[Reunion Poll] In your opinion, will Axl confirm, deny or ignore reunion rumors on January, 5th?

Guns N' Roses Reunion. Will it be confirmed or denied?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is ridiculous. There's nothing else he could say. This is a stupid fucking poll. They wouldn't put him on Kimmel if he wasn't gonna confirm, especially not saying his day. People are thinking he's like Prince or something, but the truth is no one cares about Axl unless he's reuniting with Slash.

• Like 1

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time now, but I felt the need to join just so I could ask this question. I seriously don't buy into the rumours that the classic lineup are getting back together. What concrete evidence do we actually have that a reuinion is happening?

The only thing that has been confirmed is that Slash said he and Axl are on speaking terms again. This is the ONLY thing that has been said. Instead of taking it for what it is, everyone ran with it and assumed that it means a reuinion is happening.

The GN'R twitter account said "What ever happened to no news is good news?... Of course today everyone is a jouranlist... If only they could read lips... Surely they'll read between the lines". This obviously refers to the fact everyone is assuming something will happen.

Then Axl tweeted "The only thing I know "confirmed" is my LOVE of Taco Bell! Mmmmm.... Taco Bell!!", which seems to mock these assumptions.

People are seriously grasping at straws to find "evidence". The dumbest I've seen recently is when Duff tweeted "LAMF", and everyone thought it was a confirmation beacuse he had LAMF written on his amps for the UYI tour. Seriously? Why wouldn't it be a Johnny Thunders reference?

We have had "insiders" that have "confirmed" dates for a reunion, from Coachella to Jimmy Kimmel. Sounds familiar... anyone remember the many "insiders" who "confirmed" all the different album/new song release dates leading up to CD and then CDII? How is a reunion anymore believeable than a new album? I'm willing to bet the Star Wars teaser is for a new album. Axl himself has said he was planning to release both the remix album and CDII - CD proved that he doesn't need a complete band to do that.

After the last 20 years, I find it very hard to believe that as soon as they are back on speaking terms, Axl & Slash would immediately jump into planning a reunion, especially when both have their own bands to focus on. Working with the guy you've hated for the last 20 years is the kind of huge decision that you would need to ease into, surely?

And the fact that old logo merch is being sold on the GN'R site? It doesn't confirm a reunion. All it confirms that Axl & Slash are friendly again, and Slash has no problem with Axl using the logos.

This isn't a cupcake thread, I'm not looking to annoy anyone, I just wanted to put that out there and wanted to know if anyone else is doubting a reunion, as it seems everyone is seriously getting their hopes up and might be setting themselves up for an epic dissapointment. Hell, every single time I've worn a GN'R shirt in the last few months, without fail I've had complete strangers tell me how excited they are for the reunion. It's just getting silly now.

TL;DR - The only "real" evidence we have says that Axl & Slash are speaking again, but aren't necessarily planning a reunion. The Star Wars trailer and Jimmy Kimmel appearance are most likely for a new album, or god forbid, just another tour with a new #demented guitarist.

Who else thinks the same?

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time now, but I felt the need to join just so I could ask this question. I seriously don't buy into the rumours that the classic lineup are getting back together. What concrete evidence do we actually have that a reuinion is happening?

The only thing that has been confirmed is that Slash said he and Axl are on speaking terms again. This is the ONLY thing that has been said. Instead of taking it for what it is, everyone ran with it and assumed that it means a reuinion is happening.

The GN'R twitter account said "What ever happened to no news is good news?... Of course today everyone is a jouranlist... If only they could read lips... Surely they'll read between the lines". This obviously refers to the fact everyone is assuming something will happen.

Then Axl tweeted "The only thing I know "confirmed" is my LOVE of Taco Bell! Mmmmm.... Taco Bell!!", which seems to mock these assumptions.

People are seriously grasping at straws to find "evidence". The dumbest I've seen recently is when Duff tweeted "LAMF", and everyone thought it was a confirmation beacuse he had LAMF written on his amps for the UYI tour. Seriously? Why wouldn't it be a Johnny Thunders reference?

