GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Pitman is clearly not fired.

But GNR is now being presented as Axl, Slash, and Duff. The people behind them are irrelevant to the majority of ticket buyers, and the management which Slash and Duff have brought knows it.

You can bet Beta and Fernando have been relegated to minor tasks for Axl. Now there are actual professionals in charge.

• Like 1

Chris's post explains Matt's silence from the other day. Everyone has signed contracts to keep quIet. We will get a lot more information leading up to April.

Yeah the most surprising part is that Steven Adler hasn't said anything......

Chris's post explains Matt's silence from the other day. Everyone has signed contracts to keep quIet. We will get a lot more information leading up to April.

Yeah the most surprising part is that Steven Adler hasn't said anything......

I think Stevie knows he can't fuck up this time. One strike and you're out.

I think they should do CD tunes live. Would be cool to hear Slash on CD. You never know. Maybe Axl might release CD2 with Slash. Never say never...

I can only see Slash agreeing that if Axl also agrees to some VR/Slash songs, like Slither etc.
Would that make sense tho?

Slash is joining GnR. So he should be prepared to play anything from the GnR catalog. I would bet Axl and TB are pretty adamant about that.

Why would GnR play songs from Slash, duff catalog as solo artists? That makes no sense at all.

Did GnR play Six AM songs? Replacement songs? Nine Inch Nail songs? Why would they start doing that how?

Not to be pedantic here, but technically Slash, Duff and Axl are "regrouping", for this show at least. Slash and Duff aren't joining the band as replacement musicians or employees, but as former members. Surely people can see the difference?

I think it's also worth mentioning they still own the rights to the songs they created while members of that band, unlike anyone else who has come and gone after them. So to compare them in a way to any other musician who has been a part of Guns post '97 by saying they should be prepared to play anything from the GnR catalog, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. That's what those other guys were hired and paid to do. This isn't remotely the same thing. I would think the only thing they should really be prepared for, is playing the songs they wrote and recorded while they were still members of GNR. I don't understand the sense of obligation to perform songs they had nothing to do with.

Surely you see the difference between old members of GnR returning to GnR and playing songs that GnR released......as opposed to Axl playing songs created by bands not known as GnR?

Duff joined Axl on tour last year and played CD songs. So adding Slash to the mix means they shouldn't play them? So the number of old members returning would dictate if they play CD songs? One - they play. Two - they don't play?

Using that logic, Sorum didn't create Appetite or Lies. But he still played those songs live. So should he not be expected to play songs from those two albums if he is part of the upcoming tour?

Adler wasn't part of Illusions. If he gets the upcoming gig should he be regulated to just appetite and Lies songs? Dizzy wasn't there for Appetite. Does he sit the bench now for those songs?

Hell, to accommodate past musicians only playing songs from albums they were on the "regrouping" tour is gonna need 17 different band members involved.

CD is a GnR album.

The upcoming tour looks to have Axl, Dizzy, Frank, Pittman and possibly Fortus. Duff has already played CD songs on tour. So they should drop GnR songs because of one guy (Slash)?

If this was a reunion of the original band then I could see them not touching CD. Unless the original guys wanted to. Which they might. Slash might be excited to tackle twat or Better.

But since it looks like five current members and two old guys? Logic is that CD would be included.

IMO.

Anybody that wants Axl to sing VR is a little delusional. That's just odd. I can't even see Slash and Duff wanting to do that. The people that want it now won't want it when they hear it.

GnR didn't play Sixx AM songs, Replacement songs or Cult songs. Why would they start covering members old bands songs now?
Duff joined last year as a temporary fill in. A guest spot. Its the equilavent of when a friend from out of state comes to crash at your place for a couple weeks. He doesn't really get a say on refurnishing your place, or repainting your kitchen. What's happening now is the equilavent of a friend moving in with you. Sharing bills, breaking bread, the whole nine. A bit different of a circumstance.

You have to also understand that the gnr they were part of and the gnr that exists today are two different, separate, legal entities. It's unclear right now if this "reunion" is a revival of that old entity or not. We have no knowledge on what the legal finalities have come to be, or what kind of compromises have been made. It's all up in the air as far as we're all concerned.

But we know Slash wasn't a big fan of the cd stuff, and that there's literally no pay off playing those songs live anymore. Maybe 10% of any given audience are aware of those songs existence, and maybe about 5% of that same audience would really give three wet farts as to if they're played or not. And let's be honest here, that's being generous. Again, why make things awkward if you don't have to, and when the mass majority of the audience wouldn't even appreciate it anyways? The CD stuff made absolutely no impact on the masses. So might as well just stick to the 87-91 material that did.

