2016 Nightrain Membership Questions/Info

Is there a bit of presumptuousness here that tickets will be difficult to obtain via normal channels? I'm sure if an European or North American tour was announced, you merely could go on ticketmaster and obtain a decent ticket on the first day or so. Why the urgency?

Is there a bit of presumptuousness here that tickets will be difficult to obtain via normal channels? I'm sure if an European or North American tour was announced, you merely could go on ticketmaster and obtain a decent ticket on the first day or so. Why the urgency?

Because Slash and Duff are back in GNR and most people are excited about it. If a tour were announced tomorrow, I'm sure it would sell put extremely quickly.

So.... What happens to current members? I've (embarrassingly) kept up a digital membership for 4 years. I hope I don't have to pay another $25 just to maintain now after I spent $10 to renew it in September.

Why is that embarrassing? Because some people who have racked up thousands of posts on a GNR fan site say so? Those same people are probably now hurrying to get a membership. To answer your question ,you should be good until September 2017 and then you can decide if you want to renew digitally for $25 or go deluxe for $50.

Paid $50 for the membership plus $25 for shipping to New Jersey. Crazy expensive.

$25? Did you select the cheapest shipping? I selected the $7 option which I believe was the cheapest. They tacked on another $4 for processing bringing my total to $61.

Edited by Subtle Signs

So the site is being updated and they have opened the memberships for 2016.

Digital Access only is for $25

Deluxe Package is for $50

In the users list you can see Duff, Slash and Axl and Mods/TB. No other GNR members as of now.

Any idea who is Sabry Mendoza? like she works for the band or she is just a big GNR fan, I did have her on FB before and she used to post a lot of GNR stuff.

http://www.gunsnroses.com/store

So.... What happens to current members? I've (embarrassingly) kept up a digital membership for 4 years. I hope I don't have to pay another $25 just to maintain now after I spent $10 to renew it in September.

Why is that embarrassing? Because some people who have racked up thousands of posts on a GNR fan site say so? Those same people are probably now hurrying to get a membership. To answer your question ,you should be good until September 2017 and then you can decide if you want to renew digitally for $25 or go deluxe for $50.

No, I didn't mean to imply that I care what anyone else thinks about how I spend my money lol. I just meant it's embarrassing to me because I was essentiallly getting nothing for the $10 I was spending each yeah. The forum there is incredibly dead (hopfully that changes), there was little to no "exclusive content" ever offered and tickets for the last couple tours were never close to in-demand enough for the pre-sale perk to matter.

I'm hoping you're right on the second part. I'll spend the $25 if I have to, I would just rather not since I've got a long way to go on my current subscription.

If you buy one of the new memberships, it adds a year to your existing membership.

I'm wondering what happens to my current membership, the one I paid $10 for a couple months back. I don't want to have to spend $25 to re-up for another year on a membership that's not even close to a year old yet. I'll probably just hit the site up, read through what they have there, then ask in their Support Section if it's not entirely clear or someone else hasn't asked yet.

Essentially if your current membership ends on September 1st 2016 and you purchase a 2016 membership, it adds a year. So your membership will then end September 1st 2017.

Also, the mods posted this as well - re: Russ, Subtle Signs

"To the founding members and those who have continuously supported GNR on Nightrain through the years, you are being weeded out. In due time, as Nightrain continues to evolve, you will find yourself being recognized for your dedication. Thank you for sticking with us!"

• Like 1

Essentially if your current membership ends on September 1st 2016 and you purchase a 2016 membership, it adds a year. So your membership will then end September 1st 2017.

Also, the mods posted this as well - re: Russ, Subtle Signs

"To the founding members and those who have continuously supported GNR on Nightrain through the years, you are being weeded out. In due time, as Nightrain continues to evolve, you will find yourself being recognized for your dedication. Thank you for sticking with us!"

That's pretty cool. I went deluxe again and it came to about $61. I chose the cheaper shipping method and then they added on about another $4 in processing fees. So I break it down as $30 for the shirt, $5 for the pin, $5 for the lanyard and $25 for the digital membership. Even with the shipping I feel I'm getting my money's worth.

I've only been in a couple other Fan Clubs but they had ticket sales/perks for those who'd been in the longest which is fair,IMO. Not everyone can afford the $50+ package but the $10 membership that's been offered for years is pretty reasonable and if those people are also given first crack at tickets,that's great. Funny,you don't hear as many people bashing the club now.

Interesting.

What does everyone think about the $25 digital membership? Seem worth it? Do you think its going away or that its better to buy now?

Just trying to gauge how worthwhile it might be. Will it really get me better tickets or do we think these will all sell out quickly that even those with a membership might not get it? Or on the contrary, do we think if its stadiums there might be tons of tickets so the membership is kind of useless?

Not against buying, but with little news right now, and tickets already expected to be at a premium, I'm trying to save money wherever I can, and $25 is different than the pesky $10 one a month ago.

EDIT: I will read the rest of this thread back if I'm asking stuff thats already been answered.

Interesting.

What does everyone think about the $25 digital membership? Seem worth it? Do you think its going away or that its better to buy now?

Just trying to gauge how worthwhile it might be. Will it really get me better tickets or do we think these will all sell out quickly that even those with a membership might not get it? Or on the contrary, do we think if its stadiums there might be tons of tickets so the membership is kind of useless?

