GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Eh, I thought this would be bigger news. It isn't even trending on Twitter. :shrugs:

I think it's because a lot of it had already been reported on. People already knew about the reunion before it was even confirmed, and that took a lot of the anticipation and excitement away.

I think news will pick up again when more details are announced though (like the lineup, tour dates etc).

Eh, I thought this would be bigger news. It isn't even trending on Twitter. :shrugs:

I think it's because a lot of it had already been reported on. People already knew about the reunion before it was even confirmed, and that took a lot of the anticipation and excitement away.

I think news will pick up again when more details are announced though (like the lineup, tour dates etc).

It's trending in Brazil. :awesomeface:

Forgot password so long since posted! This is unbelievable. I still thinks it's 50/50 that Axl will actually keep to this and walk out on stage in April based on the face that he couldn't even keep the one appointment that he's had in 18 months with Kimmel!

Same. I was also expecting more of a fanfare - I find the lack of a press conference pretty odd. I mean all the big reunion announcements of the last few years (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Stone Roses etc.) were accompanied by one. I mean we don't even know what the full lineup is! TB really are still running the show! :lol:

Regarding the lack of this being a big deal/huge news on social media I imagine the fact that officially nothing new has really been announced that people didn't already know - Guns N' Roses are headlining Coachella and it's pretty much a dead cert that Slash and Duff are back. The main thing people have been wondering is who will play drums and rhythm guitar. Plus, not everyone will want to go to a festival. I imagine once there's a press conference with the full band line up and they announce their own tour things will go into meltdown.

I wonder if this means that Guns are playing Reading in the UK? It was a rumour for quite a while. I'm not a huge fan of the festival but I'll get a day ticket to go to see them like I did in 2010.

Edited by BassistSeb

I'm in the Matt should be the drummer bandwagon. Just listen at the difference in drumming styles between the two. Matt makes the band sound huge. Frank seems like his uses triggers for drum samples for his sound, which sound kind of thin.

Went to go check what was trending on twitter and a killer pic of Axl with a mic stand showed up top.. So fucking physced! I can't keep up with all the news! Axl knows how big this is and he'll bring his A game! Slash and Duff will be incredible! Hopefully Iz and Steve too! Yesss!!

I can see there being some sort of conference/press release very soon, and an explanation for Kimmel no-show, I'm sure there's an acceptable reason. Coachella is trending on Twitter, with a pic of Axl!

I'm starting to think this I simply not a reunion. There were vacancies in the band and slash and duff filled them. Hence, no need to involve Steven, Izzy, Matt or Gilby. They are not aiming at becoming a nostalgia act so a guy like Kushner could have been a great option several reasons as a rhythm guitar player. I think it's a big leap to think Axl would kick out a current drummer to make room for someone he can hardly stand just so that it would be like in the old days. Axl doesn't like the old days. I think the only justification for him to do this would be looking at it as GNR 5.0 or whatever. And if you want to make big money at the same time Slash and Duff are great options

• Like 1

GN'R MODERATOR wrote:

NIGHTRAIN - Stay glued to this forum tomorrow You will hate yourself if you don't.

That's all I needed to know. Let's see if we get more information today at some point.

I no longer see those posts on the Nightrain Forum. I think they were in the "Fernando Says.." thread. Or am I missing something?

LOL!

Its been hell trying to even get on this forum the last couple hours and off and on through last night, its been crashed because its so busy!. Plus HereTodayGoneToHell Website is down for the count, its crashed.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB

I'm starting to think this I simply not a reunion. There were vacancies in the band and slash and duff filled them.

During most of the UYI tour, there were three original members (Slash, Duff, Axl). At Coachella, there will be three (maybe more) original members (Slash, Duff, Axl). If that's not a reunion, I don't know what it is.

Plus, the official GNR site is promoting the upcoming shows with footage from GNR's last show in 1993. All the promotion will certainly be based on nostalgia (hence the old logo). It's a reunion.

Edited by Roky
  • Like 1