Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

The best they can do is fill arenas, forget stadiums. When the Police reunited it was the original 3 and it was a big thing, and they mostly played arenas. People can hear on youtube what Axl sounds like these days, that won't help.. And I still can't understand why 2 keyboards players, it's lame to see Dizzy play the bongos because he's useless half the time, but to see Pittman just jerking off up there is ridiculous... and 3 guitarists.. if you have Slash in your band, you DON'T need 3 guitar players. Sorry I guess we should just be happy but I want this thing to be as good as possible and an hybrid reunion is not that great imo.

Thank you. Voice of reason!

If anything, I'm just disappointed in Slash. I really never thought he'd agree to Guns again unless it was right, and its not. Its not the way it should be. Kapitch highlights every reason why. This is dumb.

Everyone has something to complain about no matter what the lineup is, but the truth is the announcement has not been handled correctly and the Kimmel no show does not look good.. GNR has brutal management, simple as, and its as clear as day that from Axls side, its all about the money. If he brings his absolute A game and these shows/tour are promoted properly, this tour will be a stadium filling success, if he's like he has been recently, the legacy of the great original GNR will be tarnished forever.. We will wait and see, fingers crossed and all that..

The best they can do is fill arenas, forget stadiums. When the Police reunited it was the original 3 and it was a big thing, and they mostly played arenas. People can hear on youtube what Axl sounds like these days, that won't help.. And I still can't understand why 2 keyboards players, it's lame to see Dizzy play the bongos because he's useless half the time, but to see Pittman just jerking off up there is ridiculous... and 3 guitarists.. if you have Slash in your band, you DON'T need 3 guitar players. Sorry I guess we should just be happy but I want this thing to be as good as possible and an hybrid reunion is not that great imo.

Thank you. Voice of reason!

If anything, I'm just disappointed in Slash. I really never thought he'd agree to Guns again unless it was right, and its not. Its not the way it should be. Kapitch highlights every reason why. This is dumb.

Voice of reason is to wait and see.

Everyone has something to complain about no matter what the lineup is, but the truth is the announcement has not been handled correctly and the Kimmel no show does not look good.. GNR has brutal management, simple as, and its as clear as day that from Axls side, its all about the money. If he brings his absolute A game and these shows/tour are promoted properly, this tour will be a stadium filling success, if he's like he has been recently, the legacy of the great original GNR will be tarnished forever.. We will wait and see, fingers crossed and all that..

Complaints complaints complaints.

It's like every time Axl/TB monumentally screw things up all you guys do is complain. Sheesh.

Latest rumour (something I read on another GNR forum), Axl cancelled the Kimmel appearance because of the "incident" with Matt?

Not sure how much truth is there really..

Matt is in NYC with Seth Meyers right now. Jimmy is in LA.

Did they describe the 'incident'?

Maybe they got caught of guard by people freaking out about the lineup. Honestly though most of the people who are gonna buy tickets and fill stadiums aren't going to be people who would know Izzy or Steven exist much less be complaining about it. Just like if you read comments on Van Halen you would think people gave a shit about Michael Anthony, fact is his absence had no effect on the huge success of that reunion.

• Like 1

Just like if you read comments on Van Halen you would think people gave a shit about Michael Anthony, fact is his absence had no effect on the huge success of that reunion.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Are ya ready? Do you know what Van Halen did right off the bat that was the exactly right move?

They held a press conference, and at the VERY beginning, Dave hugged Eddie. He made a point to do it. THAT'S what people need. After that, no one questioned a thing. It didn't matter that Michael wasn't there. People got the image and wanted to see more of that on a tour.

Listen, Van Halen fucks up too, but they announced their reunion perfectly. Held a press conference, aired it live, answered questions, told you what to expect, who was in the band. By the end of that 20 minute conference, fuck yeah you wanted to see Van Halen.

Why the fuck have Guns given me any reason to see them?

