I'm not happy about the "happy ending" Axl never "owed" anyone.

Schadenfreude Len!

It seems to me that gnr have tried to satisfy everybody but have satisfied nobody. Some want Adler. Some want Matt. Some want Izzy. Some are satisfied with Frank and Fortus. Nobody wants Pitman. Coachella is a crappy festival and overpriced.

These sorts of things are a lot more rewarding when you're not emotionally involved cuz then you see it all for the joke that it truly is. Anything that renders you incapable of seeing the funny side of life is a bad thing.

The only reason i come to this part of the forum is amusement and the only reason i know there's amusement to be found here is because GnR are the biggest cock up artists in rock history, everything they do is a disaster waiting to happen, its brilliant, its like Some Mothers Do Ave Em!

That is why I come here also. Car crash television.

And so far so funny, 'he's gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel...uh, no he's not but here's a reunion date', awaiting the next balls up now :lol:

I don't want to piss anyone off but as someone who has been a hardcore supporter of Axl's dream and vision for the past nearly two decades since the old band broke up I feel bummed out and frankly betrayed right now. And no, that isn't hyperbole.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even get much of an explanation as to why he's doing this after everything he's said over the years. It would take literally hours to read through a list of all the quotes/statements/rants by Axl about why this would never happen unless Slash publicly apologized for all the lies and legal crap etc. Moreover, we've been told time and again that he's all about musical integrity and wanted to write and perform all this new stuff. He didn't even want to "jerk off" by just playing Appetite every night back in 1992.

In some ways, the biggest high for me was when Rio/Lisboa 2004 was announced and I put my fist through the ceiling after booking tickets to see Axl, Bucket, Robin and Brain and the whole New Guns dream was 100% alive with multiple albums on the horizon and future shows focusing on new music. This announcement makes me feel the complete opposite.

On a positive note, hopefully some compromises and agreements will have been reached with "the biz" and the returning members to allow Axl to release the vault material and hopefully Bucket and Robin's stuff will have been left well alone.

Duff convinced Axl to open up with YCBM a few years ago. Hopefully he and Slash will ignite some of his old fire and inspire the sets to be more fluid and adventurous. And, just maybe, we'll get an Axl with the kind of attitude he had in '06-'10 rather than '11-'14.

But honestly, unless he is prepared to give a pretty comprehensive explanation and tell us this is going to be more than a greatest hits thing then I can't get on board.

Of course, he doesn't "owe" us an explanation. But then he didn't owe anyone their own happy ending and all the people who have shat on him, Chinese and the Chinese line-up are all getting their happy ending.

I feel sorry for you man, I'm sorry Axl crushed your dreams, but if its any consolation, he's made many many many more peoples dreams come true and made them happier with this announcement including myself and for that I am NOT sorry.

Please don't take any offense to this, but I think you're living in a dream world feeling like you're owed even though you said you understood he didn't owe you a happy ending, deep down you feel you are owed that and that's understandable, but put it this way, theres a reason why music never got done with ANY of the Chinese Democracy (NuGNR if you prefer) line ups, that reason is because you CANNOT buy chemistry between band members no matter how hard you try. Lets face it, Axl Rose with these virtuoso guitarists that only care about massaging their own ego with some of this crap they've put on records is really off putting to the rest of the band he's had, 3 guitarists in a band is like going on a date with a hot chick and her ex boy friend, theres going to be a pissing contest for sure and none of those 3 people are going to be happy, its the 3rd wheel syndrome and it isn't cohesive to writing a song or being inspired.

I'll bet more than a few times through the late 90s, 00s & 10s Axl probably said to himself on those long lonely nights in the studio "That Fucking Slash, why does he have to be such a dick, we could be making music and eating Taco Bell!" But since Axl is such a bullhead he was determined to make Lemonade out of the bitter lemons he had.

Axl didn't have to try to be good when the old band was with him and them as well, their souls just automatically created music together. The NuGNR could have released tons of music and I refuse to believe that Axl is that foolish to take so long to create a fuckin' record, he may have been a perfectionist, but he did record 5 records within 7 years and that's even with jacking off on the Illusions albums and creating his own synth symphony by hand. I don't think Axl ever felt the guys in NuGNR were a real band or a cohesive band hence why barely any music was released in 20 years.

They were all good musicians in NuGNR they just weren't a real band and they didn't gell with eachother, which is why I'm not quite following why you're so sad about the discombobulated music not being released.

You sheep do love them sellouts.

Haha, I really love this moment. This is the moment where people like you are dying of anger because Axl has decided to share stage with Slash again.

