Would you be pissed if Axl announced on Kimmel that he plans to retire after the reunion tour?

How would you feel if he said this? If he went on Kimmel and announced kinda like MJ did with his This Is It shows, that this reunion tour was intended as one last major blow out before a retirement from the industry altogether.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't feel too excited yet about a reunion. I personally feel as if it'd be a crime to see one of the best rock bands of our time retire so early on, but if Axl is running dry on inspiration and has no intention or desire to create new music, then perhaps he may view this reunion as his parting gift to the fans before sailing off to live a life of relative obscurity.

So what would be your feelings if this happened? Would you just be pleased to see the original band together one last time? Or would it take the shine off the reunion knowing this is the last time you'll see Axl sing these songs?

Edited by Towelie

even if he announced it, i wouldn't believe him.

he won't retire.

What makes you so sure?

I know a lot of artists use the whole retirement thing as a marketing gimmick to sell more tickets, but a GNR reunion doesn't really need any such ploy to sell out venues and Axl's hardly seemed particularly invested in GNR for at least 5 years now.

he won't retire.

What makes you so sure?

I know a lot of artists use the whole retirement thing as a marketing gimmick to sell more tickets, but a GNR reunion doesn't really need any such ploy to sell out venues and Axl's hardly seemed particularly invested in GNR for at least 5 years now.

he's way too young to retire. he would get bored and would come back.

How do you know he will get bored? It's hard to believe that someone with that much dough will get bored with living the good life. He obviously doesn't feel the need to release a lot of music, that's been proven already, so maybe he will release the Chinese Democracy part two and then retire and only make music for himself and spend the rest of his life living his wealthy Malibu lifestyle.

Edited by EvanG

How do you know he will get bored?
rock stars enjoy drawing attention to themselves with their charisma and their music. it must be so exhilarating to have thousands of fans packing arenas to listen to your music... when you retire, you give up these emotions.

retiring is like dying a little bit imo.

No, it would save him from embarrassment.

But thats not a worry that has to be thought about, because anyone thinking he's announcing anything other than a reunion is lost in a mine shaft. EVERY news publication didn't get it wrong. Back when it was DishNation, that was possible. Every single media outlet has reported on this, cause its true, and Axl on Kimmel is the clincher.

I'd be glad if he retires from live performances. Prime Axl was one of the greatest frontmen ever. Bunch of embarrassing videos on YouTube from the last 10-15 years.

But I hope he's not done in the studio. Would be nice if they managed to get Izzy, Axl, Duff, Steven, and Slash together in the studio for a final album featuring the REAL members. Release it in 2017 for Appetite's 30th anniversary.

rock stars enjoy drawing attention to themselves with their charisma and their music.

again, how do you know? Are you a retired rockstar? If so, can I get an autograph?

But seriously, that's quite the generalization you make there. Axl has been withdrawn for a lot of years in the 90's, at one point he became the most reclusive musician around, so apparently he doesn't need as much attention as you seem to think. I think people like you have a very warped view on rockstardom.

Edited by EvanG

Retire from fucking what? Its not like hes pumping out records and tours like crazy.[/quote

Lol I thought a Vegas residency was retirement!

It would be a complete slap in the face to let reunion/rebranding or what ever, rumours to take such a hold, then Axl walks on to a chat show and announces retirement.

It makes no sense to spend money to build hype and then Axl basically comes on and flicks the finger.

It would be nuts to say this is the last tour befor retiring, who knows this might ignite the passion. I'm sure Axl does not want to be the guy who says 'This is it' and is still performing 10 years later.

P.S how the hell do I do the quote thing properly?

rock stars enjoy drawing attention to themselves with their charisma and their music.
again, how do you know? Are you a retired rockstar? If so, can I get an autograph?

But seriously, that's quite the generalization you make there. Axl has been withdrawn for a lot of years in the 90's, at one point he became the most reclusive musician around, so apparently he doesn't need as much attention as you seem to think. I think people like you have a very warped view on rockstardom.

i just gave my opinion, it's written "imo" at the end of my post.

i don't see axl retiring at 54, that's all.

Retire from fucking what? Its not like hes pumping out records and tours like crazy.

Lol I thought a Vegas residency was retirement!

It would be a complete slap in the face to let reunion/rebranding or what ever, rumours to take such a hold, then Axl walks on to a chat show and announces retirement.

It makes no sense to spend money to build hype and then Axl basically comes on and flicks the finger.

It would be nuts to say this is the last tour befor retiring, who knows this might ignite the passion. I'm sure Axl does not want to be the guy who says 'This is it' and is still performing 10 years later.

P.S how the hell do I do the quote thing properly?

make sure you don't erase the quote tag....as you see on yours you have [/quote

its missing the ]

he won't retire.

What makes you so sure?

I can't remember where but he said only a few years ago that '...we hope to make music for many years to come...' so who the fuck knows.

I'm completely bummed out by the whole fucking thing. I'd rather have the remixed This I Love with new vocals than see him play reunion shows with the same fucking bunch of old, played-to-death fucking songs.

If he gets the second record out as some kind of compromise then great but he'd better not have anyone playing over Bucket and Robin's stuff.

Artists never retire. Those screaming that idea throughout the reunion rumor process were only doing so to be wet blankets.

It's not a 9-5 grind. When what they're producing comes from the inside, they aren't just going to turn it off. And when they get to tour the world and have fun for a few hours a night, coupled with women and new stories, retiring is death. Anything else is just a break.