But if Axl's gonna be a cry baby about it, then playing the two VR hits would be a fair compromise. Like I said, Tommy and Bumble got to play their solo stuff at shows. And Slither and Fall to Pieces made way more commercial impact than Better or This I Love did. Chances are, Average Joe would be more prone to know and appreciate those songs, and it keeps things leveled. No inflated egos, no bullshit. Like I said, if Axl's willing to have Slash and Duff's guitarist from VR playing with them, I doubt he'd then have much trouble compromising this. Plus, them playing each other's stuff from when they were apart would send a message of unity. Like the hatchet has really been buried.

But simply making Slash and Duff Axl's bottom bitches is just gonna be a recipe for disaster, and horribly depressing to witness. Let's just hope that's not really the case.

Totally agree with what you said, expect for one point.

Kushner isn't, wasn't and will never be part of this GNR reunion. Get that out of your system ;)

ChiDem is an album by GNR. That's just a fact, plain and simple.

Another fact is that 99.999% of the ticket buying audience have no interest in hearing one single song from that album, not with Slash and Duff on stage.

Another fact is that Axl will never admit that ChiDem was a colossal failure. So, yes, we're going to get a few ChiDem shit-bombs at the reunion shows.

Axl isn't done with his "ChiDem album release tour" just yet. 8 years simply isn't enough time to properly tour an new album, I guess.

• Like 3

Chinese Democracy is an album in GNR name only. Just because all of you want it to be a GNR album doesn't mean 90% of us will call it anything other than an Axl Rose solo record. Argue about it till you're blue in the face. It will NEVER be considered a GNR album by the majority. THAT is a fact. Moreso than that ChiDem is a Guns album.

Not sure what CD success has to do with this thread but I just can't see it as a colossal failure. An Axl and hired hands album sold at least over 5 million copies and we only have figures from up to early 2009 when it had almost hit 3 million. I admit I enjoyed CD, with the changes in dynamics in Guns, I thought Axl and co did a damn fine job.

Chinese Democracy is a huge failure to anyone with eyes. I don't mean to shit on the album, cause like you I enjoy it. But there are now rose colored glasses here. NO ONE cared about it. It might have sold ok, but no one cared and the time it took to get that album out already labeled it a failure before people heard it. It could be the greatest thing ever, it still wouldn't change the fact that it was a failure to the world cause no one cared by that point.

And what's hysterical is people used to argue that this wasn't even the album Axl wanted. He put it out because those were what leaked so he "compromised" his vision. And that compromise was STILL an excellent 10 star album, which is ridiculous. You don't have to admit it sucks, because maybe it doesn't to you. But to the world, it means nothing, no one would ever blink an eye if it never got mentioned again besides 5 people on here, and that is why it indeed is a COLOSSAL failure. To argue anything otherwise, I'm sorry but its Axl fanboys being Axl fanboys. No one's telling you not to like it, no one's telling you its not a good album, but to the real world it wasn't even a blip on their radar. It was 100% a failure, and the sooner everyone just accepts that the sooner we can talk logically about things here. I get that people don't want it to be right but its the truth. Thats why Slash and Duff are back. Cause no one cared about Chinese Democracy.

I'll admit CD is a Guns album when people admit it was a colossal failure.

• Like 1

It probably did better than TSI in terms of selling units individually for a Guns album. It's not all about how many copies it sold your right. There's no need to feel ashamed because your liked an album, your judge something from your own heart/mind not the opinions of sheep. I understand people on the Internet and in general made a joke of the album before it got released. It's the era of the cupcake. You have to remember Axl doesn't create 3 minute pop songs he creates art and takes you on a journey.

Seriously, shut the fuck up about ChiDem in my thread

GNR reunited, this is about their first shows

This. Feel free to discuss Coachella here and discuss whether or not CD is a GN'R album elsewhere.

I get that there's a grey area because of people wondering whether or not they current line up will play CD songs, but we've strayed pretty far from that path.

• Like 1

I wouldn't read into it much. He might just be saying it to people that contact him.

Chris Pitman@CPitmanofficial 8h8 hours ago

I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc. So there, denied! #GamesForDays

Id have to guess they're waiting until everyone is signed on the dotted line and the tour is officially a done deal. At least we know coachella will happen and axl slash and duff will be involved. Shouldn't be too long until we hear something then..

I guess Coachella want the focus on Axl, Slash, Duff.

Who aren't really talking up a storm either.

They really need to do something, like... be seen publicly together? Maybe Axl could belt out a song at some point and show he can sing?

• Like 1