GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Yes. Let's label over 100 other bands junk. Just like that. "BUT THEY'RE NOT GNR!1!!" As far as I'm concerned, GNR still has to prove themselves here as a functioning unit. A lot of those other artists are already well on their way.

Thank you. "There are no good rock bands anymore!" Yeah, if you're an old classic rock snob who never attempts to seek out good, current rock. Not the shit like 5 finger death punch and avenged sevenfold, but there are good, often lesser known bands. Rock doesn't rule anymore. People think Foo Fighters are the best band in the world for rock, that's bullshit too.

the only good current rock is being made in bedrooms, garages and basements. Record companies don't give a shit about testosterone driven, dirty, outcast rock n' roll anymore. The current good bands will never be signed or play at a festival like coachella.

Yes. Let's label over 100 other bands junk. Just like that. "BUT THEY'RE NOT GNR!1!!" As far as I'm concerned, GNR still has to prove themselves here as a functioning unit. A lot of those other artists are already well on their way.

Thank you. "There are no good rock bands anymore!" Yeah, if you're an old classic rock snob who never attempts to seek out good, current rock. Not the shit like 5 finger death punch and avenged sevenfold, but there are good, often lesser known bands. Rock doesn't rule anymore. People think Foo Fighters are the best band in the world for rock, that's bullshit too.

I understand what you're saying but I have been trying for years to find a rock band anywhere near as good as the original GN'R and it doesn't exist. The Appetite 5 had a lot of talent and it was a magical mix between them. Maybe it was the fact they were on the streets and it added an extra level of inspiration in their songwriting and performance. Who knows.

There are some cheaper tickets, sorry, I'm spoiled and I would want to be up front. It also looks like the GA tickets will sell out quickly.

GA tickets - $399 -- weekend one sold out already

VIP pass - $899

Plus there are more fees for parking, shuttles and camping.

What do you get for $899? And for $399,that's just a ticket not including camping?

Yep that's just to get in.

If you want to be upfront for Coachella, have fun sitting at the front for 12 hours and listening to the bands until they go on that night.

I will, just like I've waited 12 hours for them to come out before any other show I've been at :)

:headbang:

Me too...don't mind at all if there are good bands or even new bands that I don't know as long as they're rock bands...hipster...I think someone will have to shoot me

Edited by dambanker

There are some cheaper tickets, sorry, I'm spoiled and I would want to be up front. It also looks like the GA tickets will sell out quickly.

GA tickets - $399 -- weekend one sold out already

VIP pass - $899

Plus there are more fees for parking, shuttles and camping.

What do you get for $899? And for $399,that's just a ticket not including camping?

Yep that's just to get in.

I'm probably out. For $900,I could see three GNR headline stadium shows in the front with a seat and not have to be worried about some moron elbowing me for hours.

Frank :lol:

Pitman :lol:

Kushner :lol: Yeah get some random dude who's never even been in any version of Guns N Roses to join the "reunion"

:facepalm:

Funny if they use kushner but not sorum lol.. Figure that one.

Sorry but if that's the case axl slash and duff will have some explaining to do..

Posted: 5 January, 2016 by Music
Guns N' Roses Have Reunited, Confirmed For Coachella 2016 They've finally returned!

Tags: Guns N Roses, Slash, Axl Rose

113725529.jpg

After months, maybe even years of speculation we can finally confirm without a doubt that Guns N' Roses have reformed and will be playing shows in 2016.

The announcement came from a solid rumour that Gunners would be one of the headliners for Coachella in 2016 and it has now be confirmed that's where they will make their big return - with Axl and Slash playing together for the first time since July 17, 1993 at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires.

There was a lot of 'on again' 'off again' rumours of the band's original lineup reforming with Axl and Slash revealing they were friends again only a few months ago.

The big announcement of the band was looking likely to come out tonight with Axl scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel, however, with news of his appearance disappearing from the site it was looking less likely.

Now with the Coachella announcement we can finally confirm what everyone has been hoping and wishing for.

Currently there's no word of the exact lineup for these shows, but if all the rumours are true, the band will be the original lineup including Slash and bassist Duff McKagan confirmed to be involved.

It is unknown at the moment if guitarist Izzy Stradlin or drummer Steven Adler are on board.

Tweets between fans and guitarist Dave Kushner from Velvet Revolver seem to reveal that the lineup will consist of:

Axl Rose (Vocals, Piano), Slash (Guitar), Duff McKagan (Bass), Dave Kushner (Guitar), Richard Fortus (Guitar) Frank Ferrer (Drums), Dizzy Reed (Keyboards) Chris Pitman (Multi's).

Take with a grain of salt.

Frank Ferrer has seemingly confirmed his involvement in the 2016 incarnation of Guns N’ Roses, responding to a Facebook post congratulating him on his involvement with the band’s new lineup, which will also include Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan. Ferrer asked for a going away party, with another friend mentioning his ‘top secret mission.’

Matt Sorum is drumming with the house band on Late Night With Seth Meyers all week, and as of this writing (very early Tuesday morning) Steven Adler has not commented on the Guns N’ Roses reunion.

http://www.alternativenation.net/drummer-confirms-involvement-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Edited by Gibbo 27

So hoping they confirm other summer dates before tix go on sale for Coachella. I'm 90 mins away and it's going to be tough to not buy them if there's no confirmation for more shows. Coachella is a true pain in the ass, and very expensive.

Coachella isn't that much more expensive than their stadium shows will be. The number getting thrown around is $250-300. Only $100 less than Coachella.

So hoping they confirm other summer dates before tix go on sale for Coachella. I'm 90 mins away and it's going to be tough to not buy them if there's no confirmation for more shows. Coachella is a true pain in the ass, and very expensive.

Coachella isn't that much more expensive than their stadium shows will be. The number getting thrown around is $250-300. Only $100 less than Coachella.

you get 3 days of music plus ice cube is there- he puts on a good show.

Nosebleeds will probably be in the neighborhood of $100, though. And that's what I'll be stuck with. #billssuck #iwishiwasateenageragainandnearly100%ofmyincomewasdiscretionary

Their Classic GNR that they're using on the website is the most iconic. It makes sense to use that one.

That said, I would love a flat design version of the classic logo done by a talented designer.

Not everything has to look like a wordpress template lol