GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

The truth is, CD is no way near as good as the NuGNR fangirls make it out to be, but at the same time, it's no way near as bad as the 80s mullethead AFD purists pretend either.

There's a handful of truly great songs, a couple of good ones, and some outright stinkers. It's not anywhere near as good as AFD or the Illusions, but then it isn't really a GNR record, so I don't think it's a fair comparison (although the comparisons are drawn because of Axl's refusal to release it under a different band name, so it's his own fault).

Agreed.

damn...he doesn't look happy at all. I'd say....NOT A CHANCE.

Wish he would though.

He could have also confirmed he's not a part of that but refused for some reason. Idk if he's not involved why is there a gag order uk..?!

He could also just be annoyed at the TMZ guy and not want to tell him anything at all. I think a lot of celebrities are like that towards TMZ - they don't want to give in to what they're asking because of how obnoxious and annoying they are.

damn...he doesn't look happy at all. I'd say....NOT A CHANCE.

Wish he would though.

He could have also confirmed he's not a part of that but refused for some reason. Idk if he's not involved why is there a gag order uk..?!

He could also just be annoyed at the TMZ guy and not want to tell him anything at all. I think a lot of celebrities are like that towards TMZ - they don't want to give in to what they're asking because of how obnoxious and annoying they are.

That could be true I just.. Idk. It's amazing how it is literally even worse than pulling teeth from this band to get an answer for SOMETHING.

I was clearly talking about live performance. Apparently you have a really hard time noticing such a subtle change in the subject (between re-releasing CD and simply performing those songs live). I'm sorry that confused you so much. My bad.

:lol:

Yeah. It's funny that you complain about posters on here being bitchy, when your posts are the very definition. You didn't like my initial comment about CD needing to die, which it does, and decided to go off without understanding. You need to learn that not everyone is going to share your opinion, and try to handle that better.

Edited by Babooshka

I just think it's unfortunate Slash and Duff have made concessions solely to appease Axl instead of looking to appease most of their fans.

Yeah, it would be better if they never reunited and that would make all the fans happier. Please, stay on the path of at least some minimum amount of sense and reason...

Before Slash's comments in July, the possibility of a reunion was slim to none. Since this band has a long history of fucking things up, I don't know why people are surprised that others are expressing some level of disappointment.

I don't share the same sentiments of some who think sense and reason somehow equate to Slash and Duff on stage with Pitman playing songs they had nothing to do with, especially when you take into consideration they have more than enough iconic material of their own. If Axl wants to tour after this with more hired help no one has heard of just so he can play 3 or 4 of his CD songs then so be it. Just as I would expect Slash would want to go back on tour with Myles and play his solo stuff. As much as I love the song, I wouldn't want to hear Anastasia at this gig or any others they may do, so why would I care about hearing Better. There's a time and a place to play anything they've done on their own, I don't see a reunion as being either of them. CD represents a period of heartache, lawsuits, negativity and animosity between the old members, as well as years of arguing between nu fans vs old fans.

This rejoining should be a celebration of the work they accomplished when they were together, playing the songs they wrote and recorded that propelled them from nothingness to one of the biggest legendary bands in the world. CD had zero to do with any of that, there's no reason it should be represented at this type of show.

I think a big part of this will depend on whether Slash and Duff consider CD to be GNR material or not.

Who knows... Duff has played CD material. Slash seems cool enough to play CD material. He comes across like he just wants to play and have fun instead of being stuck up about all the anal details some fans seem to be obsessed with.

It's quite interesting and depressing how GNR fans in general, not talking specifically about you are among the most cunty and bitchy fans out there... complaining for the sake of complaining...

No news? Complaints

Cryptic messages? Complaints

Clear messages? Complaints

New live shows? Complaints

Slash and Duff are back in the band? Complaints

Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus and Ferrer in the band? Complaints

Axl moves on stage? Complaints

Uncertainty about the material that is gonna be played live? Complaints

A part of me wishes it was just the endless sea of internet cupcakes, but I haven't seen this behaviour in other bands' messageboards/forums (NIN, My Bloody Valentine, The Cure, etc).

Let's just see how things unfold.

