GN'R reuniting! What's your thoughts Marc?

31illusions

I hope you are invited Marc, you are a big part of the history, I hope now you and Axl sort out your differences, You were right when you said things have gotten better when Del tweeted Slash.

If this thing was happening, then why was Fernando/TB so against the Uproxx Doc? I remember you mentioning that they called you about it.

Marc will you be at Coachella?

If Im invited, I would love to go but would only go for one night not both but I wouldn't want to be there if I'm not wanted. Also there is a really good Italian restaurant out there called Albertoes its on Highway 111 in Rancho Mirage. I would love to eat dinner there and then see the band making MONEY on the stage headlining where they belong.

There, i fixed that for you.

Chinese Democracy, now that's magic.

Maybe you should join another forum. This band isn't for you.

Edited by cooker

What do you think about it not involving all original members? Or just what do you plain think about it being a hybrid? It has people torn thinking Axl's people shouldn't be in at all. Most preferring Sorum if Adler can't be trusted. You probably can't, but boy would I love to hear your thoughts about the lineu

The old band partnership is owned by Axl, Slash, and Duff. When Steven got fired he was also bought out at that time and Izzy walked away in 1991 i think because he didn't want to be named in all the lawsuits that were coming in and a few other things that were going on at the time.

So what you see going on now is the old partnership working together again. Those 3 guys still own the name and logo to the old band. Now that they are starting to book gigs, maybe they will work out something with Steven like a 45 min set or so of AFD songs maybe even Civil War too. We all know that Steven would climb a mountain to be able to be on stage with thoses guys again and at the same time Steven adds a lot more value to the gig. I hope that Izzy will come out but you can't really depend on Izzy to show up all the time. However if they start puting together new songs, I think Izzy would help out for that. Last time I talked to Izzy was 9 years ago and at that time he was very much into getting the old band back together but I don't know how he feels about touring now. These are just my thought and I have not talked to any of the guys in the band about what going on right now. I think many people already know this stuff anyway.

Thanks Marc for all the info. It's a pleasure reading your answers.

• Like 1

Marc, we really appreciate you answering our questions and offering your opinions on things. All the best to you!

The band and you should work on a 30 year anniversery issue of AFD, including your book in some sort of box set. Team Brazil, I know you read this! Make it happen.

It's been 4-5 days when the announcement of GNR at Coachella came out and still we have no single comment about the case from Matt, Steven or Izzy. I guess all kind of journalists are trying to reach them every second but, obviously, they don't want to answer. Here's my question, what do you think about it? Why the "missing three" plead the fifth for so long?

Marc, what's your take on Niven claiming that the "regrouped" line-up will put out a new studio record featuring writing and recording contributions from Izzy? Not to mention the fact that he also claims Iz will make frequent guest appearances on the alleged tour. Do you think he's being legit about all that, and if so, how excited are you?