GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

They're kind of in between a rock and a hard place when it comes to Coachella. Most of the general public only knows GNR up thru 1992, the catastrophe that was the VMAs, and the cautionary tale of CD. With the rumored lineup, it's in their best interest to play the greatest hits and hope to god they hit it out of the park and don't melt down like at RIR 4. Beyond Coachella, is anybody honestly psyched at the possibility of shelling out $250 a head to see them play, especially after what we got in 2014?

$250 is the most expensive tickets will be. Standard GA tickets will probably be a lot cheaper. And I saw GNR in 2014 and thought Axl sounded great, so yeah I would probably pay that much to see Axl and Slash share a stage again.

Don't get me wrong, if they come anywhere near me I'll probably shell out for tickets, but having also seen the 2014 incarnation in the flesh and after sitting here tonight rewatching the Rock AM 2006 show as a refresher/comparison, my expectations are tempered, to say the least

Hey I know this is off topic, but someone mentioned Axl Rose at the Bridge school benefit...

https://youtu.be/an-wU9I0AII

Is that really Axl Rose and his voice???

Or is this one of those prankster videos like the one of Slash seen playing guitar but it's someone else actually on the audio playing really poor as a joke?

You know what I mean? Is this really real? What is the story behind this?

Hey I know this is off topic, but someone mentioned Axl Rose at the Bridge school benefit...

https://youtu.be/an-wU9I0AII

Is that really Axl Rose and his voice???

Or is this one of those prankster videos like the one of Slash seen playing guitar but it's someone else actually on the audio playing really poor as a joke?

You know what I mean? Is this really real? What is the story behind this?

Haha that's him. The disclaimer is he was sick that night with strep or something. Tough night but we try not to give him too hard of a time for this one, it was a charity thing and they made a lot of money off our $10 donations so we could watch Axl but in the end it was a good thing for those kids....so yes poor performance but the night was a success.

Hey well that's cool, it's good to see Axl doing something good for kids. I have a new level of respect for Axl keeping his word then and showing up on time for that as sick as he must have been.

I sure do hope Duffs wife "Never say Never" turns out to be good news for Izzy & Steve soon.

Seeing how Axl has enough heart to do that show for the kids when he was so sick, hopefully he will have enough heart to give Steve one more chance as it means more than anything to Steve to play with GNR again.

• Like 1

This I Love is the only one I can maybe see.

You think you're gonna see Slash play Better? And Madagascar? Really?

What about Street Of Dreams?
Nahh, don't see it happening.
As utterly pointless as it would be playing cd songs, I have a feeling we're gonna be force fed at least 1 or 2. It's the continuance of Axl's deep, fucked up denial. There's literally no pay off doing it, but Axl wouldn't have kept anybody from the nu era if that were the case. It'd be admitting failure if he just ditched them. And Slash and Duff need Axl more than Axl needs them at this point, so their balls are pretty much in his hand. Most of all, he wouldn't have kept Pitman of all people if nu songs were completely off the table. Giddy up :facepalm:

lel sounds like you're the one in denial...

As utterly pointless as it would be playing cd songs, I have a feeling we're gonna be force fed at least 1 or 2. It's the continuance of Axl's deep, fucked up denial. There's literally no pay off doing it, but Axl wouldn't have kept anybody from the nu era if that were the case. It'd be admitting failure if he just ditched them. And Slash and Duff need Axl more than Axl needs them at this point, so their balls are pretty much in his hand. Most of all, he wouldn't have kept Pitman of all people if nu songs were completely off the table. Giddy up :facepalm:

How so?

If a CD song or two is played in place of nonsensical jams, AC/DC covers, and 10 minute solo spots, fine by me.

Hey, there's a voice of reason.

I would like to just see material from the albums the core did together. Play some deep cuts and really give the long time fans something to enjoy. I want to see a setlist order overhaul too.

How so?

nah hombre i was just joking :D

I really do not see what the issue is with Slash playing some Chinese songs. Duff did. I mean, it's not like I expect Slash to give us his take on Buckethead's epic TWAT solo. Or to play Scraped. Street Of Dreams and This I Love would be great to hear.

• Like 1

If Slash and Duff have merely signed up for nugnr, which appears to be the case judging by Pitman, Fortus and Frank's presence, you certainly know what the setlist will look like. It will be the exact same one on that shitty Vegas dvd minus the solo songs.

If Slash and Duff have merely signed up for nugnr, which appears to be the case judging by Pitman, Fortus and Frank's presence, you certainly know what the setlist will look like. It will be the exact same one on that shitty Vegas dvd minus the solo songs.

I think it'd hilarious if they opened a "reunion" show with Chinese Democracy.

I think it'd hilarious if they opened a "reunion" show with Chinese Democracy.

