Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

For example if you go to a high school reunion but only half the class shows up, they don't change the name of the event. It's still a fucking reunion.

Bad analogy.. Say the class of 1993 has a reunion.. 3 people show up but there are actually more people there from the class of 2002.. It would be more of a reunion for the 2002 class.

• Like 3

At the end of the day, every person on this forum will watch every broadcast and webcast of this new, old lineup getting together.

And if the show is close enough and that person has money in their pocket, they will be at it. If not, maybe you shouldn't be here.

• Like 2

Regardless of the fact that who was an original member or what have you; the fact that we got something we never thought would be possible. Can't we be happy about that? I for one, think it could of been worded a bit better; but despite that, I'm just stoked that we're going to see these guys together again under the banner of Guns n' Roses.

I wish man... Slash and Duff have been playing together for years... Axl sounds like crap.. Almost everything I don't like about NuGnR is still there.. Awful drumming and a synth playing that fucks up songs... Its still up in the air whether or not there will be 3 guitarists..

You're the guy ruinning every thread man.

• Like 1

Why does everyone keep saying that people will pay for tickets and so nothing else matters?

If Slash and Axl come to town I'm gonna go for sure.... doesn't negate any of the concerns / critiques of the current situation. Coachella was gonna sell out with or without GNR. It's not about ticket sales, it's about reminding the world why they were briefly the biggest band in the world and frankly what rock n' roll as a genre should look like nowadays.

Optimism is cool but so is some frank discussion! It's all ultimately coming from a place of love for the band. We want them to fucking succeed on every level. They're our musical heroes! I think on some level the hope is demand for Izz and Steven among the fanbase, for example, falls on the right ears. Might be complete fantasy but who knows. Optimism of a different stripe :D.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

Why does everyone keep saying that people will pay for tickets and so nothing else matters?

If Slash and Axl come to town I'm gonna go for sure.... doesn't negate any of the concerns / critiques of the current situation. Coachella was gonna sell out with or without GNR. It's not about ticket sales, it's about reminding the world why they were briefly the biggest band in the world and frankly what rock n' roll as a genre should look like nowadays.

Optimism is cool but so is some frank discussion! It's all ultimately coming from a place of love for the band. We want them to fucking succeed on every level. They're our musical heroes! I think on some level the hope is demand for Izz and Steven among the fanbase, for example, falls on the right ears. Might be complete fantasy but who knows.

This. I think you can be excited about Slash and Duff rejoining properly whilst hoping that the lineup was different. Similarly, if Morrissey and Johnny Marr announced a tour as 'The Smiths' I'd buy a ticket in a heartbeat but still be disappointed that Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce weren't a part of it.

• Like 1

so what? Axl created the group with tracii guns. Aka THEY FOUNDED IT. Get over it accept it and move on. Doesn't matter if he ever had any rights he founded guns n roses. Why is that so hard to get?

