GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I think for most of the public/world, the "announcement" of this happened when Billboard reported the reunion and Coachella last week. They weren't obsessing over getting official confirmation like we were/are. That's why I think there wasn't much of a ground swell over this.

Edited by davhern

What is 'technically gifted' anyway? And what use is it when none of them have wrote a good song of note? Somebody feeling a little butthurt? Listen mate, Slash has more soul/feeling/ability on the guitar than you, Fuckithead or Bumblefuck will ever have, so if you don't mind, keep your butthurt feelings to yourself

And what is a good song ? You may say that ingmar bergman, jim jarmusch and many other directors have never made a good film since they're films are relatively unknown while fucks like spielberg, bay, lucas and now JJ Abrams break box office records but they're films are shit compared to some of the unknown directors.

Popularity and "catchyness" means jack shit. And what is soul ? Playing a basic song you hate just to cash in ?

Great news.

That said, I'm annoyed no one else remembered the guy on this who claimed he was hiding under a desk at Universal illegally recording 'IRS'. Surely someone remembers that?

Fuck sake.

Lol, i do. Didnt someone walk past and hear music out of a window at some stage too! Comedy band! Gotta love the 'mystery'

• Like 1

I'm not 100% this is going to get the lebel of buzz certain people think. It will. For two reasons:

1. I'm sure it will continue to grow if they do some press, but I think they've missed an opportunity already to set this reunion news alight by confirming the Coachella appearance in sucha dilluted way. Changing the social media profile photos, 1 tweet from Axl, Duff and Slash simply posting the same festival artwork on their social pages, no press conference, no press release, no interviews, no statement, no lineup confirmation. Something like this really should have had a huge PR campaign behind it, articles ready and waiting to be published, live conferences, prerecorded video content etc etc. That is how you take over the media and get things truely trending on a global scale. Multi channel strategy. Instead they've let this announcement squeek out like a mouse fart without truely even owning it.

2. I don't think the there are quite the same volume of casual GnR fans anymore. Back in 2000, it could have been huge, heck, 2006 even. Away from our brilliant mygnr bubble, there are a surprising amount of people who never even knew they broke up, thought they disbanded due to death, interested fell through with the farce of the ever changing line up etc etc. I just don't think they have the attention power they once did, all band members have been touring in one capacity or another for so long, it's thinned out the interest someone.

Of course I want this to be a news dominating thing, trending globally and set fire like a band of this quality should, but I do feel the above are two reasons why it might not generate the buzz we thought or hope!

• Like 1

Just came back to this forum for the first time in many years after hearing about the reunion. All I can say is that I'm super excited, I've been waiting far too long for this. I can remember the days of this forum discussing whether or not Chinese Democracy would ever be released... oh how far we've come :)

Edited by Slash Guitarist
  • Like 1

Great news.

That said, I'm annoyed no one else remembered the guy on this who claimed he was hiding under a desk at Universal illegally recording 'IRS'. Surely someone remembers that?

Fuck sake.

the 1st of April 2004 where IRS leaked + the following leak years were definately more exciting than this reunion. I always wanted a reunion but its simply 10-12 years to late IMO.

I think the lack of buzz is for a few reasons. The rumours built up slowly over the last few months. To many casual fans, that confirmed the reunion in their minds.

For the hardcore fans, the cancellation of Kimmel, lack of confirmation on the line up or other details, Axl's taco bell tweet and rumours of a fight with Matt Sorum seem to have tainted it all a bit.

Axl still hasn't publically acknowledged Slash.

I think until people see them smiling together and doing some media, they won't get their hopes up.

I'm a huge Guns fan and havent posted anything about the reunion on social media or discussed it with friends.

I'm excited, but nervous at the same time.

When I see them on friendly terms with my own eyes i will more excited. Assuming that happens that is

• Like 1

Great news.

Fuck sake.

the 1st of April 2004 where IRS leaked + the following leak years were definately more exciting than this reunion. I always wanted a reunion but its simply 10-12 years to late IMO.

The leak years is when this forum was at its peak. I remember those days well

Who cares about a national/media "buzz".....i could care less if it's all over the media or only talked about on here. Buzz or not Axl n Slash are back to show the rest of the rock n roll world how to kick ass! I could give a rats ass if it's all over the media or buried deep.

Great news.

Fuck sake.

Definitely good times all around, except maybe for the mods at that time haha

Great news.

Fuck sake.

I remember the video someone recorded outside of Universal (I think) of 'IRS' being played in one of their office's and uploading it to youtube. I was at school at the time in a math's lesson and I remember freaking out to my friend who I sat with and him looking at me bewildered.

Great news.

Fuck sake.

Definitely good times all around, except maybe for the mods at that time haha
the big gnr forums were so anti-oldgnrfans back then...
  • Like 1