GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven would be AWESOME.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby and Matt would be great.

Axl, Slash, Duff and two guys from 1996 to date... would be fine.

But they (and we) don't need two keyboard players.

One keyboard player plays keyboard and the other one (Chris in GNR case) adds samples, loops, overdubs, backing vocals soundscapes... A lot of bands have one behind the stage. Guns just got their one on the stage...

samples, loops, overdubs, backing vocals soundscapes

These are all the antithesis of why GNR was so successful in the first place.

Let ChiDem die, man. Just let it die.

I agree.

I'm all about AFD! Im just saying what he does in the band... :)

Guys, I don't claim to be an insider, I live in Brazil, I have no ties with the band, but I've been told a few things by a fellow journalist who is very well informed in the music business and thought why not share it, since we are still some months away from the reunion.

He says GNR are not rehearsing at Axl's home studio, but at a place called Mates Studio, in LA, without Axl, who is yet to show up.

Says that lineup is not defined besides Axl/Slash/Duff, and that there is stuff to be defined with regards to revenue %, participation in profits from merch and all that stuff with members besides the big 3. That would be the main thing that prevented the Kimmel appearance. Also, the future after Coachella is not set in stone - an US tour followed by appearences in key places (not a full nlown tour) in Europe and SA is the tentative plan, provided things go well in the following months.

The last bit of info (I can't fathom how he would have access to that) is that new material is being worked on. New material, however, is actually old material, including stuff from CD2 that is being worked on by Duff and Slash, obviously under Axl's direction of sorts. There is no timeline for release, and if an album comes out it will not be this year. Also, CD songs will be performed by the regrouped band and are being rehearsed - shows will keep more or less the same format, with lots of solo spots and long duration.

I have no idea if it's true, no idea who his sources are, just feeding the rumour mill here with what he told me.

Yea nothing we didn't assume, but good info if true. It feels like everything is out there already but we just have no idea what's true and what's not. I guess wait and see

Naming the next album CD2 would be sort of like naming your kid Adolf. Just a shitty idea.

Not buying the "rumor" about Slash and Duff reworking CD songs either. Especially if the other "rumor" that Izzy is involved in writing with them. As if those guys need to to sit and listen to DJ licks. Nah, they're quite capable of coming up with their own Guns N Roses material.

Edited by Patience 4 Axl
  • Like 2

Naming the next album CD2 would be sort of like naming your kid Adolf. Just a shitty idea.

You're insufferable, y'know that? What made you think that was a good analogy? :facepalm:

If any next album consists of 80% CD era songs, why not call it that? Personally I hope a new album is self-titled, but some peoples hatred for anything CD-era related is just weird...

Edited by Gordon Comstock

You're insufferable, y'know that? What made you think that was a good analogy? :facepalm:

If any next album consists of 80% CD era songs, why not call it that? Personally I hope a new album is self-titled, but some peoples hatred for anything CD-era related is just weird...

Didn't Axl already say that he didn't want to call the next album CD2 even before the reunion? I think now might be the time to call the album 'Guns N' Roses' especially if Izzy is involved in the writing.

CD ends now!!!

• Like 1

The "no name session replacements" played the oldies but goodies as well as the original band did, and in some cases technically better than the last few shows of the original band half in the bag that I went to.

You mean musicians in their 40's were technically better at playing songs written by musicians who were in their 20's? Wow, mind blown. Maybe the next crew of mid life replacements can try and write just one song that more than a few dozen people give a shit about or that radio stations would actually want to play.

This is probably the first time I have been so close to like a post in this forum. Like, very, very close.

Bravo.

No press or interviews until C'Chella?

I kinda dig that!

Yea not bad, the media will do their promotion and until a full tour is announced you really can't push a sold out show much more.

I think the issue will be if Axl shows up out of shape and out of tune, if we saw him prior to Coachella we could make some determination that he is out of shape or whatever, but it's going to be one of those VMA shocking moments if we build these high expectations and then are let down.

However, if he shows up in shape and on fire it will make the no press and wait that much sweeter. I don't think this reunion is a slam dunk yet, so I'm hoping Axl is putting his work in.

Coachella probably don't want people knowing it's not the AFD line up. But really it's sold out so what's the difference.

Maybe the AFD line up will be used to promo the US tour.

I think it can't hurt though. Like... just promote the shit out of it, even if it's sold out. Just so more people are aware of it. But this is round 1, there hasn't been a real introduction with pics of Axl and Slash together smiling for the cameras. Perhaps when it's more advanced, the monumental promotion will really begin.

Edited by Rovim

Coachella probably don't want people knowing it's not the AFD line up. But really it's sold out so what's the difference.

Maybe the AFD line up will be used to promo the US tour.

I think it can't hurt though. Like... just promote the shit out of it, even if it's sold out. Just so more people are aware of it. But this is round 1, there hasn't been a real introduction with pics of Axl and Slash together smiling for the cameras. Perhaps when it's more advanced, the monumental promotion will really begin.

People are pay 1000 dollars in some cases to see the reunion. The first time Axl and Slash are together. Maybe you can over do it, to the point where everyones sick of it.

But also considering the past maybe it's very delicate. And Axl could potentiallly just cancel it just because Slash gets misquoted?

And the questions could be tricky and not positive. They must have just decided to put all of it to the side. Over there in that box is all the shit and bitterness. Over here there's 30 mil, glory and strippers.

• Like 1