I think it's a safe bet that Guns N' Roses will continue to play some CD songs, given that Duff and Slash both like CD and most fans like a couple of the songs or tolerate them at least.

Regarding fans being arseholes, i think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Guns N' Roses and Team Brazil are shit when it comes to interacting with the band's fanbase or keeping them up to date on things. If you treat your fans inadequately, they're going to return the favour. Most who have followed Guns over the last 16 years have had to put up with Team Brazil's bullshit and incompetency. I think things would improve if Guns N' Roses actually got competent management and PR teams which would do their jobs properly and work in tandem with one another. With Team Brazil, things are always complicated and the PR is shit. Short of posting bullshit things like Tattoos and pictures of people's children, they don't really do much to interact with the fanbase, let alone properly inform them on news and up to date happenings.

Some people will always be arseholes, but a lot of it could be rectified if Guns N' Roses properly engaged the fans.

Nice to see somebody gets it.

I'm getting tired of all the posters who keep complaining about other posters. They should take their own advice and concentrate on the positive and stop focusing all their energy on the posters who aren't Axl lap dogs.

Stop concentrating on the minority and concentrate on the exciting GnR times right now.

I think they should do CD tunes live. Would be cool to hear Slash on CD. You never know. Maybe Axl might release CD2 with Slash. Never say never...

I can only see Slash agreeing that if Axl also agrees to some VR/Slash songs, like Slither etc.

Would that make sense tho?

Slash is joining GnR. So he should be prepared to play anything from the GnR catalog. I would bet Axl and TB are pretty adamant about that.

Why would GnR play songs from Slash, duff catalog as solo artists? That makes no sense at all.

Did GnR play Six AM songs? Replacement songs? Nine Inch Nail songs? Why would they start doing that how?

• Like 1

There is really a lot to at least question - I do not like the term 'whine'. A gnr reunion of some form is announced, yet, we still do not know the line-up but we sense we are being fed something less than a bona fide reunion as it will lack pivotal members; we are basically being asked to buy tickets for a festival, not knowing the line-up. Nugnr members will be present it seems, and Nugnr are very unpopular among a large segment of the fanbase. A chat show appearance is cancelled at the last minute. Coachella seems a logistical overpriced horror show, and an unlikely festival for Guns N' Roses. Nobody is talking - there is such a wall-of-silence that one would think the Kray Twins were intimidating bandmembers.

• Like 2

I just think it's unfortunate Slash and Duff have made concessions solely to appease Axl instead of looking to appease most of their fans.

Yeah, it would be better if they never reunited and that would make all the fans happier. Please, stay on the path of at least some minimum amount of sense and reason...

Before Slash's comments in July, the possibility of a reunion was slim to none. Since this band has a long history of fucking things up, I don't know why people are surprised that others are expressing some level of disappointment.

I don't share the same sentiments of some who think sense and reason somehow equate to Slash and Duff on stage with Pitman playing songs they had nothing to do with, especially when you take into consideration they have more than enough iconic material of their own. If Axl wants to tour after this with more hired help no one has heard of just so he can play 3 or 4 of his CD songs then so be it. Just as I would expect Slash would want to go back on tour with Myles and play his solo stuff. As much as I love the song, I wouldn't want to hear Anastasia at this gig or any others they may do, so why would I care about hearing Better. There's a time and a place to play anything they've done on their own, I don't see a reunion as being either of them. CD represents a period of heartache, lawsuits, negativity and animosity between the old members, as well as years of arguing between nu fans vs old fans.

This rejoining should be a celebration of the work they accomplished when they were together, playing the songs they wrote and recorded that propelled them from nothingness to one of the biggest legendary bands in the world. CD had zero to do with any of that, there's no reason it should be represented at this type of show.

I think a big part of this will depend on whether Slash and Duff consider CD to be GNR material or not.

Who knows... Duff has played CD material. Slash seems cool enough to play CD material. He comes across like he just wants to play and have fun instead of being stuck up about all the anal details some fans seem to be obsessed with.

It's quite interesting and depressing how GNR fans in general, not talking specifically about you are among the most cunty and bitchy fans out there... complaining for the sake of complaining...

