How many hours do you work per week?

DirtyDeeds

USA

Most of the time 40 hours a week. Once a quarter a 55 hour week.

Yes on benefits but pay a hefty price for them and they still do not cover all medical / dental / vision bills.

University bills are expensive. Paying approx 20k a year tuition for my daughter's tuition. Doesn't include housing.

Edited by AdriftatSea

Canada

Hours worked: until I "retired" last week I was working 50-60 hours per week.

Benefits: still get benefits through work

Free uni: no but got some scholarship and some paid through work when I did my Masters.

40-50 hours a week depending on my wife's schedule as she travels several days a week and I have to take care of my daughters

I am an Engineering Manager so make excellent money including nice yearly bonus which is dependent on how the company does but has been paid every year I have worked there.

I have good benefits which I pay for but the cost is on par with many companies these days.

I get 4 weeks paid vacation and we get Christmas to New Years off as the company is closed this week.

We get tuition reimbursement up to a certain amount a year but I am not sure of the amount as I don't have time to take classes.

They also subsidize a Health club membership so it pays for the Gym I belong to.....

Great place to work and I am very happy working there..........

Edited by classicrawker

UK

Average 45-50 hours a week, if I'm getting finished on time. It really varies day by day

Benefits- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, and an extra day off in lieu of one bank holiday worked roughly every 18 months. Professional memberships and the standard stuff like statutory sick pay, maternity leave, pension scheme etc.

Free university- for undergraduates in Scotland, yes! For students from the rest of the UK, fees increased dramatically across the board just after I finished. Not sure what the current situation is for Scottish students since the changes

I am not working right now and live with a psychotic, controlling girlfriend. It sucks.

I did have a job a few weeks ago working overnight at a 7-Eleven. It paid $15.24 an hour with full benefits for 40 hrs a week. I am a dumbass though and quit for the holidays.

I am thinking of serving at a restaurant just for quick income and moving out as fast as I can.

You made 15 an hour with benefits, in Oklahoma, and you quit? Yep, you are a dumbass. I didn't realize 7-11 paid that well.

That was probably the overnight "you will be held at gunpoint several times per year" premium.

One thing I will say that's wonderful about British life is the NHS.

While we've still got it, it's grand.

My Mum received 5 years of cancer treatment, including three operations with hospital stays, chemotherapy, the works, and as far as I know, paid absolutely nothing (possibly £7.50 for medicine prescriptions, but that's virtually nothing).

Our hospices are great too. So basically the UK is a wonderful place to die.

• Like 1

37.5 hours per week

Flexible time so if i work over 7 hours 24 min a day it gets banked and i can take that time off anytime. So i normally work about 40 odd hours a week and take a day off during the month with the flexi hours I've stored up.

25 days holiday, plus bank holidays. I get a pass that let's me park for free at various car parks around the city, supposed to be just for work but I use it all the time.

Free tea and coffee, free pens, printing, notebooks, paper, various other stationary :lol:

Australia
38 hours per week. 8hrs Mon-Thus 6 Friday
$29 an hour
$110 a week super

4 weeks a year payed holidays with 20% loading

2 weeks a year payed sick days

and public holidays payed day off

clear $860 a week after tax $1060 gross

Edited by Gibbo 27

38 hours a week contracted with additional time where required. Did two 80 hour weeks back in November. :(

£25(ish) an hour basic but can change depending on bonuses and unsociable hours worked.

5 weeks paid holiday plus public holidays.

Sick leave when sick. No limit.

Private medical cover through work plus state NHS.

Uni paid for via government sponsored loans but thankfully my loan should be paid off in about 6 months.

38 hours a week contracted with additional time where required. Did two 80 hour weeks back in November. :(

£25(ish) an hour basic but can change depending on bonuses and unsociable hours worked.

Uni paid for via government sponsored loans but thankfully my loan should be paid off in about 6 months.

I thought you lived in Texas or something now? Didn't you move to America to get married and have a kid?

I thought you lived in Texas or something now? Didn't you move to America to get married and have a kid?

My wife's from Texas and we recently had a baby but she moved to the UK after we married because it was just easier that way. We are planning to settle in the US eventually though.