GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

How hard will it be to bite your tongue when the hipsters talk about GNR to their hipster friends and say outrageous stuff like they know what the hell they are talking about.

Oh never mind, that happens all the time here lol..

Gnr will be fine, 2013 Guns went to the governors ball and the audience was great! People get so drunk by the time the headliner hits that it's a blast either way.

If the band were more open and clear about their plans and stopped this Area 51/Us against the world stupid behavior, these bad journalists wouldn't even have the chance to spread their bullshit. I don't see other fanbases having problems with AN.

There are tons and tons of bands who do not provide much information to fans and whose fans don't collectively lose it speculating. I've never encountered this with another fanbase the way it is here. There seems to be an expectation that management of this band should be constantly updating the fans on everything that goes on. I shudder to think what these people would do if Guns N Roses were a band existing in the 1970s instead of the 90s/00s.

Bands in the 1970s were releasing approximately one album per year. Guns N' Roses have released one album in twenty-four years (and still increasing). Big difference!!

If Guns were operating like the other rock bands in the 1970s (e.g. Stones, Zeppelin, Who, Floyd, Aerosmith, Kiss), there would be no reason to speculate on management since everything would be operating how it should. Irrespective of quality, there would be nothing to speculate or complain about as we would know we would get our album and see the band live within approximately a yearly interval.

PS

Or to put it another way, we would be too buys enjoying/critiquing/dissecting the new album, to concern ourselves with management. That is how it should be.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Fuck, I'm taking heat for posting that bit from the Brazilian journalist. Just thought I'd share, it was an elevator conversation, didn't mean anything by it, not making claims at all.

The problem with all these inside sources is that they never tell us anything that already isn't known. Or that isn't a logical deduction.

Just once it would be nice to be told something that a real insider would actually know. A long time ago before CD was released a guy started an account and posted lyrics to a cd song.

But all the insiders on this forum never come up with something that turns out to be a true fact that we didn't already know.

The band is rehearsing without Axl. That's an easy thing to say. Want to prove it? Tell us who. Don't just say Slash and Duff.

Anybody can say Frank and Fortus are probably in. And maybe izzy and Stevie.

Please. Don't pretend or even tell us you are an insider or your friend is an insider unless you can actually share something that we don't already know.

Fuck, I'm taking heat for posting that bit from the Brazilian journalist. Just thought I'd share, it was an elevator conversation, didn't mean anything by it, not making claims at all.

I appreciated reading it.

And apparently, so did several "journalists". Seriously guys... at least give me a byline so I can have 5 minutes of internet fame. :lol:

something interesting regarding tool and their managing of pr.

guess GN'R isnt the only band like this

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/how-tool-built-an-empire-out-of-silence/

That's the classic Radiohead case, at least in the beginning. "We don't talk to press. Ergo, we are not commercial". So a lot of people looking for those artist who avoid market (as if that were somehow related to artist quality) go and buy millions of copies.

In Argentina same happened with a band called Los Redondos. They used to play live randomly, didn't talk to press, so there was a lot of mysticism around the band.

Never understood the hate for CD... It's still GNR to me goddamint lol

It's a guns n roses album. It just has only axl and dizzy. Some people don't think that's enough apparently..

Guns n Roses became the name of Axl's solo project. Like Trent has NIN, Maynard has Puscifer, etc.

So yeah, there's Guns n Roses written on the cover but it's not the band, it's Axl's solo project. Now old Guns n Roses is back and I hope they don't play songs from Axl's project because they are very bad.

• Like 1

Never understood the hate for CD... It's still GNR to me goddamint lol

It's a guns n roses album. It just has only axl and dizzy. Some people don't think that's enough apparently..

Guns n Roses became the name of Axl's solo project. Like Trent has NIN, Maynard has Puscifer, etc.

So yeah, there's Guns n Roses written on the cover but it's not the band, it's Axl's solo project. Now old Guns n Roses is back and I hope they don't play songs from Axl's project because they are very bad.

They may want to though. Duff said on the Jericho podcast how he liked playing the songs, noting catcher in the rye as the one that reall "caught his eye". We'll see if they do but I believe it to be entirely possible, knowing how much axl spent to make the record under the name "guns n roses" qualifies it to be under the same collection as the rest of the songs.

Personally, after hearing ashba butcher a song like this I love, it'd be cool to her slashs take on the solo. I think he'd make ashba look like a puppy compared to the big dogs.

something interesting regarding tool and their managing of pr.

guess GN'R isnt the only band like this

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/01/how-tool-built-an-empire-out-of-silence/

That's the classic Radiohead case, at least in the beginning. "We don't talk to press. Ergo, we are not commercial". So a lot of people looking for those artist who avoid market (as if that were somehow related to artist quality) go and buy millions of copies.

