I hope they finally do some Spaghetti songs live.

So I'm really digging The Spaghetti Incident right now (such a criminally underrated album) and it got me thinking.. how awesome would it be watching Axl, Slash and Duff bust out Human Being, Down On The Farm or Since I Don't Have You? I also hope Duff gets a solo spot to do New Rose or Raw Power. It'd be a great way to make the stale GNR setlist a bit more interesting, performing these songs they never did live back in the day!

They need to come up with something, especially seeing as most if not all CD-era material is unlikely to be included. So it's either 2 new songs (unlikely), VR covers or a few deep cuts, and it don't get much deeper than TSI?.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

M at Truth is saying there'll be a few new songs.

Why wouldn't they play some Chinese stuff? IT's fair to say that keeping a 3-guitar lineup would be partly, if not mainly, in order to play either Chinese or other newer songs that require it.

It's safe to say we will never hear Sorry, Madagascar, Scraped or Prostitute again for obvious reasons. And I don't think anyone who's currently in the conversation could actually replicate some of the Bucket/Ron parts.

But there's no reason we wont hear things like SOD, Catcher, TIL, and IRS which are closer to traditional Guns. And I don't see why Slash would have a problem playing a few of them anymore than Duff did.

Edited by Jordan Rose

Why wouldn't they play some Chinese stuff? IT's fair to say that keeping a 3-guitar lineup would be partly, if not mainly, in order to play either Chinese or other newer songs that require it.

It's safe to say we will never hear Sorry, Madagascar, Scraped or Prostitute again for obvious reasons. And I don't think anyone who's currently in the conversation could actually replicate some of the Bucket/Ron parts.

But there's no reason we wont hear things like SOD, Catcher, TIL, and IRS which are closer to traditional Guns. And I don't see why Slash would have a problem playing a few of them anymore than Duff did.

I actually saw one guy on here saying in all seriousness that he hoped to see Slash's take on Bucket's Sorry solo. Lol.

You guys suck. So you'd rather see KOHD and LALD for the trillionth time over Human Being or Down On The Farm? When did GNR fans become such fucking pussies? :lol:

Genuinely, I'd love to hear Richard's version of KOHD with Slash soloing over it.

Their styles would complement each other so well.

You guys suck. So you'd rather see KOHD and LALD for the trillionth time over Human Being or Down On The Farm? When did GNR fans become such fucking pussies? :lol:

The GNR rendition of KOHD is a way heavier hitter than any of those tracks, and though I am indeed sick to death of that song it's not like we've had Axl and Slash playing it over and over for the past 20 years, no?

Why? Axl has said that Sorry wasn't about the old band – it was pretty emphatically a response to the fans and management who wanted him to "shut up and sing". If Madagascar's about the old band, it's very oblique – and it'd be a good opportunity for Richard to take a solo spot, since he's done that before. Scraped... yeah, no. And Prostitute is less about the old band than it is about Axl's determination to not sell out. I think pretty much anything from Chinese Democracy is up for grabs, apart from maybe Shackler's, Scraped and Riad.

I actually saw one guy on here saying in all seriousness that he hoped to see Slash's take on Bucket's Sorry solo. Lol.

Well maybe if Axl has convinced Slash that it isn't about him then why not?! I'm still not buying it, though.

It's harder to live with the truth about you

Than to live with the lies about me

Why? Axl has said that Sorry wasn't about the old band – it was pretty emphatically a response to the fans and management who wanted him to "shut up and sing". If Madagascar's about the old band, it's very oblique – and it'd be a good opportunity for Richard to take a solo spot, since he's done that before. Scraped... yeah, no. And Prostitute is less about the old band than it is about Axl's determination to not sell out. I think pretty much anything from Chinese Democracy is up for grabs, apart from maybe Shackler's, Scraped and Riad.

I don't believe Axl. He himself told the story of Slash and Duff telling him to "just shut up and sing."

It doesn't really matter though, I agree to disagree. Point is, yes, Chinese is up for grabs bar a few things.

Sorry, Towelie, getting way OT.

The GNR rendition of KOHD is a way heavier hitter than any of those tracks, and though I am indeed sick to death of that song it's not like we've had Axl and Slash playing it over and over for the past 20 years, no?

We do have plenty of amazing performances from them on YouTube. I would rather see them play songs that didn't get much attention in the old days, such as Locomotive or Don't Damn Me.

• Like 1

We do have plenty of amazing performances from them on YouTube. I would rather see them play songs that didn't get much attention in the old days, such as Locomotive or Don't Damn Me.

Yeah man, I'd like those songs too but there's just NO FUCKING WAY Axl is going to be able to sing Locomotive or Don't Damn Me...both train wrecks waiting to happen (pardon the pun).

I'd prefer as few covers as possible, and as far as the covers go I think KOHD is the strongest, and LALD is ahead of any of the ones from TSI? too, in my opinion.

Many of you probably won't understand, but I'm ready to hear KOHD - never again...it was just too much of it. Just like DC, NR and SCOM...

I would never get rid of their own songs from setlist, so it is obvious which song can easily go. And make some space for forgotten ones ;-)