New Todd Kerns blog: "SMKC knew about this for 'some time', we still plan to record new album in May, Release in 2017"

How come that Todd Kerns can come up with a great piece of written explanation that is both informative, very nice and friendly towards everybody and pleasant to read while for Guns N Roses this is mission impossible... Fuck, just fire TB or make them what they should be - a housekeeper and a driver!

Maybe because Axl doesn´t want to give that kind of explanation? I agree, the way we get news about GN´R is rather pathetic. But I don´t see what can be done for Axl to change the way he likes to run things.

Todd is so classy. The Conspirators are awesome guys, good vibes all round. Glad Slash fell in with them after VR went south, I enjoy their stuff.

This also confirms that the nuGNR guys must have known, unless Axl really didn't trust them.

No question nuGNR guys knew. Why else would DJ and Ashba leave?

Todd is so classy. The Conspirators are awesome guys, good vibes all round. Glad Slash fell in with them after VR went south, I enjoy their stuff.

This also confirms that the nuGNR guys must have known, unless Axl really didn't trust them.

No question nuGNR guys knew. Why else would DJ and Ashba leave?

Haha. I certainly hope there isn't a D.J. and an Ashba... that would be #demented

I knew what you meant though.

• Like 1

It definitely adds weight/plausibility to the reports that Axl told the band that the 2014 Vegas shows would be their last run (and Bumblefoot quitting anyways). No idea why DJ waited but he must have known too.

Ok so Coachella in April and the supposed European festival tour will start in late May since that's when Rock in Rio takes place and will go until July-ish, I'm assuming.

That gives SMKC about a month to record their third record, which is actually kinda realistic since they do most of their stuff live in the studio, and claim to have already written all the songs for it. Not to mention I recall Slash saying at least twice that he intends for this next record to be more similar to a traditional 70s album, where there's only 8 or 9 songs rather than 12-15 or so. Doing that many in like a month is possible.

But then how will the reported gnr 25-date US stadium tour fit into this? Would that be in the fall? After the European summer festival season? What about tour legs in South America, Asia, and Oceania?

And how is Slash going to fit production of his new film The Hell Within into all this?

• Like 1

Thank you for Todd's quote. I love that band and that quote proves why.

As for their plans, these are MY guesses, similar to others:

-Obviously now to Coachella is rehearsal for Guns. I could easily see Slash also having time to fine tune his new album, so that when they do go into the studio it is ready, note for note.

-Guns plays Coachella in April. I am fairly certainly there won't be anything before, and I'm guessing that'll be the only shows in April.

-May: Slash enters the studio for his record, and there very well could be a Guns stadium tour then as well. Slash is in the studio for 3 weeks at the beginning of May, then tours with Guns end of May into June or July? Seems fairly reasonable. Or they tour right after Coachella all through May, in which case if its only 25 dates, there'll probably be 3 day breaks in between. Slash could easily fly home between shows to keep recording. Again, this guy likes to work, so while that may seem insane to some, I could see Slash pulling it off.

OR

-May: Slash enters the studio for his record

-June/July-August: Guns tours the 25 US stadium dates, with Europe to follow.

I don't know about these Europe festival dates. Not that they aren't happening but just that I don't know when they are. I think they are like June/July, but I still feel strongly they will tour America before Europe. It would make sense to do Coachella in April, then do Download or something in June, then tour Europe, THEN come back to America. But I just really feel America will be first. It seems to be their priority.

This year will definitely be Guns, and it looks like he's not ditching SMKC, which is good to hear. In all honesty, with everything thats come out, it wouldn't shock me if Slash's concession was Axl's NuGuns members in exchange for Axl needing to be OK with Slash doing things outside of Guns.

I still wonder if its been going so long if they've even seen each other face to face. If its been a year, it seems impossible they haven't spoken on the phone.

"Things change" is the new soon is the word

Anyway, nicely worded letter, but this whole blog posts seems as a reminder that this reunion thing is only for touring purposes and SMKC is Slash's real band. If that's the case, i will go to one of the european shows and give up on this band, imho

Edited by Strange Broue

Seems like SMKC is plan B now.

Not at all. If anything, its best for them. They needed a reason for a year off anyway. Myles needs time to work with Alter Bridge and they are always squeezing that in and it affects both bands. I'd much prefer they give Myles and the band a year. That way they have ample time to do things, and then when SMKC regroups it'll be with renewed energy. Myles won't be running on fumes from nonstop travel, Slash will be reinvigorated to be playing his solo songs and probably to get back into smaller venues. Honestly its a win win for everyone. People get Guns back, Myles has some time, SMKC will be back with a new vision next year. If anything, this post confirms SMKC is NOT Plan B but on the most professional hiatus you can get. Unless Slash gets swept away in Guns, this sounds as far away from a breakup post as you can get.

Nils Lofgren announced a solo tour of the US, and postponed the whole thing within a month when Bruce Springsteen called and said the E Street Band needed him. Slash and GNR will be the same way, I expect. SMKC can do whatever they want, but they need to know that the S will be leaving when the big show calls him up, the same way Myles kept Alterbridge as his biggest priority throughout.

Nils Lofgren announced a solo tour of the US, and postponed the whole thing within a month when Bruce Springsteen called and said the E Street Band needed him. Slash and GNR will be the same way, I expect. SMKC can do whatever they want, but they need to know that the S will be leaving when the big show calls him up, the same way Myles kept Alterbridge as his biggest priority throughout.

But he really didn't. Nothing was ever cancelled from Slash because of AB. I like the analogy to Nils, but I do feel Slash might be different. If Slash announced tour dates for early next year, and a month before it got the call from Axl that they should tour, maybe in naiveté, I could easily see Slash going "no, I'm touring with my band. You and everyone know the arrangement and knew this was happening. I won't cancel on these guys. We'll tour when I'm done."

Again, maybe thats completely ridiculous, but I think its different than Bruce and Nils, because Guns IS Axl and Slash. Sure Axl owns it, but you can't tour after this without Slash. So Slash has way more leverage than Nils would have. Or I'd at least think if Axl calls and tells Slash to cancel his tour, Slash will demand to know when the Guns tour ends so he can immediately reschedule his solo dates.