Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Axl is not attending Kimmel because he got nervous. Sounds childish but he's not ready to field questions about Slash, the closer it got to airtime the more Axl psyched himself out.

When you think about it, it would be nerve wrecking.

Most likely this. Instead of him appearing live in person to speak watch for his long worded letter in the coming weeks explaining why he's doing the reunion.
Agreed. Axl has never been entirely comfortable in the limelight so i would imagine he would be very stressed going on tv for the first time after a long hiatus when there's more pressure on him than there's been for more than 20 years. He's also been burned a couple of times in similar situations, like 2002. An open letter is probably imminent Edited by Changes

as it would be very refreshing to see axl or the " reband " on jkl, at least we got confirmation that "a band" of guns n' roses, whoever is in it, will likely perform in april. looking forward to a festive april live stream event. hopefully.

all this back n forth begins to wear me out: are they or aren't they, will he or won't he, confirmed or not confirmed...all the secrecy, smoke and mirrors...this aint the invasion of Normandy. we just want tickets, pay per views and kick ass merchandise and memories. simple. now give it to me. right now....

Fuck, why can be still ppl upset about this? You ppl can't wait till tomorrow without bitchin?

If there is no bitchin, there is no forum.

I get that on some level but now?.Fernando got the job done, Slash is back. We got Coachella. We got an announcement tonight. And we got a big day tomorrow.

Fuck, why can be still ppl upset about this? You ppl can't wait till tomorrow without bitchin?

If there is no bitchin, there is no forum.

I get that on some level but now?.Fernando got the job done, Slash is back. We got Coachella. We got an announcement tonight. And we got a big day tomorrow.

what's tomorrow? I must of missed something...

from the user buzzsaw at gnrevolution

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know details. I've heard rumblings that Matt and Axl had an incident. Don't know what or when exactly, but it seems to be tied to the Kimmel thing. What I don't know either is if Matt was out and it created the incident or if Matt is out because of the incident, but either way I would assume Matt is out. Completely I would guess.

:o

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know details. I've heard rumblings that Matt and Axl had an incident. Don't know what or when exactly, but it seems to be tied to the Kimmel thing. What I don't know either is if Matt was out and it created the incident or if Matt is out because of the incident, but either way I would assume Matt is out. Completely I would guess.

What the hell has Sorum got to do with Axl not coming to Kimmel's show?

If this thing with sorum is true, this proves axl should stick with those he wants to work with. If that means no matt and no adler, let it be. Why force something to work if it wont?

I dont buy the matt thing in regards to Kimmel

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around what Matt could have done that was so bad that Duff or Slash couldn't have convinced Axl otherwise. Maybe it is a power thing, but it just seems so odd they would just have him not be involved.

As for the Kimmel thing, its painfully obvious that everyone involved included Kimmel is HONEY DICKING the SHIT out of us.

Canceling it, only for them to make a surprise performance!

That's what I'm hoping.

I find it hard to believe they'll be able to find a replacement guest in a day.

It is Hollywood, lots of people to grab

Axl can do the rasp if he wants..but it takes effort. Its his choice to sing with the clean tone...who knows why.

He clearly uses a vocal effect on Chinese democracy song live.

He couldn't do the rasp at the end of the last tour. He tried and couldnt. You could blatantly tell

Edited by Download

buzzsaw wrote:

This was posted on a forum yesterday, I dismissed it at the time but who knows, perhaps the same source as GNREvo ?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2125714

Quote:

Surprised Matt Sorum's not going to be the drummer though if that proposed line up proves correct.

Aye, I bought this up to a fella "in the know" and allegedly Axl and Matt had a bit of a falling out behind the scenes fairly recently which is why he's not in the band with the rest of the VR fellas.