GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I just think it's unfortunate Slash and Duff have made concessions solely to appease Axl instead of looking to appease most of their fans.

Yeah, it would be better if they never reunited and that would make all the fans happier. Please, stay on the path of at least some minimum amount of sense and reason...

• Like 1

CD needs to just fucking die already. 20 fucking years have already been given to this mediocre album, why drag it on for any longer. It has already been overworked to death with dozens of people playing on it, and a tortured amount of production. Why add more to that? What could Slash and Duff possibly add to this!? I'm not getting why people want them on these songs. If you enjoy the album, then enjoy it for what it is, and move on!

I'd rather new material than listen to them retread old ground. And most likely because Axl wants and needs them to lend credibility to his failed album and nuGNR project. Ironic that the band members he drove out, are the ones he needed the most.

Because Slash doesn't have the chops to play most of the solos in that album. That means, if they play CD songs, we would get to hear different versions, maybe even stripped down to basics, which might be interesting and give us a sense of what could have been.

CD is part of GNR history/discography. Some people love those songs, Axl and whoever is in the band probably like those songs as well. Why pretend it never existed? Just because some fans don't like them? Ha! Ain't gonna happen, kiddo.

I agree though, I'd rather hear new material instead of listening to PC, WTTJ, CD, Better, Mr Brownstone, It's so Easy, YCBM, Don't Cry and NR for the millionth time.

Seriously, move on!

Why? Because you don't like it? Boo-hoo! :facepalm: That's ridiculous.

Some people still jack off to Rocket Queen and Paradise City... I say let everyone enjoy what they like instead of being an arrogant douchebag dictating what everyone should do.

Stop pulling straws from your arse. No one is telling you to not like or enjoy CD. My comment explicitly said as much. Like the album, it can be your favourite album in the whole world. No one gives a shit.

The band do not need to tread water just because you love this mediocre album. Releasing a re-recorded CD is what is ridiculous. There does not need to be a version two of this failed album. Which would mean GNR has not only released one album in 20 odd years, but one album, twice. Then there's all this talk of remixes and part II. At what point can GNR move on from CD!? At what point can Guns start being creative in any other way? It has been twenty fucking years! An album that represents the lowest point in the band's history, does not need to chew up even more time. Especially now that Duff and Slash are back.

Here is a novel idea; how about the current iteration of GNR goes into a studio, records an albums worth of new music, that is not called CD.

It's crazy to me how so many people are happy being stuck in this endless ground-hog day. I remember why I checked out of this band. I'm just glad Slash is still going to be active outside of GNR, and fortunately there's news of Izzy writing new material. I only hope he, Duff and Slash can finally deliver something, you can keep listening to your precious CD and whatever remixes and part twos that come about.

• Like 1

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/01/09/matt-sorum-guns-n-roses-coachella/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure how old this is, but it's tmz asking sorum if he's going to Coachella, he doesn't say anything. A nice no would have worked though.

It's new, LAX returning from NY. He still isn't talking, if he was out, wouldn't he say something.

I just think it's unfortunate Slash and Duff have made concessions solely to appease Axl instead of looking to appease most of their fans.

Yeah, it would be better if they never reunited and that would make all the fans happier. Please, stay on the path of at least some minimum amount of sense and reason...

Before Slash's comments in July, the possibility of a reunion was slim to none. Since this band has a long history of fucking things up, I don't know why people are surprised that others are expressing some level of disappointment.

I don't share the same sentiments of some who think sense and reason somehow equate to Slash and Duff on stage with Pitman playing songs they had nothing to do with, especially when you take into consideration they have more than enough iconic material of their own. If Axl wants to tour after this with more hired help no one has heard of just so he can play 3 or 4 of his CD songs then so be it. Just as I would expect Slash would want to go back on tour with Myles and play his solo stuff. As much as I love the song, I wouldn't want to hear Anastasia at this gig or any others they may do, so why would I care about hearing Better. There's a time and a place to play anything they've done on their own, I don't see a reunion as being either of them. CD represents a period of heartache, lawsuits, negativity and animosity between the old members, as well as years of arguing between nu fans vs old fans.

