GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I just find it funny how you never see an Argentinian, Chilean, South African, Japanese, etc. journalist sharing exclusive GNR info, it's always a Brazilian one. Just find it really funny.

I mean, it does make sense; somebody in Team Brazil talks to a friend in Brazil, word gets around, etc. It's like how Fernando was allegedly responsible for some of the ChiDem leaks which made their way to Brazilian and Portuguese fans and hoarders.

Yeah :lol:

I'ts Team Brazil, after all, not Team Argentina, Team Chile, Team South Africa etc...

But I do see your point, yes. It is bizarre.

I just find it funny how you never see an Argentinian, Chilean, South African, Japanese, etc. journalist sharing exclusive GNR info, it's always a Brazilian one. Just find it really funny.

I mean, it does make sense; somebody in Team Brazil talks to a friend in Brazil, word gets around, etc. It's like how Fernando was allegedly responsible for some of the ChiDem leaks which made their way to Brazilian and Portuguese fans and hoarders.

Yeah :lol:

I'ts Team Brazil, after all, not Team Argentina, Team Chile, Team South Africa etc...

But I do see your point, yes. It is bizarre.

But this happened even before TB took over. During the Merck days there was always some guy in Brazil making up stuff about GNR, Axl, reunion, etc. Manets can confirm that.

Well, this seems to be an isolated case.

Yes, Billboard and everyone else was basically quoting each other there for a while, but none of them ever used fan forums as a source.

This one particular website seems to be so hard up for clicks that they continually resort to quoting our users openly stated rumors are fact.

That particular website isn't professional at all. When the GN'R holiday card was released (and then deleted), they did an article about how one of the people on the card had leaked some songs. And from the way they wrote it, they made it sound like it was me. I'm not that difficult to track, and I received all sorts of messages, some of them quite unpleasant. Had to actually write the guy who wrote the piece to get it corrected.

If the band were more open and clear about their plans and stopped this Area 51/Us against the world stupid behavior, these bad journalists wouldn't even have the chance to spread their bullshit. I don't see other fanbases having problems with AN.

If the band were more open and clear about their plans and stopped this Area 51/Us against the world stupid behavior, these bad journalists wouldn't even have the chance to spread their bullshit. I don't see other fanbases having problems with AN.

You'll get no argument from me regarding how the band is handled in general. 90% of how they're handled is wrong. I gave 4% for the billboards and 6% for the Star Wars trailers.

It still doesn't mean that AN should quote user rumors as fact though.

• Like 1

The Star Wars trailers were the only real positive to come from this. That was awesome, unexpected, and GREAT marketing. Everything else thats happened has shown the Star Wars thing was probably a fluke and was also meant to be fucked up, and Team Brazil screwed up and accidentally made that bit of marketing correct. The other 90% was still by their standards.

• Like 1

From Ultimate Classic Rock on Pitman's tweets:

The veil of secrecy surrounding the shows is starting to look a little silly, though, and Pitman’s willingness to engage in a little public eye-rolling suggests we may be in for some good old-fashioned GNR drama whenever the band officially moves back into gear.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris-pitman-gnr-deleted-tweets/

There are tons and tons of bands who do not provide much information to fans and whose fans don't collectively lose it speculating. I've never encountered this with another fanbase the way it is here. There seems to be an expectation that management of this band should be constantly updating the fans on everything that goes on. I shudder to think what these people would do if Guns N Roses were a band existing in the 1970s instead of the 90s/00s.

I get that they probably spent a TON of money on those billboards and the Star Wars promos, but I sincerely hope that someone involved with this understands by now that more promotion is going to be required.

Well I was looking forward to the Jimmy Kimmel Interview........

They should do some interviews together. April is too far away to see them together.

My guess (and this is 100% a guess, based on NO "insider info" whatsoever) is that the pic of Axl is what caused the cancelation. He probably saw the backlash and decided (hopefully) to get serious about getting into shape for a couple weeks before he makes any public appearances.

I believe this too!

I just wish he would grow a beard!! He looks bad ass with a beard and shades, not his bright red botox bloated face :)

I get that they probably spent a TON of money on those billboards and the Star Wars promos, but I sincerely hope that someone involved with this understands by now that more promotion is going to be required.