We have had "insiders" that have "confirmed" dates for a reunion, from Coachella to Jimmy Kimmel. Sounds familiar... anyone remember the many "insiders" who "confirmed" all the different album/new song release dates leading up to CD and then CDII? How is a reunion anymore believeable than a new album? I'm willing to bet the Star Wars teaser is for a new album. Axl himself has said he was planning to release both the remix album and CDII - CD proved that he doesn't need a complete band to do that.

After the last 20 years, I find it very hard to believe that as soon as they are back on speaking terms, Axl & Slash would immediately jump into planning a reunion, especially when both have their own bands to focus on. Working with the guy you've hated for the last 20 years is the kind of huge decision that you would need to ease into, surely?

And the fact that old logo merch is being sold on the GN'R site? It doesn't confirm a reunion. All it confirms that Axl & Slash are friendly again, and Slash has no problem with Axl using the logos.

This isn't a cupcake thread, I'm not looking to annoy anyone, I just wanted to put that out there and wanted to know if anyone else is doubting a reunion, as it seems everyone is seriously getting their hopes up and might be setting themselves up for an epic dissapointment. Hell, every single time I've worn a GN'R shirt in the last few months, without fail I've had complete strangers tell me how excited they are for the reunion. It's just getting silly now.

TL;DR - The only "real" evidence we have says that Axl & Slash are speaking again, but aren't necessarily planning a reunion. The Star Wars trailer and Jimmy Kimmel appearance are most likely for a new album, or god forbid, just another tour with a new #demented guitarist.

You are not the only skeptic but I think you are in the minority on the forum at this point. If Axl really does actually go on the Kimmel show Tuesday we may finally have our answer ................

The fact that nobody in GNR has shot any of the rumors down, at least to me confirms it. These are not run of the mill reunion rumors, these are gaining traction and huge worldwide news yet nobody has said anything that indicates it is not true

It is happening

The fact that nobody in GNR has shot any of the rumors down, at least to me confirms it. These are not run of the mill reunion rumors, these are gaining traction and huge worldwide news yet nobody has said anything that indicates it is not true

It is happening

No it's not.....trust me.

It is happening

You are in the minority with that. All signs are pointing to it indeed happening and come Tuesday we shall see

The original guys are well off now and I think they want to stay that way and the revenue from a reunion tour would provide financial security for life like the lyrics say "Once you made that money it costs more now
It might cost a lot more than you'd think" the handlers, industry lawyers, record company, promoters get first dips on that reunion cash and the original guys get there share. They have to be careful though, I mean look what happened to MJ, Conrad Murray wasn't on Jackson's payroll.

Edited by Edward Nigma

It is happening

Trust me, it is...

It is happening

You are in the minority with that. All signs are pointing to it indeed happening and come Tuesday we shall see

Thinking it's not at this point borders on delusion.

I've merged your topic with this one which has a very similar discussion going on.

• Like 1

Reunion rumors have never been this strong. The band webpage, Axl's tweets and comments, they're on speaking terms, etc. If there were no plans, Axl would be the first to put out the fire. He would have never allowed these rumors to circulate unchallenged in the past. That should speak volumes in itself.

Or the burning question: Will they be serving free Taco Bell to the audience???

I went to Taco Bell for the first time today (one just opened where I live in the UK). It was like eating at a shit Mexican restaurant. Is it the same in the US?

Edited by SoundOfAGun

I went to Taco Bell for the first time today (one just opened where I live in the UK). It was like eating at a shit Mexican restaurant. Is it the same in the US?

Oh absolutely. It's pretty much only edible if you're shitfaced.

• Like 1

Oh absolutely. It's pretty much only edible if you're shitfaced.

Maybe that is where I went wrong, I was completely sober. Not sure I would give it another go though, even when wasted.

Yes. It's very commercialized/Americanized Mexican food. The type of "so bad it's good" food when the taco craving strikes and McDonald's just won't cut the mustard.