GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

A modern take on the UYI stage set-up for the tour would be pretty cool, but I expect basic stuff for Coachella. AC/DC, for example, didn't use any of their tour set-up for Coachella.

Yeah their hands are tied as far as stage at a festival. For the full on tour though I hope it's something kick ass. I hope they go all out on the whole thing.

There's no room for CD songs here or at any of the other potential shows that may come later. Axl, Slash and Duff have collectively written and recorded more than enough of their own material to put on an amazing show. Guns has been a cover band for a really long time now, I honestly hope that Slash and Duff didn't sign up to do the same thing that their no name session replacements were willing to do just for a paycheck.

There's no room for CD songs here or at any of the other potential shows that may come later. Axl, Slash and Duff have collectively written and recorded more than enough of their own material to put on an amazing show. Guns has been a cover band for a really long time now, I honestly hope that Slash and Duff didn't sign up to do the same thing that their no name session replacements were willing to do just for a paycheck.

While what you say might be true, it's just that I'd be interrested in hearing Slash and Duff playing the songs. Maybe they'd change them up a bit. Put their feel to it. Then again, it would be pretty sweet if they only played old stuff!

As much as I love Chinese Democracy, I'm more interested in them hopefully playing songs from the Illusions like Bad Obsession, Double Takin' Jive, Dead Horse, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive (very wishful thinking) and keeping Yesterdays in the set.

Double Talkin' Jive, haven't heard Axl sing that one since 93 I do believe.. And no matter the condition his voice is in, its in a lower register.

I do think a CD song here and there would be fun. Duff obviously had no problem playing them, and now Slash is on board.. he could do some cool things to some of those guitar parts.. I could see him on board with playing a song like IRS or CD.

I love the entire back catalog, and I've heard the old band play most of it, as it existed, in its own time...

I'd love to see the originals take a stab at some CD tracks...why not? It'd be something new in lieu of some grasping hope for some new material, right?

If we happen to surprisingly get a new song or two in the future, all the better (no pun intended).

Edited by oneway23

hey, if Slash and Duff (and if Matt or Steven are included) tell Axl they want to play certain CD songs, then who are we to complain? Let's quit wondering of the what ifs and wait until we actually hear true details of who is in the band and then an actual setlist. New music would be ideal and who knows, maybe they will stun us all with some new music. weirder things have happened with this band...Paul Tobias??

This I Love is the only one I can maybe see.

You think you're gonna see Slash play Better? And Madagascar? Really?

What about Street Of Dreams?
Nahh, don't see it happening.
As utterly pointless as it would be playing cd songs, I have a feeling we're gonna be force fed at least 1 or 2. It's the continuance of Axl's deep, fucked up denial. There's literally no pay off doing it, but Axl wouldn't have kept anybody from the nu era if that were the case. It'd be admitting failure if he just ditched them. And Slash and Duff need Axl more than Axl needs them at this point, so their balls are pretty much in his hand. Most of all, he wouldn't have kept Pitman of all people if nu songs were completely off the table. Giddy up :facepalm:

They're kind of in between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Coachella. Most of the general public only knows GNR up thru 1992, the catastrophe that was the VMAs, and the cautionary tale of CD. With the rumored lineup, it's in their best interest to play the greatest hits and hope to god they hit it out of the park and don't melt down like at RIR 4. Beyond Coachella, is anybody honestly psyched at the possibility of shelling out $250 a head to see them play, especially after what we got in 2014?

They're kind of in between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Coachella. Most of the general public only knows GNR up thru 1992, the catastrophe that was the VMAs, and the cautionary tale of CD. With the rumored lineup, it's in their best interest to play the greatest hits and hope to god they hit it out of the park and don't melt down like at RIR 4. Beyond Coachella, is anybody honestly psyched at the possibility of shelling out $250 a head to see them play, especially after what we got in 2014?

$250 is the most expensive tickets will be. Standard GA tickets will probably be a lot cheaper. And I saw GNR in 2014 and thought Axl sounded great, so yeah I would probably pay that much to see Axl and Slash share a stage again.