Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

And I'm sure Izzy was offered the job. But let's be serious: there's no way he'd pull off a tour or even Coachella.

The man is quite happy not being in the spotlight.

If they can finalize a deal with Adler for a guest appearance, I think Izzy will jump on board to play the same part of the show as Adler.

In reading back to Axls 2011 interview with the LA Times this lineup kind of coincides with what he was saying at that time, so i guess it makes sense. He said then it would just be Slash and Duff really. Saying Steven is pretty much a headache and Izzy's Izzy.

In reading back to Axls 2011 interview with the LA Times this lineup kind of coincides with what he was saying at that time, so i guess it makes sense. He said then it would just be Slash and Duff really. Saying Steven is pretty much a headache and Izzy's Izzy.

It's exactly what he said then. The seeds were planted.

Full reunion = Not in this lifetime.

But then again like when soon was the word:

Can't really understand why so many people are opting for Matt. Matt was a hired hand, never contributed anything and the way his drums sounded on the UYI tour was horrific.No feel for the songs at all. I consider the image talk absurd but since it was brought up, well, imagewise he was the odd one out. Everyone there was beautiful back then and Matt was ugly as shit and looking like a toothless village grandmother of 60.

All he had to himself was a very loud mouth and entirely unjustified feeling of self-importance. Guess he thought he was a real GNR member and that was delusional. Yeah, he was inducted in the HOF but his and Gilby's induction is something I will never understand.

• Like 2

I hope the guys realize how lucky they are, I mean no matter how bitter their breakup was they all went on to do what they love.

Axl got to fully build a band, control every last decision and make the album he wanted to make. The guy continued to party, probably has some great friends in Hollywood and seems to enjoy his life more now than in the 90's.

Slash- he got to take over the creative aspect of his music career, he made multiple albums, reformed in a band, won a Grammy and has become an iconic figure in rock. He can work with almost any artist he wants and gets to continue doing what he loves, he's his own boss. He's sober now and seems to be living a hectic and productive life...just what he wanted.

Duff- he went back to college, got a degree, made some great financial decisions and has built his own bands as well as be a part of a few others. He gets to do what he wants and he's cleaned up his life. He has a great wife, kids and is probably a happy guy.

They all went on to do great things and do it how they wanted to, now the opportunity is here for them to give back to the fans that made it all possible and despite differences they are going to make it happen again, I'm looking forward to seeing these guys take one more run on top of the world.

Hopefully this run is everything we ever imagined it could be.

Can't really understand why so many people are opting for Matt. Matt was a hired hand, never contributed anything and the way his drums sounded on the UYI tour was horrific.No feel for the songs at all. I consider the image talk absurd but since it was brought up, well, imagewise he was the odd one out. Everyone there was beautiful back then and Matt was ugly as shit and looking like a toothless village grandmother of 60.

All he had to himself was a very loud mouth and entirely unjustified feeling of self-importance. Guess he thought he was a real GNR member and that was delusional.

100% truth right here. Matt's most memorable moment is the YCBM intro and he didn't even write it, Duff did! The only real drummer of GN'R will always be Steven. His drumming on Appetite blended perfectly with everyone else. Pure magic.

Edited by GNRfan2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GySgwfYOOA

Full reunion = Not in this lifetime.

But then again like when soon was the word:

https://youtu.be/omKhZsbk134?t=11

Yeah everyones seen that. People's thoughts/beliefs change over time, Axl Rose is no exception. Hes a human being just like everyone else. The 2011 qoute i think was him actually considering in his head what a "reunion" would be, and that is essentially what we're getting it looks like. Maybe with an Izzy/Steven appearance here and there.

Id love for Izzy and Steven, Izzy especially, to be back full time. But i am happy that at least Axl/Slash/Duff will be sharing the stage again and hopefully putting some new music out in the future!!

Edited by ChineseIRS

All he had to himself was a very loud mouth and entirely unjustified feeling of self-importance. Guess he thought he was a real GNR member and that was delusional. Yeah, he was inducted in the HOF but his and Gilby's induction is something I will never understand.

I'm not even a big fan of Sorum but this is clearly bollocks. He played on twenty-six original studio songs and fourteen studio cover songs, a bigger contribution than any drummer in Guns N' Roses's history, and played 194 shows on the mammoth Use Your Illusion World Tour! Additionally, Gilby was never inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I think it's a foregone conclusion, if this lineup goes on tour then Izzy will make surprise appearances along the way.

My thoughts too... Izzy is gonna make some shows and play with them... For a couple of songs, you will have the AFD line up (BTW not the founding line up) which will be fucking awesome...

I'm not even a big fan of Sorum but this is clearly bollocks. He played on twenty-six original studio songs and fourteen studio cover songs, a bigger contribution than any drummer in Guns N' Roses's history, and played 194 shows on the mammoth Use Your Illusion World Tour! Additionally, Gilby was never inducted in the Hall of Fame.

So he played drums that were largely already invented and weren't any good and? or me a contribution would be writing a song or a part of it. And yes I already wrote I made a mistake with Gilby, he was there and I got confused years after, don't make a big deal out of it...

I want people to say Frank Ferrer isn't better than Matt Sorum. Like, if people don't want Matt involved, at least admit that its because of preference. Cause, seriously, they both have the same amount of merit to be there. They are both replacements, they are both fine drummers, and neither is Steven. Sorum played on way more, but I'll let that slide.

I just need people to tell me they don't think Frank Ferrer has more of a reason to be on this reunion than Matt Sorum.

I want people to say Frank Ferrer isn't better than Matt Sorum. Like, if people don't want Matt involved, at least admit that its because of preference. Cause, seriously, they both have the same amount of merit to be there. They are both replacements, they are both fine drummers, and neither is Steven. Sorum played on way more, but I'll let that slide.

I just need people to tell me they don't think Frank Ferrer has more of a reason to be on this reunion than Matt Sorum.

He does because Ginger likes him more. It's as simple as that :lol:

Of course he doesn't have any more of a reason. Sorum himself said it that Adler was a huge part of the band's sound. Sorum/Frank/Brain and anyone else who might happen to play the songs will never replace what Adler helped create. It is just sad that Steven himself made such a mess of his own life and then further complicated everything by suing/badmouthing his former bandmates repeatedly.

I'm hoping Eddie Trunk's report comes true and Steven is involved with the show in some way. Sounds like they are going to give him a chance to be part of it. Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up by playing hardball on the negotiations.

So he played drums that were largely already invented and weren't any good and? or me a contribution would be writing a song or a part of it. And yes I already wrote I made a mistake with Gilby, he was there and I got confused years after, don't make a big deal out of it...

I never realised songwriting validated one's band member status. In fact many drummers are not songwriting contributors for their respective bands, case in part Adler, Charlie Watts, Keith Moon and Ringo (until 1968). In fact there are singers (Roger Daltrey) and guitarists also (Brian Jones) who were not songwriting contributors to their bands!

Back to the drawing board I'm afraid old boy?

I just want confirmation that back in Aug 2015 when pictures of Duff and Izzy came out working in a studio, they were recording new Guns material...

They were just tracks for Duff's "Be a Man" ep or whatever it was with Cantrell. As far as we know...