GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

If i was a betting man, which i am! I would say 100% chance that future dates are planned, 70% chance they will happen! The 30% of doubt allows for Axl. :-)

It is highly unlikely that this was put together just for one festival. If so, why not market it like that from the beginning?

Are we all in agreement here that this is not just a one off? If it was a one off, they'd surely go with the original guys to make even more money? The whole point of the hybrid lineup is for a stable lineup for a tour I believe. Any other ideas?

No way it is one off

If Axl is unprepared like he was for MTV 2002 and Rio 2011, it could implode very fast. If he shows up ready to kick some ass like he did with Duff in 2010, then I think it will be received well enough by people that everyone will feel good about doing a tour.

there may be more festival dates, but I doubt there will be a tour.

I don't think Todd Kerns would have released that statement about the future of SMKC if Slash was just supposed to be off for a few festivals.

I'm hoping for something similar to RIR 2001. A show riddled with imperfections but with a ridiculous atmosphere.

40 minutes late, crowd goes insane with the first notes of Jungle. Axl is in reasonable form, but regardless of that is busting his ass on stage, talkative and belting the songs out. Everybody cries when November Rain is performed, Slash sits on Axl's piano. Holy shit the goosebumps.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for something similar to RIR 2001. A show riddled with imperfections but with a ridiculous atmosphere.

40 minutes late, crowd goes insane with the first notes of Jungle. Axl is in reasonable form, but regardless of that is busting his ass on stage, talkative and belting the songs out. Everybody cries when November Rain is performed, Slash sits on Axl's piano. Holy shit the goosebumps.

I'm watching a video of Jungle right now and yeah, thats pretty much what I assume too. There will be nothing like that moment when the guitar starts and Axl belts out that legendary question. Doesn't matter if the rest of the song is good or not, but he always nails the scream at the beginning and thats kind of enough. I agree the only thing really on par with it is RIR, in terms of sheer expectation.

This will be a third coming. Like you, I get goosebumps thinking of November Rain with Axl and Slash. That will be a great moment.

• Like 1

If i was a betting man, which i am! I would say 100% chance that future dates are planned, 70% chance they will happen! The 30% of doubt allows for Axl. :-)

It is highly unlikely that this was put together just for one festival. If so, why not market it like that from the beginning?

Actually, if you carefully read the press release, it actually may be possible this whole thing was planned only for Coachella. Of course, I hope we'll get more than two shows..but just saying. Mkay? :D

I'm watching a video of Jungle right now and yeah, thats pretty much what I assume too. There will be nothing like that moment when the guitar starts and Axl belts out that legendary question. Doesn't matter if the rest of the song is good or not, but he always nails the scream at the beginning and thats kind of enough. I agree the only thing really on par with it is RIR, in terms of sheer expectation.

This will be a third coming. Like you, I get goosebumps thinking of November Rain with Axl and Slash. That will be a great moment.

I bet all the negativity, where's Adler, TB sucks stuff will dissipate immediately once we get asked if we know where the fuck we are. It will take very little from then to make it an epic night.

A RIR 2011 performance would ruin it though. A decent to good one wouldn't be enough to derail it imo.

I don't see why everyone assumes they will open with WTTJ. NuGNR did that, but that might change. I want Nightrain or It's so easy :)

I want Nightrain as well. I just think Jungle is too iconic, and starts off with the perfect intro to Axl and Slash not to. Not to mention using it in those promos. I don't think it'll open the whole tour, but definitely that first show.

So what now? Was that it and we'll hear from them in april when they hit the stage?

Eventually Slash and Duff will talk. I don't know if soon's the word.

There could still be a TV thing this week. If it doesn't happen this week, I'm not sure when things would come.

I don't see why everyone assumes they will open with WTTJ. NuGNR did that, but that might change. I want Nightrain or It's so easy :)

I want Nightrain as well. I just think Jungle is too iconic, and starts off with the perfect intro to Axl and Slash not to. Not to mention using it in those promos. I don't think it'll open the whole tour, but definitely that first show.

So what now? Was that it and we'll hear from them in april when they hit the stage?

Eventually Slash and Duff will talk. I don't know if soon's the word.

There could still be a TV thing this week. If it doesn't happen this week, I'm not sure when things would come.

I hope they open with Right next door to hell.

Problem is the Coachella hipsters in the crowd. We need an invasion of big time GN'R fans to help create a great crowd environment. I hope the Axl/Slash/Duff version of GN'R plays Rock in Rio 2017 for Appetite anniversary with large guest appearances by Steven/Izzy (maybe even play Appetite all the way through). Would be friggin incredible.