• Like 1

Just like if you read comments on Van Halen you would think people gave a shit about Michael Anthony, fact is his absence had no effect on the huge success of that reunion.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Are ya ready? Do you know what Van Halen did right off the bat that was the exactly right move?

They held a press conference, and at the VERY beginning, Dave hugged Eddie. He made a point to do it. THAT'S what people need. After that, no one questioned a thing. It didn't matter that Michael wasn't there. People got the image and wanted to see more of that on a tour.

Listen, Van Halen fucks up too, but they announced their reunion perfectly. Held a press conference, aired it live, answered questions, told you what to expect, who was in the band. By the end of that 20 minute conference, fuck yeah you wanted to see Van Halen.

Why the fuck have Guns given me any reason to see them?

amen, truth.

Edited by sonofnazareth

January 5, 2016 By Eddie

Well after months of speculation we now have confirmation of a Guns n Roses reunion of sorts. In one of the worst kept secrets ever it was finally made official the band will headline Coachella in CA in April.

Strong rumors suggest there will be a couple warm up dates and then more extensive touring after Coachella if it goes well and the offers are what they expect.

But things are far from cut and dry here because there is no confirmation yet on who actually will be in this version of GnR besides Axl, Slash and Duff.

Now for many thats all they need. But for just as many they are hoping for the original 5 still at some point in the show. Since all official releases have only listed Axl, Slash and Duff its clear this is really going to be a mix of old and new Guns it would seem.

But the reunion aspect and the entire billing is all about the 3 members in the press releases, which also included individual photos of each guy.

My take is that they dont quite have this all figured out just yet. They had to announce Coachella because its a festival with many other bands (very little of interest to hard rock/Guns fans), it was leaking out everywhere, and tickets are going on sale.

But I would hope for and expect a press conference and more details, dates, and band members to be released as they get closer and sort through everything.

My sources have told me current GnR drummer Frank Ferrer will be retained and play the bulk of the show, with perhaps a guest appearance from Steven Adler if a deal can be worked out. I would suspect the same with Richard Fortus staying, and maybe Izzy popping up.

I would also expect Dizzy and Chris Pittman to stay. I have heard the Dave Kushner rumor but dont know anything about that and dont see the connection, but anything is possible.

Axl always liked 3 guitars in the later era Guns so who knows? So what this really looks like now is the remaining current Guns lineup (except Stinson, cant have two bass players I guess), with Duff and Slash being plugged in, and maybe guest spots from Izzy and Steven.

Is this enough to make long time fans dying for a reunion content? For most yes. For some no. But it will do huge business regardless of the percentage that was holding out hope for an Appetite reunion 100%. That was never going to happen anyway since Guns only really made one album with that band.

I have also been told consistently by many that Matt Sorum is not involved. Read into that what you will. Have not heard Gilbys name attached either at this point.

I think that all of this is subject to change, but I feel this is where things are at now based on the people I have spoken to. The band members themselves have yet to talk since this went down.

Axl cancelled tonights appearance on Kimmel. Likely because there are still questions to be answered and it was too early to answer them.

Im hoping that there is a proper press conference at some point with all the key players taking questions (I am offering to host it! haha) and laying out the plan. But with the Coachella deadline looming they had to get it out and this is where we are now.

When I know more and there is more news I will post. I am happy that at least the mystery around this is put to rest and Axl and Slash have made the peace enough to reconnect and work together. For how long and how extensively time will tell. But no matter how you feel about where this is at, if you are a rock fan you have to be happy.

Because this is good for rock music. To put it in the spotlight and have people talking and focused on rock is always a good thing in my book. And judging by most of whats listed on the Coachella bill (again, never a hard rock event), Guns, if they are in good form, should annihilate everyone with real ROCK music!

And thats always a good thing!! We need these mega bands to keep our music at the top of these massive festival bills and in the conversation. Be sure to follow on Twitter @eddietrunk

eddietrunk.com/15-my-latest-on-the-guns-n-roses-reunion-news/

• Like 1