No news? Complaints

Cryptic messages? Complaints

Clear messages? Complaints

New live shows? Complaints

Slash and Duff are back in the band? Complaints

Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus and Ferrer in the band? Complaints

Axl moves on stage? Complaints

Uncertainty about the material that is gonna be played live? Complaints

A part of me wishes it was just the endless sea of internet cupcakes, but I haven't seen this behaviour in other bands' messageboards/forums (NIN, My Bloody Valentine, The Cure, etc).

Let's just see how things unfold.

I think it's a safe bet that Guns N' Roses will continue to play some CD songs, given that Duff and Slash both like CD and most fans like a couple of the songs or tolerate them at least.

Regarding fans being arseholes, i think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Guns N' Roses and Team Brazil are shit when it comes to interacting with the band's fanbase or keeping them up to date on things. If you treat your fans inadequately, they're going to return the favour. Most who have followed Guns over the last 16 years have had to put up with Team Brazil's bullshit and incompetency. I think things would improve if Guns N' Roses actually got competent management and PR teams which would do their jobs properly and work in tandem with one another. With Team Brazil, things are always complicated and the PR is shit. Short of posting bullshit things like Tattoos and pictures of people's children, they don't really do much to interact with the fanbase, let alone properly inform them on news and up to date happenings.

Some people will always be arseholes, but a lot of it could be rectified if Guns N' Roses properly engaged the fans.

Nice to see somebody gets it.

I'm getting tired of all the posters who keep complaining about other posters. They should take their own advice and concentrate on the positive and stop focusing all their energy on the posters who aren't Axl lap dogs.

Stop concentrating on the minority and concentrate on the exciting GnR times right now.

I think they should do CD tunes live. Would be cool to hear Slash on CD. You never know. Maybe Axl might release CD2 with Slash. Never say never...

I can only see Slash agreeing that if Axl also agrees to some VR/Slash songs, like Slither etc.

Slash is joining GnR. So he should be prepared to play anything from the GnR catalog. I would bet Axl and TB are pretty adamant about that.

Why would GnR play songs from Slash, duff catalog as solo artists? That makes no sense at all.

Did GnR play Six AM songs? Replacement songs? Nine Inch Nail songs? Why would they start doing that how?

I agree with you. Over on another GN'R forum, I've been called all sorts of names because I don't fawn over anything and everything that Axl and GN'R have ever done. They see me as a hater. On here, I have been called the worst type of Axl fangirl. :facepalm: As a middle of the road fan, it's impossible to win. And I think that most of us fall into that category - we'll love some aspects of the band and its music, like other aspects, and dislike yet others. It's all good. Tastes differ. Opinions differ. It would be boring if we all felt the same way.

As for CD songs being played - I would personally welcome it. I would love to hear what Slash would do with This I Love and Madagascar. If it doesn't happen, though, it's no biggie.

There is really a lot to at least question - I do not like the term 'whine'. A gnr reunion of some form is announced, yet, we still do not know the line-up but we sense we are being fed something less than a bona fide reunion as it will lack pivotal members; we are basically being asked to buy tickets for a festival, not knowing the line-up. Nugnr members will be present it seems, and Nugnr are very unpopular among a large segment of the fanbase. A chat show appearance is cancelled at the last minute. Coachella seems a logistical overpriced horror show, and an unlikely festival for Guns N' Roses. Nobody is talking - there is such a wall-of-silence that one would think the Kray Twins were intimidating bandmembers.

It is all very weird, isn't it? One would assume that before purchasing tickets, people would like to know who they are actually purchasing tickets to see. Perhaps it's less of a big deal with it being a festival - GN'R are one band amongst many. But with the tickets set aside for the Nightrain, those people are buying tickets mainly to see that one band. Then there's the strange way the "regrouping" was announced. More with a fizzle than with a bang. I can only assume that there's a lot that's still going on behind the scenes... and I truly hope that it's something good, but with GN'R we have, unfortunately, learned to question everything. We almost feel too daunted to believe that good things can and will happen. It's a real shame.

Why are we arguing about Chinese Democracy? Guns N' Roses are reuniting for gods sake! We are going to see Axl and Slash running around shredding and banshee wailing through our favorite songs on the same stage for the first time in a quarter century. Who cares what extra songs they play here and there really?