Maybe that's why they're avoiding the word reunion which is widely used in the press, and opted for "regrouping" instead. Goddamn it Axl

There's no room for CD songs here or at any of the other potential shows that may come later. Axl, Slash and Duff have collectively written and recorded more than enough of their own material to put on an amazing show. Guns has been a cover band for a really long time now, I honestly hope that Slash and Duff didn't sign up to do the same thing that their no name session replacements were willing to do just for a paycheck.

While what you say might be true, it's just that I'd be interrested in hearing Slash and Duff playing the songs. Maybe they'd change them up a bit. Put their feel to it. Then again, it would be pretty sweet if they only played old stuff!

I can understand that fans who have taken the time to follow the band on a message board would most likely enjoy hearing some CD songs, but much like how it went down at nuGNR shows, the majority of people who go to the concerts just don't know or care about them. It doesn't matter how much a dozen posters or so here love SOD or Better or Shacklers, those songs only managed to bring down the momentum of the shows. The most enthusiastic response from the crowd was always, always, for the classic tunes. And for good reason.

I just think it would be a huge waste of precious time, when you finally have Slash, Duff and Axl performing together on the same stage again after more than 20 years, to play sub-par bargain bin material that most casual fans don't give a rats ass about. Their back catalog is what propelled them to legendary status, it's what we still hear played on the radio daily, and it's the only reason why Axl was even able to take the name and continue to tour under it years after they broke up.

People talk to me about Guns all the time because they know I'm a fan and I've gone to so many shows, and I've never once had someone say to me irl they hope those 5 guys get back together again so they can hear them play CD tunes. It's just not reality for the outside world beyond this website.

• Like 1

There's no room for CD songs here or at any of the other potential shows that may come later. Axl, Slash and Duff have collectively written and recorded more than enough of their own material to put on an amazing show. Guns has been a cover band for a really long time now, I honestly hope that Slash and Duff didn't sign up to do the same thing that their no name session replacements were willing to do just for a paycheck.

While what you say might be true, it's just that I'd be interrested in hearing Slash and Duff playing the songs. Maybe they'd change them up a bit. Put their feel to it. Then again, it would be pretty sweet if they only played old stuff!

I can understand that fans who have taken the time to follow the band on a message board would most likely enjoy hearing some CD songs, but much like how it went down at nuGNR shows, the majority of people who go to the concerts just don't know or care about them. It doesn't matter how much a dozen posters or so here love SOD or Better or Shacklers, those songs only managed to bring down the momentum of the shows. The most enthusiastic response from the crowd was always, always, for the classic tunes. And for good reason.

I just think it would be a huge waste of precious time, when you finally have Slash, Duff and Axl performing together on the same stage again after more than 20 years, to play sub-par bargain bin material that most casual fans don't give a rats ass about. Their back catalog is what propelled them to legendary status, it's what we still hear played on the radio daily, and it's the only reason why Axl was even able to take the name and continue to tour under it years after they broke up.

People talk to me about Guns all the time because they know I'm a fan and I've gone to so many shows, and I've never once had someone say to me irl they hope those 5 guys get back together again so they can hear them play CD tunes. It's just not reality for the outside world beyond this website.

I think there's room in the setlist for a bit of everything. Maybe Slash can do This I Love and Axl can give Fall To Pieces a try. But I do think for the most part it's time to put the CD-era material to bed. If Axl wants to perform some new stuff, then do two new tracks with Slash and Duff, nobody will complain about hearing proper new songs.

I think there's room in the setlist for a bit of everything. Maybe Slash can do This I Love and Axl can give Fall To Pieces a try. But I do think for the most part it's time to put the CD-era material to bed. If Axl wants to perform some new stuff, then do two new tracks with Slash and Duff, nobody will complain about hearing proper new songs.

There's a whole generation of people who never got the opportunity to see these guys play live on stage together. Playing any CD song, and for that matter a VR song or a Slash solo song or an Elton John song, etc., eliminates one of their own classic tunes from the setlist. This isn't a continuation of Axl's vision, Slash and Duff aren't there as special guests filling in for a song or two. This is a nostalgia flashback for all the fans who never got to see them perform as a band before. We've seen Axl play the classics with other people, we've seen Slash play them with other people. I would think the whole point of this is to now see them play these songs together.

I'm not saying it will be the end of the world if they play CD stuff, but it would be completely unnecessary imo, not to mention highly disappointing. Slash has said a reunion would be something great to do for the fans. I never got the impression that meant seeing him play songs he and Duff had nothing to do with.

• Like 1

Sub par ? LOL you seem to understand much about music then.

Popularity as nothing to do with quality. People love to hear what they already now, just like people love to pay for shit movies already made before (Force awakens for one) but that doesn't mean the product itself is any good or better than the less known songs or films.

CD even with all it's problems is an amazing piece of work. Any non biased good musician can tell you that.