In Argentina same happened with a band called Los Redondos. They used to play live randomly, didn't talk to press, so there was a lot of mysticism around the band.

Never heard of that band before.. or do you mean Patricio Rey y sus redonditos de ricota?

I fail to see the Tool "empire". But i get the point. Still there's an abyss between Tool and GNR.

If the band were more open and clear about their plans and stopped this Area 51/Us against the world stupid behavior, these bad journalists wouldn't even have the chance to spread their bullshit. I don't see other fanbases having problems with AN.

There are tons and tons of bands who do not provide much information to fans and whose fans don't collectively lose it speculating. I've never encountered this with another fanbase the way it is here. There seems to be an expectation that management of this band should be constantly updating the fans on everything that goes on. I shudder to think what these people would do if Guns N Roses were a band existing in the 1970s instead of the 90s/00s.

Like who? Can you name a couple other major bands that don't keep their fans updated. At least occasionally.

And during a time period that some people are calling the biggest reunion in history.

And when did anybody - name one person - say they wanted "constant" updates? How about one per year. Maybe go out on a limb and give two per year. One every six months.

You think fans are out of order for wanting an update after three members quit. Two ex members confirm they are back. And the band is headlong a major fesitval. All that has happened in the last year. Without a single update.

U2 released an album last year. I just read an interview with Bono talking about how the band has been in the studio and have recorded 18 songs. And they plan to weed it down to the best 12 for a release this year. That's a band that released something last year. Already sharing updates with their fans

GnR last album was seven years ago. Three members quit. Two legendary members return. Nobody knows if Izzy, Adler, Sorum are involved. Rumors even have an ex-VR guitar player joining. Possibly the biggest reunion in rock history. Axl cancels a tv appearance with one days notice. NOT one word from the GnR camp except a picture of a festival with them headlining.

Who is in the band?

Will they tour?

Are they going to release a new album?

Simple things they can address or touch on. Those answers won't hurt the band. Fans would go crazy.

The way some people justify everything Axl does, even when it's clearly wrong, is amazing.

Lol.

Please, Apollo, seriously? You trying to be rational with an Axl fan? :lol:

Like who? Can you name a couple other major bands that don't keep their fans updated. At least occasionally.

And during a time period that some people are calling the biggest reunion in history.

And when did anybody - name one person - say they wanted "constant" updates? How about one per year. Maybe go out on a limb and give two per year. One every six months.

You think fans are out of order for wanting an update after three members quit. Two ex members confirm they are back. And the band is headlong a major fesitval. All that has happened in the last year. Without a single update.

U2 released an album last year. I just read an interview with Bono talking about how the band has been in the studio and have recorded 18 songs. And they plan to weed it down to the best 12 for a release this year. That's a band that released something last year. Already sharing updates with their fans

GnR last album was seven years ago. Three members quit. Two legendary members return. Nobody knows if Izzy, Adler, Sorum are involved. Rumors even have an ex-VR guitar player joining. Possibly the biggest reunion in rock history. Axl cancels a tv appearance with one days notice. NOT one word from the GnR camp except a picture of a festival with them headlining.

Who is in the band?

Will they tour?

Are they going to release a new album?

Simple things they can address or touch on. Those answers won't hurt the band. Fans would go crazy.

The way some people justify everything Axl does, even when it's clearly wrong, is amazing.

Lol.

Please, Apollo, seriously? You trying to be rational with an Axl fan? :lol:

I'm not an Axl fan.

I think one just died.

And it seems like this band keeps their fans updated occasionally. Whether the definition of occasionally is enough for you might be different than for me.

The way some people dismiss all other opinion as being because they're an "Axl fan" or an Axl apologist, even when that is not the case, is amazing.

Edited by thewolfshead

wolfshead, when you say things like this:

There seems to be an expectation that management of this band should be constantly updating the fans on everything that goes on.

Expect to be seen as a crazy Axl lunatic fan. Constantly updating? Nobody ever asked for that. It takes Axl 30 sec to tweet about news, plans, etc. Fernando has been working hard to give the fans information like it's something really hard to do. Don't you see the fans' side on this?

Tool never updates the fans and yes, the lose their shit.

NIN used to be like this and there were thousands of jokes about Trent always using the "soon" word.

Fans like to read news about artists they like. Don't be so hard on the fans. Unless they are acting in an unhealthy way (like returning a book to Canter personally) it's all cool. This is a place for discussion but you have to agree with me, GNR fans are just frustrated and fed up with the lack of news, music, anything relevant... Be sure that if GNR adapts itself to the internet age, most complaints will end.

To be fair, it is much more than three hours of work since they need to get prepared and all. Still though, I'm not denying that this sum of money for two shows sounds just ridiculous...