Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

On 6/10/2016 at 7:57 AM, alfierose said:

I think it happens if you don't give it chance to fully load before submitting or if someones connection is a bit erratic. This is the conclusion I came to after numerous attempts solving this during the Troubadour and Vegas shows.

This, it loads the words first then half image...then after a few seconds it "pops" up that is when to hit submit.  If you hit it before that you get the half image. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 8:35 PM, RussTCB said:

That's frustrated me for a while now too. I have no idea why it's happened, but I'm hoping someone on the staff does.

If you (or another staff member) sees a broken post like this, you can fix it:

- Click "edit" on the post
- Let the content (FB/Twitter/etc) load
- Save 

:) 

As @alfierose mentioned, it's just due to the content not loading fully before the post is submitted.

• Like 3

Just a suggestion, is it possible to have sub threads of each band member like

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Steven

etc etc

Im saying cause to even say one thing about them, people are making god knows how many threads, of course if there is some new news then that deserves its own thread and all

This thing has its Pro's and Con's but its just a suggestion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Just a suggestion, is it possible to have sub threads of each band member like

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Steven

etc etc

Im saying cause to even say one thing about them, people are making god knows how many threads, of course if there is some new news then that deserves its own thread and all

This thing has its Pro's and Con's but its just a suggestion.

I don't see the benefit really, It was set up very much like that when I first joined and the Duff, Izzy, Steven (and Matt I think) sections had very little traffic. More sections make the forum harder to navigate with notable exceptions like the AXL/DC section.

When I post a Youtube link, the video doesn't shows. When I click on insert other media to post the link there, it says my account doesn't has permission to do that.

Same thing with images, but it works when I post the link in Insert other media.

This din't happen when I used to be on my laptop (Sadly it just stopped working). I am currently using Surface 2 which has windows RT.

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

So anyone would like to reply me?

To be honest.... not really (you're rude and impatient), but I'll try anyway.

I don't have a Surface, but I'm guessing the version of Internet Explorer that comes with RT is no better than regular Internet Explorer when it comes to posting youtube links on the forum. The "insert other media" button is for images, not youtube links.

I would suggest a different browser, but you have Windows RT... so you can't install one. :shrugs: 

My suggestion would be to try exchanging your product for something else or alternatively.... just put up with it. ^_^ 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

To be honest.... not really (you're rude and impatient), but I'll try anyway.

I don't have a Surface, but I'm guessing the version of Internet Explorer that comes with RT is no better than regular Internet Explorer when it comes to posting youtube links on the forum. The "insert other media" button is for images, not youtube links.

I would suggest a different browser, but you have Windows RT... so you can't install one. :shrugs: 

My suggestion would be to try exchanging your product for something else or alternatively.... just put up with it. ^_^ 

Thanks for the reply

I don't know how asking for help makes me rude, it has happened in the past the I asked something and people have not replied and said they didn't see the post which is ok, sometimes people tend to miss something which is totally ok, that didn't make them rude in my eyes. All of us are humans after all.

But you know what is rude, when some one asks you general things or anything and then intentionally the other person ignores you on purpose, that is very rude. Im not talking about you in this case, but just generally when people usually classify people that this guy asks questions so ignore him, that guy did that thing so he is amazing.

Things like these makes me want stop posting from here, many people have left in the past cause of similar reasons, now you will say that you are not forcing me to post here. Yeah you are not, but some people respecting each other would be appreciated, Im not pointing fingers at you, but well this forum is there cause of the fans and I assume all of us are. but maybe for someone its like one goes and another one comes so what.

I know this post will be deleted, but anyways thanks for the suggestion.

39 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Thanks for the reply

I don't know how asking for help makes me rude, it has happened in the past the I asked something and people have not replied and said they didn't see the post which is ok, sometimes people tend to miss something which is totally ok, that didn't make them rude in my eyes. All of us are humans after all.

