people HERE aren't overwhelmingly interested. It truly isn't the reunion everyone wanted or else my dad who doesn't care about GNR would be talking about it. Its a hybrid, which made it nearly as niche as NuGuns. Its not the worldwide news it could be. You're lying if you say otherwise. Cause we'd know if it was the reunion everyone wanted.

Its kind of sad to say that outloud.

It really is sad...

Maybe they need to start with arenas before going all crazy with stadiums. I remember when Van Halen "reunited" with Sammy in 2004, it could barely fill arenas and sheds. We are talking about a 3/5 reunion here, so slow the roll maybe. If they come to my town, I will be there though. As long as Axl, Slash, Duff are involved. But we all want the big 5!

I don't think that the presence of Izzy and Steven would have increased the interest. Nobody cares about Izzy and Steven outside the GNR boards.

Thats funny.. I talk to friends, music fans at work.. Read comments on articles posted.. Alot of people care about Adler and Izzy... Even if they can't be there ok.. But the overload of keyboardist, possible guitarists and a shit drummer ruin it.. I did have one guy at a party tell me the other night that all he cares about is seeing Axl and Slash play together.

Anyone still staying up for this?

I will be awake with it in the background however I am very sure Axl is not gonna be there

All these late night shows tape in the afternoon and if Axl was there an announced something as big as a reunion surely we would have heard about it by now

I don't think that the presence of Izzy and Steven would have increased the interest. Nobody cares about Izzy and Steven outside the GNR boards.

Thats funny.. I talk to friends, music fans at work.. Read comments on articles posted.. Alot of people care about Adler and Izzy... Even if they can't be there ok.. But the overload of keyboardist, possible guitarists and a shit drummer ruin it.. I did have one guy at a party tell me the other night that all he cares about is seeing Axl and Slash play together.

Yeah, it doesn't really have to do with Adler and Izzy. It has to do with the fact that all the press would have to say "reunion of original Guns N Roses lineup." They can't say that now, they have to say something kind of weird, and the public is noticing. Thats exactly why its not the news you're seeing everyone. Cause by not having everyone, no one really cared. Especially cause they're all alive. Its just true.

People don't care that much about rock music anymore, plus Axl's performances have been disappointing for many years. Even if it was the original 5, the interest would have been pretty much the same. I don't think the internet woud have exploded just because of Steven and Izzy. Edited by Roky

People don't care that much anymore about rock music anymore, plus Axl's performances have been disappointing for many years. Even if it was the original 5, the interest would have been pretty much the same. I don't think the internet woud have exploded just because of Steven and Izzy.

You make alot of good points.. People haven't been impressed with Axl or his new version of GnR... It looks like this "reunion" is going to still resemble that more than anything..

The insistence on using Richard , Frank, Mother Goose is kind of ridiculous, when they could at least use Matt/Gilby if Izzy wanted no part (Steven is too unreliable to be the primary guy on drums).

It does have a bit of a half ass feel to it,

We have known if Coachella for a couple weeks. When is the real info coming?

This roll out has been a fucking joke. A shared Coachella pic? Give me a fucking break. Should have hired Gibbo27 to make a badass trailer announcing the reunion. Would be much better than this horse shit.

Agree. There's a real reticence to the announcement and to the way Axl's approaching it that says one thing - money. I seriously doubt if fences have really been mended in any lasting way. At this stage the reunion certainly doesn't feel as though it's built to last.

hahah.. Go read the comments on this article I just read. Almost every comment out of thousands is saying this isn't a reunion.. And most of the posts mention Izzy and Steven among other reasons. This is the type of shit I am seeing everywhere outside these boards man.. And hearing on the radio..

https://www.facebook.com/ultimateclassicrock/?fref=nf

• Like 1

hahah.. Go read the comments on this article I just read. Almost every comment out of thousands is saying this isn't a reunion.. And most of the posts mention Izzy and Steven among other reasons. This is the type of shit I am seeing everywhere outside these boards man.. And hearing on the radio..

A lot of them would still shit on it even if it was the original 5 because of Axl. Ton of negativity surrounding him due to his antics through the years. Funny thing is a lot of those same people don't give him any credit for the band's success. He was just as important as any of the other members.

The best they can do is fill arenas, forget stadiums. When the Police reunited it was the original 3 and it was a big thing, and they mostly played arenas. People can hear on youtube what Axl sounds like these days, that won't help.. And I still can't understand why 2 keyboards players, it's lame to see Dizzy play the bongos because he's useless half the time, but to see Pittman just jerking off up there is ridiculous... and 3 guitarists.. if you have Slash in your band, you DON'T need 3 guitar players. Sorry I guess we should just be happy but I want this thing to be as good as possible and an hybrid reunion is not that great imo.

• Like 1

It's the internet, a garbage can. If Izzy and Steven were in, people would be whining about something else. They would say that the UYI line-up is better, or that the original 5 won't be able to play November Rain. Truth is, Steven is too unreliable, and Izzy is Izzy. We should be happy that Slash, Duff and Axl are sharing the same stage. Not many people thought it was possible.
  • Like 1

The best they can do is fill arenas, forget stadiums. When the Police reunited it was the original 3 and it was a big thing, and they mostly played arenas. People can hear on youtube what Axl sounds like these days, that won't help.. And I still can't understand why 2 keyboards players, it's lame to see Dizzy play the bongos because he's useless half the time, but to see Pittman just jerking off up there is ridiculous... and 3 guitarists.. if you have Slash in your band, you DON'T need 3 guitar players. Sorry I guess we should just be happy but I want this thing to be as good as possible and an hybrid reunion is not that great imo.

Agree with you 100% on all accounts.. Great post

They don't have 3 guitarists at the moment. It's Slash and Richard. I agree with you on the keyboards. They should be scrapped entirely.