I hate when people post shit like this. It's so annoying and just plain dumb. No one cares about your "vast and incredible" knowledge. No one fuckin thinks of tracii guns they think of slash. Welcome to my ignore list whoever you are
the group wasn't created like a business venture or marketing brand, maybe the name was born from such an idea but the group was made up of slash izzy duff steven and axl. they signed the contract and became known as guns and roses incarnate, they filled the name and made it what it will most be remembered for. period.
As long as this rockeroller loser actually ignores me I'm good. You can't negotiate with insanity
People at Coachella when they see Richard on stage are gonna think Izzy hasn't aged since 1987
I guarantee you everyone here that the media will be reporting that when they play coachella!! "A reunited axl rose, slash, duff and Izzy with frank ferrer on drums with Pittman and dizzy on keys" lol.. You watch
"Founder Axl Rose and former members"Lmao! Seriously??? Come on.
It is accurate. get over it.
Agreed. That's common sense that axl and tracii guns came up with the name. Duff joined after beich left(only a couple of shows) and slash after a couple of months. Slash and duff weren't founders axl was.. Like it or not.
It is actually pure nonsense yet unfortunately getting common indeed among some strange individuals who lost contact with reality very long ago! No, Ole Beich wasn't a founding member of GNR, neither was Tracii Guns, just cut that crap once and for all...
lmfao if this is serious you've lost contact with reality. Talk about pot meeting kettle. Or, you make a hell of a cupcake!Assuming you're being serious, you need to some research on a little band called "guns n roses". They were created in March of 1985 by axl rose and tracii guns. If you're even thinking about arguing the appetite lineup then in yours, "just cut the crap out once and for all". They fired Steven Adler and Izzy didn't want his rights, legal rights belong to axl slash and duff but axl owns the name. Again, do your research. Therefore, axl rose and tracii guns are the founding members. Tracii just left before they did anything.
You're just ridiculous. Did Axl have a contract with Traci and Ole? GNR was officialy founded when they started gaining popularity and signed a contract whereupon Guns N'Roses consisted of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, each of them with equal right to the name while Traci never had that right for one second.
Axl founded the band with tracii guns. It didn't last long. The other guys stepped in and made it guns n roses. Ok? What is so hard for you to understand? You're the one that's ridiculous because you keep trying to win an argument that you friggin lost. What the hell is so hard to admit that axl has done something decent? My god it's pulling teeth for some of you to even compliment the guy. You act like he murdered someone. He came up with the name and he owns it. Case closed.In no way shape or form did I say tracii guns was ever more significant than slash. Didn't say beich more was more significant to duff. Please read my posts from now on k thanks :)
It's been rumored that izzy came up with the name....and thanks for the loser insult dude just what I needed to finish the day what with having to care for my grandma with dementia after working full time and going to trade school for my sheet metal Union. Man I love the Internet. Have you read duff mckagans book especially the part about the formation of the band? Please stop acting like tracii guns made this band what it is. Slash is so many more times important than tracii was
I have read the book. So much for you standing by your word and blocking me huh?? Lol well at least I still came out on top

Nah you were never on top Sorry dude just wanted to see what you'd say in response before I hit the block on you. So many of us fans hate when those few fans like u go on about those stupid couple shows tracii did. Just annoying really adios

..., it's about reminding the world why they were briefly the biggest band in the world and frankly what rock n' roll as a genre should look like nowadays….

This certainly is a great opportunity for that but if past announcements are anything to go by … All I'm saying is it hasn't happened yet. Everything is riding on a certain person's megalomania and I'm too out of the loop to guess if he has that in check these days or not. For a brief moment I considered buying tickets and a flight from the other side of the world, but then I had visions of arriving there only to find a last minute changed line-up. I hope not for the sake of all of you who are going. If I thought for sure Axl had this, I'd go.

To be honest I totaly don't understand the idea of criticizing and buying tickets. The wheel is on your hands, if in all those years when nu-GNR were touring without releasing anything new all who didn't like the idea restrained from buying tickets and going to shows, Axl would have to release the album to financially support himself. It's as simple as that. On a free market it is you who decide.

I didin't buy the ticket for the new band with no new record. I will, now, if they come anywhere near because I love that they reunited and support it wholeheartedly even without Steven and Izzy.

For example if you go to a high school reunion but only half the class shows up, they don't change the name of the event. It's still a fucking reunion.

Bad analogy.. Say the class of 1993 has a reunion.. 3 people show up but there are actually more people there from the class of 2002.. It would be more of a reunion for the 2002 class.
its not an original lineup reunion but its a gnr reunion none the less... frank aint really reuniting with anyone tho lol but hey maybe frank saying hes gonna be there (kinda) is just a realllllly good april fools joke on adler

Does anyone know for a fact that they are going to show this live somewhere? I'm really on the fence about getting tickets, flight, etc to go out there, but if they are showing it I'm not sure what to do.

Pretty sure its sold out.
pretty sure in the great land of america theres something called scalpers Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Since when has Axl been such a pal with media that he control their semantics?

More likely, the general picture of Axl being the boss is simply reflected in the semantics uncounsciously. And what we see here is a typical feedback mechanism that is strengthening that picture in an eternal progression.

