GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Too bad they don't ride the wave.

Since the announcement they should have gone on telly and do something. Axl or the entire band.

I know its been just a few days. But the momentum is already flaming out.

Hopefully something happens soon as in perhaps rerelease a disc. Or a performance to fuel the hype.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would be AWESOME.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt would be great.

Axl, Slash, Duff and two guys from 1996 to date... would be fine.

But they (and we) don't need two keyboard players.

One keyboard player plays keyboard and the other one (Chris in GNR case) adds samples, loops, overdubs, backing vocals soundscapes... A lot of bands have one behind the stage. Guns just got their one on the stage...

samples, loops, overdubs, backing vocals soundscapes

These are all the antithesis of why GNR was so successful in the first place.

Let ChiDem die, man. Just let it die.

• Like 1

One keyboard player plays keyboard and the other one (Chris in GNR case) adds samples, loops, overdubs, backing vocals soundscapes... A lot of bands have one behind the stage. Guns just got their one on the stage...

Yeah, and the statement that a lot of bands have one isn't fair. Not one rock band I listen to does that shit.

I agree.

guys

tommy stinson

what happened to him?

Duff happened to him.

we have heard bits n pieces from frank richard chris etc

nothing from stinson

as far as I know he is still officially in the band

but since duff is definitely in it doesnt make sense

What the fuck are you talking about. Duff is in, tommy is out. Or do you think they'll have two bass players?

Geez, some people...

guys

tommy stinson

what happened to him?

Duff happened to him.

nothing from stinson

What the fuck are you talking about. Duff is in, tommy is out. Or do you think they'll have two bass players?

Geez, some people...

Well, we're talking about a band that has two keyboard players after all. Tommy can play rhythm bass and Duff can play lead bass on a new, bass-infused arrangement of You Ain't The First. Pitman can add a sub-bass solo halfway through.

no CD or VR tracks please. I'd rather hear shotgun blues or anything goes.

:lol:

Seriously?

Any word on when rehearsals start?

If the pictures Slash and Duff have posted are any indicator, the rehearsals have already begun.

Cool. It would be sweet if Axl got the same vocal coach as the 2006 tour era. He was definitely one of the top performing rock stars in that particular year.

Edited by Edward Nigma

guys

tommy stinson

what happened to him?

Duff happened to him.

nothing from stinson

Geez, some people...

Well, we're talking about a band that has two keyboard players after all. Tommy can play rhythm bass and Duff can play lead bass on a new, bass-infused arrangement of You Ain't The First. Pitman can add a sub-bass solo halfway through.

They can finally cover this!

I just happened to randomly log on for the first time in months and just heard the news. Awesome.

And I've been saying this would eventually happen for the past 12 years, since I joined this forum in 2004. I big "I told you so" goes out to all the naysayers and the "Nu Guns" people that swore this day would never come. :P

Guns N' Roses shall live once again. :shades:

I just happened to randomly log on for the first time in months and just heard the news. Awesome.

And I've been saying this would eventually happen for the past 12 years, since I joined this forum in 2004. I big "I told you so" goes out to all the naysayers and the "Nu Guns" people that swore this day would never come. :P

You haven't heard anything outside of here?

You haven't heard anything outside of here?

No. But I just heard of David Bowie's death this morning (R.I.P.), so that gives you an idea how much I pay attention to news and social media. :D

Edited by Kasanova King

Hmmm...finding out what's happening with the band months later on the internet...

You sir are Axl Rose and I claim my £5! :lol:

Edit: Nice to see you back anyway KK

• Like 1

I didnt find any thread about Todd Kerns being interviewed by Trunk, did you listen to it ? Nothing concrete was said but its a pretty interesting interview though... They talked a lot about what Todd wrote on his blog, the Coachella gigs and all the line-up rumours

Guys, I don't claim to be an insider, I live in Brazil, I have no ties with the band, but I've been told a few things by a fellow journalist who is very well informed in the music business and thought why not share it, since we are still some months away from the reunion.

He says GNR are not rehearsing at Axl's home studio, but at a place called Mates Studio, in LA, without Axl, who is yet to show up.

Says that lineup is not defined besides Axl/Slash/Duff, and that there is stuff to be defined with regards to revenue %, participation in profits from merch and all that stuff with members besides the big 3. That would be the main thing that prevented the Kimmel appearance. Also, the future after Coachella is not set in stone - an US tour followed by appearences in key places (not a full nlown tour) in Europe and SA is the tentative plan, provided things go well in the following months.

The last bit of info (I can't fathom how he would have access to that) is that new material is being worked on. New material, however, is actually old material, including stuff from CD2 that is being worked on by Duff and Slash, obviously under Axl's direction of sorts. There is no timeline for release, and if an album comes out it will not be this year. Also, CD songs will be performed by the regrouped band and are being rehearsed - shows will keep more or less the same format, with lots of solo spots and long duration.

I have no idea if it's true, no idea who his sources are, just feeding the rumour mill here with what he told me.

Guys, I don't claim to be an insider, I live in Brazil, I have no ties with the band, but I've been told a few things by a fellow journalist who is very well informed in the music business and thought why not share it, since we are still some months away from the reunion.

He says GNR are not rehearsing at Axl's home studio, but at a place called Mates Studio, in LA, without Axl, who is yet to show up.

Says that lineup is not defined besides Axl/Slash/Duff, and that there is stuff to be defined with regards to revenue %, participation in profits from merch and all that stuff with members besides the big 3. That would be the main thing that prevented the Kimmel appearance. Also, the future after Coachella is not set in stone - an US tour followed by appearences in key places (not a full nlown tour) in Europe and SA is the tentative plan, provided things go well in the following months.

The last bit of info (I can't fathom how he would have access to that) is that new material is being worked on. New material, however, is actually old material, including stuff from CD2 that is being worked on by Duff and Slash, obviously under Axl's direction of sorts. There is no timeline for release, and if an album comes out it will not be this year. Also, CD songs will be performed by the regrouped band and are being rehearsed - shows will keep more or less the same format, with lots of solo spots and long duration.

I have no idea if it's true, no idea who his sources are, just feeding the rumour mill here with what he told me.

Seems credible....nothing you stated is far fetched. :thumbsup: