Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

The original five is possible for a few shows, not for a 18 months world tour.

Only in your mind. 18 months may be unrealistic, but they could certainly do a full tour. With someone filling in for all the not Appetite songs. Obviously, its clear Izzy doesn't want to.

The REAL Guns N Roses fans are the ones who complained all throughout the Nu/Fake GNR years, and who still aren't happy with this "reunion". I'm sorry, but those are the REAL Guns fans, cause they know what they've wanted since 1996.

• Like 2

The new gnr forum fascists are the unflinching supporters of this reunion. ''people only like Axl and Slash'', ''Adler is retarded'', ''stop moaning'' - discussion of a reunion is insufferable.

It's kind of crazy, isn't it?! There are posters on here I've never seen before, debating other posters who have been pro -reunion for years. WTF? I've wanted a reunion since Slash left the band, I've wasted over a decade posting about it and being told stop living in the past, called a mullet head, and had "he's a cancer", "not in this lifetime" and "get on board or fuck off" quotes thrown at me constantly. And now that something is in the works, but I'm not necessarily thrilled about various speculation flying about, I've unknowingly become a hater. That's some funny shit.

To be honest I totaly don't understand the idea of criticizing and buying tickets. The wheel is on your hands, if in all those years when nu-GNR were touring without releasing anything new all who didn't like the idea restrained from buying tickets and going to shows, Axl would have to release the album to financially support himself. It's as simple as that. On a free market it is you who decide.

I didin't buy the ticket for the new band with no new record. I will, now, if they come anywhere near because I love that they reunited and support it wholeheartedly even without Steven and Izzy.

To be honest all the arguments here and all of the uncertainity of the GN'R world and its fanbase is the main reason i read this forum. So, if everyone shuts up, then its no fun.

I think Izzy and Adler could do the 25 stadium dates they are talking about easy, if they just do it like this, let Izzy and Adler play all of the Appetite songs, and let Gilby and Matt play all of the Illusion songs. Bring in the new guns people for the CD stuff. I've been reading this forum off and on ever since day 1, probably what 2004 or so I don't remember, but I just registered recently when there was real talk about the GNR reunion, because now there's something to discuss, and I can't wait until the tour dates and real lineup is announced. I look out this forum like 50 times every day now just hoping to see Izzy & Adler confirmed, haha

thank god i got to see the original lineup in 88, if adler & stradlin arent in it then its not the same for a purist like me...good news regardless

You lucky son of a bitch

lol yea man im 43 years old i grew up on GNR & NWA at the same time, being in LA lol

Edited by Legendz

I don't want multiple musicians playing on the tour. I'd rather have the hybrid of Axl/Duff/Slash/Fortus/Reed/Pitman play full shows and make it feel like a new version of the band. The thing is, we don't know what this is. If its just a nostalgic reunion and that's all its planned to be, then fine, bring on the interchanging band. I guess.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVA3aXZH8Ic

That clip above just shows how crucial Steven is to getting the GNR feel, he may be immature (apparently) but no one can deny that this guy is irreplaceable. Even Izzy knew it

there's just so much to say about this, he's like an orchestral conductor, he fills the whole space, playing the negative as perfectly as he plays his beats, his timing is impeccable. and he does it effortlessly, loving every moment :)

The new gnr forum fascists are the unflinching supporters of this reunion. ''people only like Axl and Slash'', ''Adler is retarded'', ''stop moaning'' - discussion of a reunion is insufferable.

It's kind of crazy, isn't it?! There are posters on here I've never seen before, debating other posters who have been pro -reunion for years. WTF? I've wanted a reunion since Slash left the band, I've wasted over a decade posting about it and being told stop living in the past, called a mullet head, and had "he's a cancer", "not in this lifetime" and "get on board or fuck off" quotes thrown at me constantly. And now that something is in the works, but I'm not necessarily thrilled about various speculation flying about, I've unknowingly become a hater. That's some funny shit.

just goes to show how brainless they are. they'll support anything nu-axl does without a skerrick of integrity or informed opinion. they think the tighter they push up his arse the more 'in the know' they are. hah.

Must be a little weird for Axl now to have two bandmates who are both completely sober and spoken for. I know they partied separately for the most part during the UYI tour but I wonder how they're gonna celebrate together.

Mario Kart?

Monopoly?

Charades?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVA3aXZH8Ic

That clip above just shows how crucial Steven is to getting the GNR feel, he may be immature (apparently) but no one can deny that this guy is irreplaceable. Even Izzy knew it

That was cool. Really enjoyed it.

Not a big Steven fan tbh, but that was sweet. Such simple drums, done effortlessly as you say, and the cymbal work is great. He also seems to have so much time and space. I remember learning drums as a kid and bought a LIES drum book - couldn't believe how simple it was yet totally engaging (pretty much gave up after a few years, but in jams nowadays when im dicking about on drums, I fall back on said beats a lot).

• Like 1

If I had to choose between Adler and Sorum, I'd take Matt, honestly.

Steven doesn't really do anything for me. He'd look so out of place in a reunion.

if you'd seen the original lineup in concert you'd understand why steven was special even without matt's technical advantages, GNR was about energy originally it was special energy unseen before at that level...only us that saw the og lineup understand, well most of us at least lol...

Edited by Legendz
  • Like 3

Steven doesn't really do anything for me. He'd look so out of place in a reunion.

Without a doubt, besides Matt is a hell of a drummer, i don't get why people think otherwise

https://youtu.be/G_TRMyIC2HU?t=189

I mean, Frank could easily do that.

i'm sure, but Frank style, i don'0t know if purpose or not, he "stops" a lot the timing, maybe is his style, but i don't think everybody loves it when it comes to playing live

if you'd seen the original lineup in concert you'd understand why steven was special even without matt's technical advantages, GNR was about energy originally it was special energy unseen before at that level...only us that saw the og lineup understand, well most of us at least lol...

I was 5 years old by the time that Steven was out of the band, so yeah....I kinda missed it the first time around. Ha.

just goes to show how brainless they are. they'll support anything nu-axl does without a skerrick of integrity or informed opinion. they think the tighter they push up his arse the more 'in the know' they are. hah.

The fuck cares bout integrity... they lost their integrity BEFORE UYI came out

If you still complain about the reunion with Slash despite that you were a reunionist since 1996, you're an idiot

Plain and simple

• Like 1

I was 5 years old by the time that Steven was out of the band, so yeah....I kinda missed it the first time around. Ha.

well that explains it lol...

• Like 1