Is there a real friendship between Axl n Slash? or simply business

I've come to the conclusion this is a 100% cash grab... For many years Slash and Duff said if they were going to do a reunion that they would do it right.. This is a joke..

I don't blame them for grabbing the money. Who knows, maybe it will turn out different and we get an album out of it. At a bare minimum it is good to see Axl and Slash aren't badmouthing each other in the media anymore.

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion this is a 100% cash grab... For many years Slash and Duff said if they were going to do a reunion that they would do it right.. This is a joke..

I don't blame them for grabbing the money. Who knows, maybe it will turn out different and we get an album out of it. At a bare minimum it is good to see Axl and Slash aren't badmouthing each other in the media anymore.

I don't blame them for taking the money either... Its just sad..

I'm sure it was the friendship that burned in their hearts that brought them together. They both couldn't get much sleep at night and then they both reached for the phone at the same time and tried calling eachother.

They didn't know each others phone number but the friendship in their hearts just told them what the number was and just like that it was a mutual agreement to do a few shows together.

I encourage all of you to call your old friends.

• Like 1

I'm sure it was the friendship that burned in their hearts that brought them together. They both couldn't get much sleep at night and then they both reached for the phone at the same time and tried calling eachother.

They didn't know each others phone number but the friendship in their hearts just told them what the number was and just like that it was a mutual agreement to do a few shows together.

I encourage all of you to call your old friends.

so sweet.

Duffs guest appearances at nugnr concert were pretty sober so i don't think they will fool around with slash, too. Its still very interesting how they will interact with each other. Since all of them are actually really sober it will be a different performance than 86-93

Old GNR music was written/performed while most of the members were drunk/high. It may be a struggle for them now. When Ozzy got back with Sabbath (another band who never recorded/played shows sober during their heyday) to record a new album in 2013, he started taking drugs again.

Edited by sonofnazareth

• 1 month later...

I suspected the feud was WWE scripted a bunch of times, because it never made much sense.

The issues they supposedly had, seemed so overblown.

Axl was so hateful and OTT at times. But then he's the sort of person who could just be like that, so idk.

Anyway, it's still weird to think they're now friends.

For anyone who has ever had strong feelings against someone it is easy to know how those feelings mellow out or repair themselves over time.  Things you once might have thought, time can have a way of giving you perspective.

Does that mean they have patched everything up and are friends?  I have no idea, but I don't think it would be crazy to have that happen or unrealistic.  Things change, people change.  

1 minute ago, thewolfshead said:

For anyone who has ever had strong feelings against someone it is easy to know how those feelings mellow out or repair themselves over time.  Things you once might have thought, time can have a way of giving you perspective.

Does that mean they have patched everything up and are friends?  I have no idea, but I don't think it would be crazy to have that happen or unrealistic.  Things change, people change.  

^^^^^ This!

the flip side to that too is things in that type of situation are always tenuous :(

4 minutes ago, action said:

the silence is deafening

in january i said that was a good sign. now, not so much. first gig is in less than a month and not even an axl sighting? only thing we see is a paintball machine and some guitar picks? 

I missed the pinball machine...lol

I don't think it's a cash grab

I think they're just very cautiously building this up so they don't make promises they can't keep. GNR history is filled with all sorts or promises that never eventuated... Despite being a long wait it'll probably result in less frustration. Only 31 sleeps (at most) before we get some solid answers!

I have to think there at least is some friendship that has been rekindled and a mutual respect for each other.  Otherwise, I can't see Axl giving in even for large amounts of cash.  I hope there is a definite friendship, that would be the only way that we can hope to see new music.  

A lot of band members work together but don't really hang out together.

Kiss's Gene and Paul hardly see each other if they're not writing or touring and on tour each Kiss member has his own bus.

I think as long as Axl and Slash remember this reunion is for the fans and tons of money, they will tolerate each other.

I think Slash is more agreeable than Axl would be. Since the tour will consist of music that's already written and recorded they won't be arguing on music.

Onstage there will be lots of other musicians Axl can turn too other than Slash or Axl will walk off like he does when Bumblefoot and Ashba did their guitar solos.

I think the stage will be big enough for Slash and Axl to share for 2 hours.

As for hanging out socially, I don't see Axl hanging out with any of the band members that much.

I have no idea what their friendship is like, if there's one at all to even talk about.

I do care if there's just a working relationship though. VH with DLR is all well and good, but when I read interviews and they are all sniping at each other, it kinda bursts the bubble on the whole 'good times vibe' that they preach.

I don't need or care for them to be hanging by the pool in their own time, do as you please! But I don't want them on the road, not talking to each other and living completely separate lives until stage time. If that's the case why did they split for 20yrs? They could have easily coexisted and just avoided each other like so many other bands.

I would like to see them interviewed together where things are not tense, where they can at least joke about the break up and show us that things have actually simmered and this isn't just for the millions and millions of $$$.

I don't mind them doing it for money, who wouldn't!? But I have problems with them throwing their legacy and their credibility away on a reunion for the sake of a reunion and the as Almighty dollar. 

If it's not for the right reason I stand by original opinion, that the reunion should be left alone, letting the legacy live on strong and untarnished.