GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I get that they probably spent a TON of money on those billboards and the Star Wars promos, but I sincerely hope that someone involved with this understands by now that more promotion is going to be required.

Yeah, the idea that you'd spend a fortune on teasers at the movies and buy up a bunch of billboards and then go absolutely quiet for 3 months seems a bit absurd to me. I can't believe that we won't see more promotion once everything is in place.

I get that they probably spent a TON of money on those billboards and the Star Wars promos, but I sincerely hope that someone involved with this understands by now that more promotion is going to be required.

Yeah, the idea that you'd spend a fortune on teasers at the movies and buy up a bunch of billboards and then go absolutely quiet for 3 months seems a bit absurd to me. I can't believe that we won't see more promotion once everything is in place.

Look at how much immediate ROI they'd get just from Nightrain memberships if they were posting even 10 second rehearsal clips on there.

Guns N’ Roses are rumored to be planning a secret show in the Los Angeles area next month, which will be the first official reunion show, and a warm up heading into Coachella. The band are currently rehearsing (Slash, Duff McKagan, and Frank Ferrer have confirmed that they are rehearsing) but Axl Rose has yet to join the band. GNR have also been working on new material, some of which is rumored to have originated during the Chinese Democracy era.

Chinese Democracy songs are also being rehearsed and will be performed live. The band are still working on furture plans, with a U.S. tour planned along with shows in key places in Europe and South America. The band are still negotiating the business deals for members outside of Axl, Slash, and Duff.

Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan has shared a photo of his gear he will be using on GNR’s upcoming 2016 tour which will kick off at Coachella. The photo is from a Guns N’ Roses rehearsal.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-rehearsing-without-axl-rose-writing-new-music-planning-la-concert/

Speaking of Nightrain, I went to the site just now and noticed the font changed. The bullet logo is still there, just the site font changed. Can't access the login page for some reason, so maybe they're finally updating the site.

Well I was looking forward to the Jimmy Kimmel Interview........

They should do some interviews together. April is too far away to see them together.

Well I was looking forward to the Jimmy Kimmel Interview........

They should do some interviews together. April is too far away to see them together.

My guess (and this is 100% a guess, based on NO "insider info" whatsoever) is that the pic of Axl is what caused the cancelation. He probably saw the backlash and decided (hopefully) to get serious about getting into shape for a couple weeks before he makes any public appearances.

• Like 1

Naming the next album CD2 would be sort of like naming your kid Adolf. Just a shitty idea.

You're insufferable, y'know that? What made you think that was a good analogy? :facepalm:

don't encourage her, she has an entire library of them

and I realize this thread was started as a celebration of the "reunion" so I hesitate to rain on the parade ad nauseam,

but I think this reunion has about as much chance of happening as getting struck by lightning.

I guess there is a possibility that there is a charity involved, like with Pink Floyd when they did the one and done at that festival in London a few years back.

But unless someone can give me another reason that sounds plausible why Axl would do this I'm still on the naysayer side.

For one he is or would be, alienating "NuGnr" as they are referred to in here.

That's a big FU to Axl's current lineup who have worked tirelessly to master the new songs, as well as the old, to suddenly play a show with the old cast offs.

Edited by shades

I think it is high time MyGNR sued the press for unauthorised use of information. Some of what is posted here is the effect of somebody's work (like finding old pictures for comparison) and some douchebag gets the money for it. That is not right.

That article got its information from a member that posted here yesterday, so take it with a big grain of salt.

It is from my post. Jesus fucking christ what a ridiculous excuse for a journalist. I even made several disclaimers in my own post about the reliability of the information, which came from a Brazilian journalist. The idiot just picked it up, didn't even bother to change a few words and posted it as news.

It's funny how Brazilian jouranlists often come out of their caves to spread bullshit about GNR. Manets always posts some info he gets from this Brazilian guy who is realible and knows stuff :lol:

I mean, how could they possibly know what's going on in GNR? It's completely impossible to tell what songs they're rehearsing or what their plans are, unless you're Axl, Slash or Duff. I don't understand why people trust these people and even spread their false info to other fans. :(

It's funny how Brazilian jouranlists often come out of their caves to spread bullshit about GNR. Manets always posts some info he gets from this Brazilian guy who is realible and knows stuff :lol:

I mean, how could they possibly know what's going on in GNR? It's completely impossible to tell what songs they're rehearsing or what their plans are, unless you're Axl, Slash or Duff. I don't understand why people trust these people and even spread their false info to other fans. :(

To be fair though in this case nothing was unexpected; we've heard from Niven about Izzy writing for GNR, saw the photos of him with Duff recording together last August after the release of the How to be a Man EP, and the Mates studio stuff we figured out from Slash's rehearsal photo. So there's nothing really crazy in there.

And after we got news in 2013/4 of Duff McKagan's passport applications/visas from South American sources, I'll believe anything:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206427-duff-mckagan-in-guns-n-roses-buenos-aires-confirmed-by-duff/

Well, a journalist that works for a big entertainment vehicle has sources. He knows other journalists, promoters, producers, people in high places in record labels, and, in this guys case, even has previous dealings with TB and GNR.

I bet a lot people have more info about what's going on in GNR right now, but won't publish, partly because it could certainly burn bridges with important sources, partly because GNR is so volatile that trying to break any news, even if true at the time, can make any journalist look like a fool afterwards when it doesn't materialize.

Anyway, never said I trusted him, and I was very clear about where all the stuff came from. The info seems credible, then again, those answers would probably be the ones given by anybody familiar with how GNR operates, if they had to guess. I'm not trying to spread false rumours at all, I'm just sharing it because we are not exactly drowning in stuff to talk about, and by the looks of it this is how things will be until Coachella.

I just find it funny how you never see an Argentinian, Chilean, South African, Japanese, etc. journalist sharing exclusive GNR info, it's always a Brazilian one. Just find it really funny.

I mean, it does make sense; somebody in Team Brazil talks to a friend in Brazil, word gets around, etc. It's like how Fernando was allegedly responsible for some of the ChiDem leaks which made their way to Brazilian and Portuguese fans and hoarders.