Izzy and Adler

STEVEN ADLER:

Given that the confirmation of Axl/Slash/Duff/Dizzy/Pitman has gained ZERO public remark by the ever-vocal Steven Adler, I highly doubt he's being left out of this. I've seen several post (and Eddie Trunk allude to) Richard and Frank still being on payroll as insurance in case the other two don't work out, OR to play on CD songs between Adler/Sorum's AFD and UYI songs. But again, his silence is as deafening as Axl's recent silence.

IZZY STRADLIN:

He and Duff are too close for talks to have not taken place, and he is too close to Axl to not receive another of many invites to at least be a guest on a couple of songs. It's easy to assume he's too much of a hermit to do the big production, but then again, he's the least predictable and the one we know the least about. He'll show up at some point.

SLASH FACTOR:

In Slash and Steven's books, they talk about how Slash thought the only reunion should be of the AFD lineup, including his decision to not play at the AFD 20th Anniversary show because Axl wasn't there. It's also worth noting that Izzy was on board for that, so there's not as much reason to panic as it seems.

They're probably still dotting the i's and crossing the t's, but no matter what the official lineup is, I think we'll see Izzy and Steven on stage very soon.

#wheresizzy

Well let's see what do we know for sure:

1- Only Axl, Slash and Duff are confirmed

2 - Only 2 shows are Confirmed for now (coachella with more dates probably on the way)

3 - Dizzy and Pitman are apparently confirmed. But fortus, frank, Izzy, Steven, and Matt are still not saying or posting anything (I'm sure Seth Meyers knows enough to ask but may not be allowed to..?)

4 - Lots of speculation and although we're all probably expecting Richard and frank to remain, we still don't have confirmation on that either.

So even though he line seems to be in the sand, funny how certain members seem to be signed on the dotted line while others aren't. Isn't it also funny how still, NO ONE other than the big 3 have said very much (and even then no real official interviews yet). Again I can't recall which mod it was(apologies) but they mentioned how some bands have been booked for big return gigs without even knowing who their singer would be. Point being, I'm lead to now believe that the mod was right in that this reunion may not be completely worked out yet so coachella was just announced because they really couldn't keep a lid on it anymore. Coachella like many others are satisfied knowing at the very least that the big 3 are back and that's enough for them.

Maybe axl cancelled kimmel because he's pissed at Matt. Or maybe he just can't talk because they're still not ready to. We all knew that if a reunion could ever possibly happen someday that it would take quite a bit of time..

Edited by Billsfan

STEVEN ADLER:

Given that the confirmation of Axl/Slash/Duff/Dizzy/Pitman has gained ZERO public remark by the ever-vocal Steven Adler, I highly doubt he's being left out of this. I've seen several post (and Eddie Trunk allude to) Richard and Frank still being on payroll as insurance in case the other two don't work out, OR to play on CD songs between Adler/Sorum's AFD and UYI songs. But again, his silence is as deafening as Axl's recent silence.

IZZY STRADLIN:

He and Duff are too close for talks to have not taken place, and he is too close to Axl to not receive another of many invites to at least be a guest on a couple of songs. It's easy to assume he's too much of a hermit to do the big production, but then again, he's the least predictable and the one we know the least about. He'll show up at some point.

SLASH FACTOR:

In Slash and Steven's books, they talk about how Slash thought the only reunion should be of the AFD lineup, including his decision to not play at the AFD 20th Anniversary show because Axl wasn't there. It's also worth noting that Izzy was on board for that, so there's not as much reason to panic as it seems.

They're probably still dotting the i's and crossing the t's, but no matter what the official lineup is, I think we'll see Izzy and Steven on stage very soon.

#wheresizzy

better be

the half ass pr release of slash and duff rejoining provided all the recent over the top hype is as surprising as someone needing to take a dump after eating tacos

Given all the information we have so far, I'm inclined to think Steven won't be suicidal or turning to the bad stuff over missing out on this. It's not the GNR he dreams of.

If that press release is anything to go by, Slash is going to play Chinese Democracy while Axl is behind him and ordering him to make that guitar squeal like a pig.

AFD30 will happen next year.

Edited by Stress Fracture

I think we might see Izzy and Steven for a AFD 30th Anniversary Vegas Residency.

But for now it's a hybrid to tour.

It's similar to the UYI tour: Slash, Duff, Axl + a bunch of hired hands. Hopefully, there'll be some special shows with the original 5.

one thing is for certain

ticket demand/prices will be significantly less without izzy and steven and a bit of a meh for the GNR/Velvet Revlovler/CD incarnation

I think the ticket pries will be just fine as long as Slash is in. Duff probably helps too.

The general public doesn't care about Izzy and as odd as it seems, but i think more OG fans missing Adler or Sorum than Izzy....

I hated how izzy was totally drowned out of the mix when he guest spotted with nu gnr. He was the only one playing the songs the way they were meant to be played. Izzy Needs to be on this thing! I agree

Man, he was inaudible in most of the 91 shows too...

Slash and Axl both claimed that he was playing a totally different song and totally off key that is why they turned off his amp...

one thing is for certain

ticket demand/prices will be significantly less without izzy and steven and a bit of a meh for the GNR/Velvet Revlovler/CD incarnation

I think the ticket pries will be just fine as long as Slash is in. Duff probably helps too.

The general public doesn't care about Izzy and as odd as it seems, but i think more OG fans missing Adler or Sorum than Izzy....

I hated how izzy was totally drowned out of the mix when he guest spotted with nu gnr. He was the only one playing the songs the way they were meant to be played. Izzy Needs to be on this thing! I agree

Man, he was inaudible in most of the 91 shows too...

Slash and Axl both claimed that he was playing a totally different song and totally off key that is why they turned off his amp...

I wouldn't get why that would be the case in 1991, Axl said it was because he was whacked out of his mind but didn't he quit dope in 1989? In any case Listening to Izzy and Slash complement each other on Appetite is still orgasmic, and they still got it by the sounds of Ghost. Richard has been my favorite Nu GNR player but I'd hate for Izzy to not be on this 'Reunion' I hope Axl at least turns out some 2006 Vocals, some clean, some rasp so he doesn't blow out his throat.