Thank you, Axl, thank you for giving me this precious moment where I get to enjoy this guy's frustration. Hahahaha :lol:

• Like 1

I don't want to piss anyone off but as someone who has been a hardcore supporter of Axl's dream and vision for the past nearly two decades since the old band broke up I feel bummed out and frankly betrayed right now. And no, that isn't hyperbole.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even get much of an explanation as to why he's doing this after everything he's said over the years. It would take literally hours to read through a list of all the quotes/statements/rants by Axl about why this would never happen unless Slash publicly apologized for all the lies and legal crap etc. Moreover, we've been told time and again that he's all about musical integrity and wanted to write and perform all this new stuff. He didn't even want to "jerk off" by just playing Appetite every night back in 1992.

In some ways, the biggest high for me was when Rio/Lisboa 2004 was announced and I put my fist through the ceiling after booking tickets to see Axl, Bucket, Robin and Brain and the whole New Guns dream was 100% alive with multiple albums on the horizon and future shows focusing on new music. This announcement makes me feel the complete opposite.

On a positive note, hopefully some compromises and agreements will have been reached with "the biz" and the returning members to allow Axl to release the vault material and hopefully Bucket and Robin's stuff will have been left well alone.

Duff convinced Axl to open up with YCBM a few years ago. Hopefully he and Slash will ignite some of his old fire and inspire the sets to be more fluid and adventurous. And, just maybe, we'll get an Axl with the kind of attitude he had in '06-'10 rather than '11-'14.

But honestly, unless he is prepared to give a pretty comprehensive explanation and tell us this is going to be more than a greatest hits thing then I can't get on board.

Of course, he doesn't "owe" us an explanation. But then he didn't owe anyone their own happy ending and all the people who have shat on him, Chinese and the Chinese line-up are all getting their happy ending.

I feel sorry for you man, I'm sorry Axl crushed your dreams, but if its any consolation, he's made many many many more peoples dreams come true and made them happier with this announcement including myself and for that I am NOT sorry.

Please don't take any offense to this, but I think you're living in a dream world feeling like you're owed even though you said you understood he didn't owe you a happy ending, deep down you feel you are owed that and that's understandable, but put it this way, theres a reason why music never got done with ANY of the Chinese Democracy (NuGNR if you prefer) line ups, that reason is because you CANNOT buy chemistry between band members no matter how hard you try. Lets face it, Axl Rose with these virtuoso guitarists that only care about massaging their own ego with some of this crap they've put on records is really off putting to the rest of the band he's had, 3 guitarists in a band is like going on a date with a hot chick and her ex boy friend, theres going to be a pissing contest for sure and none of those 3 people are going to be happy, its the 3rd wheel syndrome and it isn't cohesive to writing a song or being inspired.

I'll bet more than a few times through the late 90s, 00s & 10s Axl probably said to himself on those long lonely nights in the studio "That Fucking Slash, why does he have to be such a dick, we could be making music and eating Taco Bell!" But since Axl is such a bullhead he was determined to make Lemonade out of the bitter lemons he had.

Axl didn't have to try to be good when the old band was with him and them as well, their souls just automatically created music together. The NuGNR could have released tons of music and I refuse to believe that Axl is that foolish to take so long to create a fuckin' record, he may have been a perfectionist, but he did record 5 records within 7 years and that's even with jacking off on the Illusions albums and creating his own synth symphony by hand. I don't think Axl ever felt the guys in NuGNR were a real band or a cohesive band hence why barely any music was released in 20 years.

They were all good musicians in NuGNR they just weren't a real band and they didn't gell with eachother, which is why I'm not quite following why you're so sad about the discombobulated music not being released.

You sheep do love them sellouts.

Haha, I really love this moment. This is the moment where people like you are dying of anger because Axl has decided to share stage with Slash again.

Thank you, Axl, thank you for giving me this precious moment where I get to enjoy this guy's frustration. Hahahaha :lol:

Kanudo is Portuguese. "Sheep", does that remind you of someone? Sheep, master, prince... :lol:

I don't require you to agree with me, I'd just like you to not be a dick about disagreeing with me :P.

Aw man, you know I love you but you're really sticking your chin out for it.

For what it's worth I fully supported Axl and his New GNR thing until the dark times of 09-14.

I know you're a big Ron Thal fan, you should be happy that he is now free to do his own thing instead of being in a GNR cover band.

Well, now Slash and Duff have to deliver more than 1 cd in a decade to be considered better than the CD era. They can do this.

ummmmm, they are and always will be considered better than nugnr.

But looking forward to the next era of GNR, you would expect them to put out at least 2-3 albums every 5 years.

Pitman is vital to a reunion.

I'm not convinced they turn on his keyboard.

When they bring back Silkworms his towels will glow.

I'm kinda bummed we never got more Axl songs. I think even "Axl the solo artist" career is one of the most interesting careers that never was! Chidem was obviously his baby and it's what I imagine an Axl solo album to lean towards. It's just a pity he isn't a prolific writer like Stevie Nicks for example and release several solo albums. Now that he seems to be entering a new chapter then hopefully someday he''ll do it like a piano/acoustic guitar album or instrumental like he suggested.