if reunion, is Myles Kennedy out of work?

whatashame

Way before he worked with Slash, he was in a band called Alter Bridge and he has been touring and working with them since many years now. They will work on their album, release it and tour.

He is a talented guy. He will tour with Slash in 2017.

He's not "out of work." Slash can play Coachella and then return to playing a few shows with Kennedy. The mindset of a musician being in "one band" or only playing with one set of fellow musicians is dead. Slash is a well-known guitarist. He can make short-term contracts to play live venues with 100 different artists, if he wants.

Hardly.

He is recording a new album with Alter Bridge right now, and has a solo album in the tank ready to release if he ever gets free time.

Slash and Myles may be on hiatus, but at some point down the road I am sure they will find their way back to each other. Slash is too much a workaholic to spend forever doing the Axl work schedule, and will want to create again at some point.

yea I know he does Alter Bridge. I have seen them live a few times.

but what I wanted to ask for, rather than avoid hitting Myles' wiki page, was

- has he or anyone from Alter Bridge or Conspirations commented anyting?

i.e.

"hey this is Alter Bridge, now that we don't share Myles we annouce all those ambitious plans"

or

"hi, this is Todd Kerns blog. I'm back to playn Sin City Sinners each tuesday night. Drop by, bring food"

Tremonti has May-June booked for a solo tour, so probably a new AB record will be recorded this spring with a fall release/tour. But I hope Myles just takes it easy for a while, he's been going non stop for the last five years so he deserves extended time off

i.e.

"hey this is Alter Bridge, now that we don't share Myles we annouce all those ambitious plans"

or

"hi, this is Todd Kerns blog. I'm back to playn Sin City Sinners each tuesday night. Drop by, bring food"

Hard to say. Myles doesn't do too many interviews on tour, due to preserving his voice and all, so we haven't heard anything from him regarding GNR stuff. Last interview, I've heard from him was when they were in India and the bulk of it was comparing him working with AB to him being with Slash. I don't think he's got a problem with GNR reuniting. He didn't seem to have any problems when Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, Brian Marshall went back to Creed in 2009 (and this was before he worked with Slash and he was working on his solo album during that time).

For all intents and purposes to answer the OP question, he is not out of work. He will be working with Alter Bridge for their 5th album from around mid-January to April. Won't be released until the fall, though I do hear that they may actually start their tour in late summer in the states as oppose to mid-fall in Europe like they usually do.

Hopefully, during the summer, he can get that solo album out and do a small acoustic tour in the states. I'd watch it over a reunited GNR.

Edited by Anguyen92

Tremonti has May-June booked for a solo tour, so probably a new AB record will be recorded this spring with a fall release/tour. But I hope Myles just takes it easy for a while, he's been going non stop for the last five years so he deserves extended time off

If anything Myles will probably benefit most from this as he may have some more time to spend with his beautiful wife

Slash's profile is going back to the top of the business again, it should drag some new fans into his solo stuff - this could actually bump up Myles' career...

Not necessarily, it's not always a guarantee that "former x bandmate of certain huge band reunites with said huge band" equals huge exposure for other members' projects of "x bandmate"'s other band. I'm sure some Creed fans actually thought that when Creed reunited in 2009, Alter Bridge was going to get a major bump in popularity because of that. (Not saying Creed reuniting is the same level of GNR reuniting, but I got to use some sort of reference of similarity here.) Where was I? Oh yeah, AB didn't get a major bump in popularity due to the Creed reunion, and my ego tells me that I don't think Myles working with Slash was a major factor in it as well (it helps, but it's not a major factor). It's more of Alter Bridge moving to a record label that is willing to market them as they are (instead of what projects the members of the band are/were in) that got them to their highest peak of popularity, thus far, imo.

Then again, Myles' name value did go up a bunch with whole the Led Zeppelin guys wanting to work with him that didn't work out for various reasons and of course, him working with Slash, so yeah.

Anyways, whatashame asked for it and here's an answer. Here's Todd Kern's thoughts on the events that have occurred in the last month or so (Weiland passing, Lemmy passing, GNR reunion etc.)

http://www.toddkerns.com/blog/?p=560

Here are the main points regarding the GNR reunion that I saw on Ultimate-Guitar.

In related news, Slash's bassist Todd Kerns revealed that a "semi-reunion" has been known among the guitarist's inner circle "for a long time," giving his boss strong support to "wholeheartedly to dive into this experience."

Todd noted on his official site: "For a long time now, we, Conspirators, have been personally made aware that the regrouping of one of the most important brotherhoods in music history was underway.

"With Myles returning to a new chapter of Alter Bridge, the door has opened for any number of circumstances and the semi-reunion of Guns N' Roses is one of the most exciting byproducts thereof.

"Now, I know a guy and I hope to see this reformed unit in person. The effect of 'Appetite for Destruction' is in my very DNA. It changed so much for me. It changed so much for most of us who love rock and roll.

"As Slash's bro, I think this is a very exciting and important chapter for him to embark on. I support him wholeheartedly to dive into this experience, but as his friend, I would support him if he decided to walk away from music and live among Buddhist monks in Nepal.

"That's what bros do. How it affects me really isn't the point. This thing is bigger than all of us. I think it is a healthy thing for the individuals involved as well as the great gift they are giving to the world. I accept that gift thankfully."

Edited by Anguyen92

Myles isnt out of work- the cat is the hardest working singer in the business- Alterbridge is gonna make a bitchin new album and then when that cycle is over -Slash the conspirators will make theirs - which is gonna be killer- Gnr will rule 2016 and 2017 and beyond

i.e.

or

Yes, Todd did write about this topic and yes, the Conspirators knew about the reunion for months and no, Myles was not laid off by Slash and no, Myles is not outof a job by any means. If anything, it's a well deserved rest.