This rejoining should be a celebration of the work they accomplished when they were together, playing the songs they wrote and recorded that propelled them from nothingness to one of the biggest legendary bands in the world. CD had zero to do with any of that, there's no reason it should be represented at this type of show.

• Like 3

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/01/09/matt-sorum-guns-n-roses-coachella/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure how old this is, but it's tmz asking sorum if he's going to Coachella, he doesn't say anything. A nice no would have worked though.

It's new, LAX returning from NY. He still isn't talking, if he was out, wouldn't he say something.

Idk he had a bitter look on his face like he had missed the lottery by one number haha if he had a falling out with Axl recently then that's going to be a costly mistake.

I hate saying this but with Axl Slash and Duff being the only original members playing they are making themselves a bigger profit by not having a sorum, Gilby, Adler or even Izzy there. They can get the money they want on their names alone, so why invite a sorum when you know you have to pay him more then you would pay for a Frank

Edited by IncitingChaos

For all we know they're keeping everything a secret because the plan is to have the expected line-up open the show with a mix of UYI and CD songs and then surprise everybody with (almost) all of Appetite done with the original five as an encore. That's what the big surprise will be. We can dream right?

Before Slash's comments in July, the possibility of a reunion was slim to none. Since this band has a long history of fucking things up, I don't know why people are surprised that others are expressing some level of disappointment.

I don't share the same sentiments of some who think sense and reason somehow equate to Slash and Duff on stage with Pitman playing songs they had nothing to do with, especially when you take into consideration they have more than enough iconic material of their own. If Axl wants to tour after this with more hired help no one has heard of just so he can play 3 or 4 of his CD songs then so be it. Just as I would expect Slash would want to go back on tour with Myles and play his solo stuff. As much as I love the song, I wouldn't want to hear Anastasia at this gig or any others they may do, so why would I care about hearing Better. There's a time and a place to play anything they've done on their own, I don't see a reunion as being either of them. CD represents a period of heartache, lawsuits, negativity and animosity between the old members, as well as years of arguing between nu fans vs old fans.

This rejoining should be a celebration of the work they accomplished when they were together, playing the songs they wrote and recorded that propelled them from nothingness to one of the biggest legendary bands in the world. CD had zero to do with any of that, there's no reason it should be represented at this type of show.

I think a big part of this will depend on whether Slash and Duff consider CD to be GNR material or not.

Who knows... Duff has played CD material. Slash seems cool enough to play CD material. He comes across like he just wants to play and have fun instead of being stuck up about all the anal details some fans seem to be obsessed with.

It's quite interesting and depressing how GNR fans –in general, not talking specifically about you– are among the most cunty and bitchy fans out there... complaining for the sake of complaining...

No news? Complaints

Cryptic messages? Complaints

Clear messages? Complaints

New live shows? Complaints

Slash and Duff are back in the band? Complaints

Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus and Ferrer in the band? Complaints

Axl moves on stage? Complaints

Uncertainty about the material that is gonna be played live? Complaints

A part of me wishes it was just the endless sea of internet cupcakes, but I haven't seen this behaviour in other bands' messageboards/forums (NIN, My Bloody Valentine, The Cure, etc).

Let's just see how things unfold.

I'm much more of a casual GNR forum observer, but I definitely feel like the fans here are worse in the way they act towards anything by the band than any other music forum I've seen.

• Like 2

I think they should do CD tunes live. Would be cool to hear Slash on CD. You never know. Maybe Axl might release CD2 with Slash. Never say never...

Nah, just let it be. CD1 was bad, CD2 can only be worse. Moreover, Izzy is writing new songs for GNR and nobody cares about CD2. Edited by Roky

I think they should do CD tunes live. Would be cool to hear Slash on CD. You never know. Maybe Axl might release CD2 with Slash. Never say never...

I'd rather CD2 with Bucket, ie the original recording, even if it gets lumped into some kind of CD boxset limited edition rarities compilation for £100 a pop.

Any new GnR album with Slash, Duff etc should be brand new material.