I agree, im hoping they do play some CD stuff, i hope they play some VR stuff to, the more music the better. Who is really going to complain to watch Slash take on the TIL solo or Axl sing Fall to pieces?

It is all very weird, isn't it? One would assume that before purchasing tickets, people would like to know who they are actually purchasing tickets to see. Perhaps it's less of a big deal with it being a festival - GN'R are one band amongst many. But with the tickets set aside for the Nightrain, those people are buying tickets mainly to see that one band. Then there's the strange way the "regrouping" was announced. More with a fizzle than with a bang. I can only assume that there's a lot that's still going on behind the scenes... and I truly hope that it's something good, but with GN'R we have, unfortunately, learned to question everything. We almost feel too daunted to believe that good things can and will happen. It's a real shame.

Yeah. It's a "regrouping". Which is fair enough. My expectations are now at rock bottom, so things can only get better. Like Izzy working on new music.

They probably are feeling it out and that's why it all seems so precarious. I hope they can pull off Coachella, no matter the line-up, this is no longer just about nuGNR tanking.

Why are we arguing about Chinese Democracy? Guns N' Roses are reuniting for gods sake! We are going to see Axl and Slash running around shredding and banshee wailing through our favorite songs on the same stage for the first time in a quarter century. Who cares what extra songs they play here and there really?

I agree, im hoping they do play some CD stuff, i hope they play some VR stuff to, the more music the better. Who is really going to complain to watch Slash take on the TIL solo or Axl sing Fall to pieces?

They will certainly play CD stuff, I don't see why they'd stop. I will be highly surprised if Axl allows any VR material.

Yeah. It's a "regrouping". Which is fair enough. My expectations are now at rock bottom, so things can only get better. Like Izzy working on new music.

They probably are feeling it out and that's why it all seems so precarious. I hope they can pull off Coachella, no matter the line-up, this is no longer just about nuGNR tanking.

They will certainly play CD stuff, I don't see why they'd stop. I will be highly surprised if Axl allows any VR material.

I am allowing myself to be very cautiously optimistic. The return of Slash and Duff is a good thing. And there are signs that this is about more than Coachella - I don't think they'd have placed so much emphasis on the old logo if it were just about two gigs that would have sold out whether or not they were there.

Izzy being involved in new music would be amazing. I hope that it's true. I don't hate CD, but I haven't connected with it as much as I have with AFD and the Illusions. There are only a couple of songs on CD that I really love. In comparison, there are lots of songs that Izzy was involved in that I love.

But yes, I agree that they are probably still feeling things out. I also agree that they need to be at their best at Coachella. A lot of people will be watching...

A few years ago, Slash & Duff back in GNR would be looked at as the biggest triumph ever, and a reunion with a capital 'R'. Now that it's a reality, it seems there's a nice segment of fans who want it on their terms, with "their" members, or else it's a sham.

Count your fucking blessings people. We're 1 week out of official news that Axl, Slash & Duff are Guns N' Roses again. Who cares if Bozo The Clown is up there with them. This is nothing but a good thing, and it looks like things are only about to get better.

This.

• Like 1

A few years ago, Slash & Duff back in GNR would be looked at as the biggest triumph ever, and a reunion with a capital 'R'. Now that it's a reality, it seems there's a nice segment of fans who want it on their terms, with "their" members, or else it's a sham.

I'm sure some people would have called it a reunion, but not everyone. And at this point, not even the band is, so really it doesn't matter.

No one has changed their mind, people have just wanted different things.

• Like 2

Count your fucking blessings people. We're 1 week out of official news that Axl, Slash & Duff are Guns N' Roses again. Who cares if Bozo The Clown is up there with them. This is nothing but a good thing, and it looks like things are only about to get better.

This.

This whole thing has been kind of a lesson for me. After the last couple of weeks, I truly believe there's just no way to satisfy the average GNR fan.

I'm not saying that as an insult to the user base here by any means. I'm talking in general. If you look at the comments on any given GNR social media post, you'll see that there's literally nothing they could do to make even a majority of people happy.

• Like 1

Preach it, brother.

Not to be pedantic here, but technically Slash, Duff and Axl are "regrouping", for this show at least. Slash and Duff aren't joining the band as replacement musicians or employees, but as former members. Surely people can see the difference?