But you know what is rude, when some one asks you general things or anything and then intentionally the other person ignores you on purpose, that is very rude. Im not talking about you in this case, but just generally when people usually classify people that this guy asks questions so ignore him, that guy did that thing so he is amazing.

Things like these makes me want stop posting from here, many people have left in the past cause of similar reasons, now you will say that you are not forcing me to post here. Yeah you are not, but some people respecting each other would be appreciated, Im not pointing fingers at you, but well this forum is there cause of the fans and I assume all of us are. but maybe for someone its like one goes and another one comes so what.

I know this post will be deleted, but anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know where you're really coming from, but you have to appreciate that nobody here provides tech support for a living. The staff are all busy people with jobs, and most of the time they spend here is spent running the forum. Support isn't always top of the list.

A fairly trivial problem with an obscure device/browser isn't going to get you a quick answer - if someone hasn't replied, it may just be that nobody knows how to help you. I'll happily admit that I don't always have the answers.

If you can't appreciate why you came off as rude then I'm not sure I can explain it to you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

why is it that sometimes when i am posting i send it and it merges with the one i just sent before it? thanks

If no one has posted before you post that second one it may merge the two into one post.  This maybe be based on time and prevents spamming in some regard/.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GNR3312 said:

I've been trying to upload some pictures directly from my iPhone but keep getting an error message that says "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?

Hmm....I know nothing about iPhones so I don't know if I'll be much help. I do know there's a limit on how much you can upload directly to the site though. Have you uploaded pics previously? If so, you may have reached the limit. That's only a guess though.

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hmm....I know nothing about iPhones so I don't know if I'll be much help. I do know there's a limit on how much you can upload directly to the site though. Have you uploaded pics previously? If so, you may have reached the limit. That's only a guess though.

Yes, I uploaded a whole bunch of pix before.  That's prob it then. Thx. 

• Like 1

Apologies if my questions has already been asked, although I am curious if there is a mobile integration of this site in the works?  I love the layout of the site on my laptop, however when I use my phone all of the notifications and the site in general doesn't allow me to view the forum as fast and easily as the simple mobile version of the site that existed back before the redesign

18 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Apologies if my questions has already been asked, although I am curious if there is a mobile integration of this site in the works?  I love the layout of the site on my laptop, however when I use my phone all of the notifications and the site in general doesn't allow me to view the forum as fast and easily as the simple mobile version of the site that existed back before the redesign

Nope, the current version of the board software merged the mobile and desktop layouts together so there's no way to separate them now. Many of the features (i.e. sidebars, etc) are automatically disabled on mobile though.

You could try switching to the default skin when you're on mobile and see if that improves your performance at all?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I am browsing the forum, looking through topics or sections, it might say that, for example, HighVoltage made a new post "Just now" in a thread in which I am interested. So I click it to see what he said, and it turns out that the post occurred three days and five pages ago, and that no new activity has occurred. Likewise, when looking through a section, there may be a thread which is listed as 10 pages long, but when I click on it, it turns out to be 15 pages long. It seems the majority of threads are incorrect as I am viewing them. How do I fix this? 

• 2 weeks later...

I created a topic the other day asking when Richard Fortus is doing a Rick Dufay

Rick Dufay (guitar replacement in aerosmith, early 80s) saw the greater picture.

he (and his career) was (were) NOT more important than Aerosmith.

so, in the words of joe perry, rick dufay commited "career suicide" by suggesting to steven tyler that he should get together with joe perry and brad whitford -- which he did

i basically asked WHEN is richard fortus doing that

its a legitimate question.

but thread has been closed or deleted

www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/216005-so-when-is-richard-fortus-doing-a-rick-dufay/&do=findComment&comment=4230623

you guys did a fucking JARMO on me?

what a waste

thats the most UN-GNR you guys could have done

i thought you guys here knew better

i really hope you have a good explanation for jarmoing, ops, censoring a legitimate question

thanks