Well I was looking forward to the Jimmy Kimmel Interview........

They should do some interviews together. April is too far away to see them together.

My guess (and this is 100% a guess, based on NO "insider info" whatsoever) is that the pic of Axl is what caused the cancelation. He probably saw the backlash and decided (hopefully) to get serious about getting into shape for a couple weeks before he makes any public appearances.

I believe this too!

I just wish he would grow a beard!! He looks bad ass with a beard and shades, not his bright red botox bloated face :)

I had a feeling that the 'unresolved issues' were over how many chins would be involved in the reunion. Personally I could live with the original plus two from NUGUNS days. Any more would just be superfluous to the GNR sound.

• Like 2

Can we have a strictly inside joke thread where we post the most insane fake rumors and see if we get an internet article?

Count me in.

I'll be Roberto, the brazilian journalist

I shall be Femke, Dutch music reporter/occasional groupie (well, I am Dutch, after all).

• Like 1

What do you think about this?

Slick earbuds will let Coachella attendees experience the festival in a brand new way

Attendees at this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will have the ability to experience the festival in a whole new way, thanks to some cutting-edge technology.

Goldenvoice — the people behind Coachella — are partnering Silicon Valley with Silicon Valley startup Doppler Labs to bring the Here Active Listening System to the masses.

Here — which raised more than $600,000 on Kickstarter last year — is an in-ear audio system that uses wireless earbuds and an app on your phone to control and personalize a live-audio environment.

The idea is that the earbuds — which are kind of like high-tech hearing aids — can be used to modify the sounds in your physical environment. This can mean eliminating background sounds, raising the bass, adjusting reverb or creating other sonic experiences.

Coachella attendees will be the first people outside of Kickstarter to have the opportunity to purchase Here and use it at the festival. Attendees will get an email with a purchase offer before Coachella begins and will receive Here in advance to get used to the setup.

At Coachella, there will be optimized stages for Here, with presets attendees can use to listen to music in brand new ways. Here will also have tents and demonstration booths at Coachella to show attendees who didn't purchase Hear what the experience is all about.

Full article: http://mashable.com/2016/01/13/coachella-here-earbuds/#hL8Eyf9eFSqg

Here_Products-edit2.jpg

What do you think about this?

Slick earbuds will let Coachella attendees experience the festival in a brand new way

Attendees at this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will have the ability to experience the festival in a whole new way, thanks to some cutting-edge technology.

Goldenvoice the people behind Coachella are partnering Silicon Valley with Silicon Valley startup Doppler Labs to bring the Here Active Listening System to the masses.

Here which raised more than $600,000 on Kickstarter last year is an in-ear audio system that uses wireless earbuds and an app on your phone to control and personalize a live-audio environment.

The idea is that the earbuds which are kind of like high-tech hearing aids can be used to modify the sounds in your physical environment. This can mean eliminating background sounds, raising the bass, adjusting reverb or creating other sonic experiences.

Coachella attendees will be the first people outside of Kickstarter to have the opportunity to purchase Here and use it at the festival. Attendees will get an email with a purchase offer before Coachella begins and will receive Here in advance to get used to the setup.

At Coachella, there will be optimized stages for Here, with presets attendees can use to listen to music in brand new ways. Here will also have tents and demonstration booths at Coachella to show attendees who didn't purchase Hear what the experience is all about.

Full article: http://mashable.com/2016/01/13/coachella-here-earbuds/#hL8Eyf9eFSqg

Here_Products-edit2.jpg

Neat idea I guess, but no real interest seeing as how I plan on being front row.

If they weren't massively expensive it's something I'd look into. You'd be able to hear everything clearly and at your own volume level. I've already screwed up my hearing enough...

Now we just need someone to hack into it and record it, especially if they aren't going to live stream (which is definitely a possibility).

If they weren't massively expensive it's something I'd look into. You'd be able to hear everything clearly and at your own volume level. I've already screwed up my hearing enough...

Now we just need someone to hack into it and record it, especially if they aren't going to live stream (which is definitely a possibility).

It's been done before, that's how we've ended up with a few In-Ear-Monitor recordings. Hopefully someone is going with a receiver, shouldn't be too hard to figure out the frequency if they're using it for these?

Fernando had nothing to do with that.