I think it's also worth mentioning they still own the rights to the songs they created while members of that band, unlike anyone else who has come and gone after them. So to compare them in a way to any other musician who has been a part of Guns post '97 by saying they should be prepared to play anything from the GnR catalog, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That's what those other guys were hired and paid to do. This isn't remotely the same thing. I would think the only thing they should really be prepared for, is playing the songs they wrote and recorded while they were still members of GNR. I don't understand the sense of obligation to perform songs they had nothing to do with.

• Like 1

This.
This whole thing has been kind of a lesson for me. After the last couple of weeks, I truly believe there's just no way to satisfy the average GNR fan.

I'm not saying that as an insult to the user base here by any means. I'm talking in general. If you look at the comments on any given GNR social media post, you'll see that there's literally nothing they could do to make even a majority of people happy.

It's crazy, but even if you built a time machine and took everyone back to 87-88 and said "look, here's the GNR you want!" There would be complaints about set list, people will say they couldn't hear Axl and most of the people that think it's ok for Axl to show up late would have a different opinion after sitting through it a few times.

I think there's plenty to complain about but really the situation going on right now is ideal as it can be. Yes this is what we wanted, Slash and Axl together. But you have to realize these guys are in their 50's, so no you won't hear the glorious raw sound of the late 80's but you will likely get a band that shows up on time, they will play for nearly 3 hours, and chances are if you are there it's going to be a blast. Anything else is icing on the cake.

Don't expect an album, don't expect a world tour, don't expect 06 or 10 Axl. They have two shows lined up right now, we will probably get a pro shot and it's going to be awesome. Enjoy this ride because there are few moments in any bands career that they get this kind of opportunity. This is as big as 01 HOB, Rock in Rio 3, 02 VMA's 06 Hammerstein, and 09 Tokyo.

I know it's not going to happen but I hope everyone can appreciate 16 at Coachella. It's one of those moments

• Like 1

Don't expect an album, don't expect a world tour, don't expect 06 or 10 Axl. They have two shows lined up right now, we will probably get a pro shot and it's going to be awesome. Enjoy this ride because there are few moments in any bands career that they get this kind of opportunity. This is as big as 01 HOB, Rock in Rio 3, 02 VMA's 06 Hammerstein, and 09 Tokyo.

I know it's not going to happen but I hope everyone can appreciate 16 at Coachella. It's one of those moments

Well said, this is huge. Potentially bigger than any of those other dates because of the folks involved.

Not to be pedantic here, but technically Slash, Duff and Axl are "regrouping", for this show at least. Slash and Duff aren't joining the band as replacement musicians or employees, but as former members. Surely people can see the difference?

I think it's also worth mentioning they still own the rights to the songs they created while members of that band, unlike anyone else who has come and gone after them. So to compare them in a way to any other musician who has been a part of Guns post '97 by saying they should be prepared to play anything from the GnR catalog, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That's what those other guys were hired and paid to do. This isn't remotely the same thing. I would think the only thing they should really be prepared for, is playing the songs they wrote and recorded while they were still members of GNR. I don't understand the sense of obligation to perform songs they had nothing to do with.

Loving and agreeing with everything you've posted so far, keep it up.

I just hope them returning as partners is really what's happening here, because the opposite would be gut wrenching. Seeing Slash and Duff return just to be Axl's new whipping boys would be like Aqua Man returning just to drown in the bath tub. I'd forever lose my respect for those guys if that were the case, and the gnr names already been tainted enough...

• Like 1

Why not? Axl let Tommy and Bumble play their solo songs at shows. And the two big VR hits have more commercial value than anything nu guns have done. If Axl really is willing to have Kushner on board, I can't see him then being too bothered playing Slither or something. It'd be a nice compromise from having inflated egos right from the word go..

I can see Fall to Pieces being played as a tribute to Weiland, and we know Axl was fond of the guitar parts of that song when Slash played them back in '95 or '96.

Axl was happy to let his other nuGNR bandmates do their side projects, and everything points towards SMK&C releasing their 3rd album next year. If a new Guns N' Roses album with Slash, Duff, and Izzy comes out, awesome. If not, at least we'll still get new songs with Slash on them in 2017.