Not against buying, but with little news right now, and tickets already expected to be at a premium, I'm trying to save money wherever I can, and $25 is different than the pesky $10 one a month ago.

EDIT: I will read the rest of this thread back if I'm asking stuff thats already been answered.

If it goes by how long you've been a member,you'd be behind people like Russ and myself who have been in for four years. Coachella sold out quickly yet through the fan club,I bought my tickets a day after they were unavailable to the general public. I wanted an official GNR club for years so once they had one ,I pretty much always went deluxe with the fan club options. Anyway,if you just want tickets and don't care about the shirt,pin etc.,you should be OK with a digital membership. There is no way of knowing what the demand will be for tickets but you can look at it as paying $25 for the chance at better seats which is a lot less than you'd be paying from a scalper.

Because Slash and Duff are back in GNR and most people are excited about it. If a tour were announced tomorrow, I'm sure it would sell put extremely quickly.

In a week or so perhaps but there is still ample time to buy tickets via the normal channels.

In a week or so perhaps but there is still ample time to buy tickets via the normal channels.

I really think you'll end up being very wrong on that, but who knows really. For a lot of us, it's a "better safe than sorry" type of situation.

I really think you'll end up being very wrong on that, but who knows really. For a lot of us, it's a "better safe than sorry" type of situation.

Kiss Reunion of 1996, some markets, were not all sold out! The Stones did not sell out some of their recent touring - and nobody is bigger than The Stones, not even reunited gnr.

Interesting.

If it goes by how long you've been a member,you'd be behind people like Russ and myself who have been in for four years. Coachella sold out quickly yet through the fan club,I bought my tickets a day after they were unavailable to the general public. I wanted an official GNR club for years so once they had one ,I pretty much always went deluxe with the fan club options. Anyway,if you just want tickets and don't care about the shirt,pin etc.,you should be OK with a digital membership. There is no way of knowing what the demand will be for tickets but you can look at it as paying $25 for the chance at better seats which is a lot less than you'd be paying from a scalper.

Thanks. That does make sense. I've never joined a fan club before (thought about it many times for Pearl Jam but haven't, and would for Springsteen but he doesn't have one) so I'm just curious of the worth to people.

I understand the "better safe than sorry option". Maybe I'll try and get a friend in on it with me (since we're the only two I can think that will go to many shows) and that way its essentially the $10 membership that we share, since we probably both don't need one.

Kiss Reunion of 1996, some markets, were not all sold out! The Stones did not sell out some of their recent touring - and nobody is bigger than The Stones, not even reunited gnr.

The Stones haven't NOT toured though. I'm skeptical of it as well, especially if its stadiums, but I do think it'll sell pretty well. I have a friend that works for Livenation, so I can't gauge if this'll be a thing where there are so many tickets lying around he could get me some of the runoff as the date approaches, or this intial run will sell out very quickly on curiousity alone.

There are a lot of other factors at play other than "this band or that band didn't sell out". The short version is this; many of us feel that it will, so we're interested in ensuring we don't miss out on tickets.

It depends on what kind of tickets you want. If you want general admission, chances are those won't be available after a week.

Why is is such a big deal if people want early access to presale and you don't? Fine, buy your tickets through ticketmaster. Geez.

Interesting.

Thanks. That does make sense. I've never joined a fan club before (thought about it many times for Pearl Jam but haven't, and would for Springsteen but he doesn't have one) so I'm just curious of the worth to people.

I understand the "better safe than sorry option". Maybe I'll try and get a friend in on it with me (since we're the only two I can think that will go to many shows) and that way its essentially the $10 membership that we share, since we probably both don't need one.

The Stones haven't NOT toured though. I'm skeptical of it as well, especially if its stadiums, but I do think it'll sell pretty well. I have a friend that works for Livenation, so I can't gauge if this'll be a thing where there are so many tickets lying around he could get me some of the runoff as the date approaches, or this intial run will sell out very quickly on curiousity alone.

If this is a stadium tour and it plays out in British stadiums, say three-five dates, there is no way you are going to struggle to get tickets here. I just do not see a GN'R reunion as being that 'hot' in Britain - not like an Oasis reunion. It might sell out eventually but I do not think you are going to have to be nervously refreshing ticketmaster, the minute of release, in order to obtain a ticket. NB that in Britain you have a free standing general admission ticket, so it means nothing how early you bought that particular ticket in regards to the quality of your ticket if you intend on standing.

Interesting.

If this is a stadium tour and it plays out in British stadiums, say three-five dates, there is no way you are going to struggle to get tickets here. I just do not see a GN'R reunion as being that 'hot' in Britain - not like an Oasis reunion. It might sell out eventually but I do not think you are going to have to be nervously refreshing ticketmaster, the minute of release, in order to obtain a ticket. NB that in Britain you have a free standing general admission ticket, so it means nothing how early you bought that particular ticket in regards to the quality of your ticket if you intend on standing.

Right, I get that. You don't think it'll sell out quickly. Many of the rest of us do.

As BS asked; what's the point?

Interesting.

Right, I get that. You don't think it'll sell out quickly. Many of the rest of us do.

As BS asked; what's the point?

You think a Guns reunion would sell out within minutes, soon enough to make you fear and want to get presales, a three-five date British stadium tour? Sorry, I just do not see it. I do not even see it for an arena tour to be honest - yes, an arena tour will sell out but it will take a week or so.