21 stadium shows in US...Can they sell it

Whilst we are discussing this in other thread here are my thoughts

A stadium could be lofty for sales but an arena is too small IMO so what can they do otherwise? To half fill a stadium would be more than an arena can hold generally.

No. Again 25 stadium shows is approximately 1.5 million tickets. They'd need two other very strong bands to reach that amount. As much as we love them,you have to think with your head and be realistic. Anyway,I don't care. I'm there to see a kick ass GNR show. If they can do between 30-50,000 per night that's awesome and then in a year or two they can wrap it up with a proper farewell tour featuring the AFD 5.

• Like 1

No. Again 25 stadium shows is approximately 1.5 million tickets. They'd need two other very strong bands to reach that amount. As much as we love them,you have to think with your head and be realistic. Anyway,I don't care. I'm there to see a kick ass GNR show. If they can do between 30-50,000 per night that's awesome and then in a year or two they can wrap it up with a proper farewell tour featuring the AFD 5.

farewell tour? hopefully not yet.

No way. 8 stadiums yes (DC did a curtailed tour like that recently). 21 arenas, possibly. But not 21 stadiums. Heck, the Kiss reunion was failing to sell out arenas in certain markets and this was with Ace and Peter for the first time in nearly twenty years; full make-up; full Love Gun show with blood spitting and rockets; heavily marketed.

farewell tour? hopefully not yet.

Farewell tours sell better (usually ) I didn't say right away. I just can't see this going on more than a few years. They'll make as much coin as they can,tour the world a few times and hang it up. Axl knew he'd never see Stadiums (in the US)again without Slash. Why not go out on top with the guy you will always be associated with,no matter how much you tried to prove he didn't matter?

Edited by Subtle Signs

No way. 8 stadiums yes (DC did a curtailed tour like that recently). 21 arenas, possibly. But not 21 stadiums. Heck, the Kiss reunion was failing to sell out arenas in certain markets and this was with Ace and Peter for the first time in nearly twenty years; full make-up; full Love Gun show with blood spitting and rockets; heavily marketed.

KISS wasn't as popular as GN'R. Took KISS 5 times as many releases to reach the album sales GN'R achieved.

But Axl and Slash didn't play together for almost 20 years, and a lot of kids never saw them perform together. I think they can do it.

KISS wasn't as popular as GN'R. Took KISS 5 times as many releases to reach the album sales GN'R achieved.

I think Kiss was bigger overall. It's not just the time it took them to reach, it's how much money they've generated from not just albums, but also live shows, toys, and merchandise.

But Axl and Slash didn't play together for almost 20 years, and a lot of kids never saw them perform together. I think they can do it.

I think Kiss was bigger overall. It's not just the time it took them to reach, it's how much money they've generated from not just albums, but also live shows, toys, and merchandise.

GN'R had the more casual fanbase but that also means bigger potential. Compare Appetite to any album KISS put out and the sales speak for themselves.