The new gnr forum fascists are the unflinching supporters of this reunion. ''people only like Axl and Slash'', ''Adler is retarded'', ''stop moaning'' - discussion of a reunion is insufferable.

Oh please, it has nothing to do with fascism. Many people are happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are going to play together again after 23 years. Is it so hard to understand? To bash the reunion without even knowing how it's going to be is quite dumb.

It seems that Izzy is writing new songs, what else do you want? A world tour with the original five is not realistic, it won't happen. Get over it. We can be happy if the AFD line-up play some shows together, it seems possible. But we shouldn't ask for something impossible.

Enjoy the ride, we don't know how long it'll last.

Edited by Roky
  • Like 3

The new gnr forum fascists are the unflinching supporters of this reunion. ''people only like Axl and Slash'', ''Adler is retarded'', ''stop moaning'' - discussion of a reunion is insufferable.

Oh please, it has nothing to do with fascism. Many people are happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are going to play together again. Is it so hard to understand? To bash the reunion without even knowing how it's going to be is quite stupid.

It seems that Izzy is writing new songs, what else do you want? A world tour with the original five is not realistic, it won't happen. Get over it. We can be happy if the AFD line-up play some shows together, it seems possible. But we shouldn't ask for something impossible.

You have just proven my point with your post!

All dissent over this is shot down with a sort of intolerance which is unbearable. Who says the ''original five is impossible''? I certainly don't believe that.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Diesel I'm with you on this, but we have to be realistic. Izzy has said that he's interested in a reunion, not a year long tour. He said it took him six weeks to recover from 3 weeks of touring in 2006, so him playing every show for a year is just not gonna happen. Adler's a different story. If he would learn the whole catalog, id love him to be there, but he's seems unwilling seen as though he says AFD is the only Gnr record, which isn't true. I'm completely with you in terms of wanting it to be an afd reunion tour, but its just not gonna be, and no matter who replaces Izzy and Steve its not gonna be the same either way, but personally I'm still excited, and will go to the show, it can't be any worse than the NuGnr hacks, so just try enjoy it mate

How many live shows did Tracii perform with GnR?

Five.

Any original songs played live?

A mix of LA Guns and Hollywood Rose material I suspect, although we don't have any setlists to confirm this.

The first show, I think, was March 26th '85 and then they played: April 24, 25 and 27th. Seems like they did re-write some of the music and maybe even create a song or two. Here is an excerpt from Tracii Guns' interview...

So when you were still playing with those guys, was the material made up of a mixture of L.A. Guns tracks as well as early Guns N' Roses material?

Tracii Guns: Exactly. It's funny, no one's ever asked me that question before, but that's exactly what we did. It was a mixture of these heavier L.A. Guns songs and I had helped working on some Hollywood Rose songs, which were really the tracks that became Guns N'Roses songs later. It was cool because Izzy and I were very systematic about how we would play in the band together. It was really fun structuring the L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose songs for two guitars. We'd spend a lot more time making two really different guitar parts and two different guitar sounds. More than anything it was an incredible experience. That's when I really learned how to play with another guy. Izzy's so talented - not like a real master and he's definitely not a shredder - but he's just got a brilliant brain for music.

Is it true that you wrote some of the famous Guns N' Roses riffs but were never credited for them?

Tracii Guns: No, the reality of that is that anything from Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion I didn't write from scratch. Anything that I was involved with for those songs was a combination of me, Izzy and Axl. But they consciously didn't use anything that I'd brought in from scratch because they didn't want to pay out; plus the stuff maybe didn't stick with what they wanted to do at that time. So I lay no claim to like 'Hey, I wrote 'Welcome To The Jungle' man, where's my money?' It's not like that.

http://thequietus.com/articles/04450-dr-rock-tracii-guns-interview-la-guns-nikki-sixx-poison-guns-n-roses

Adler and Izzy will be there for sure,for a couple of songs,but will be there for sure.

I hope for at least those couple of songs, the rest of the band has the decency to step of the stage and let something amazing happen. Hell, I bet they would love to watch that themselves.