New Todd Kerns blog: "SMKC knew about this for 'some time', we still plan to record new album in May, Release in 2017"

• 4 months later...

okay so i don't know if this is worth noting, but in a new Todd Kerns interview, he mentions that he is working on doing things with his reunited band Age of Electric, and plans on having a record out between now (2016) and 2017... (http://www.rocktoday.co.uk/

in blogs and interviews when all this GNR stuff was taking off, Todd mentioned that SMKC were going to record at the end of 2016...But now, i dont know if thats the case if he is continuing with Age of Electric. Looks like GNR is extending into 2017..

Todd also talks about his solo album, what hes learned from Slash and Myles, Singing Songs with Slashs band, and his different commitments. 

• Like 1

If they release CD II with Slash on it while they are touring as GNR that's the best the rec company can get in terms of sales. 

But like 1999 they might want a Best of GNR more. Then later put out new material. 2020 they might put out a new album. 

But first Slash wraps up conspirators, the label cash in on the reunion. Then CD II. 

But maybe Axl and Slash are just happy to end the bullshit and cash in on touring. 

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

okay so i don't know if this is worth noting, but in a new Todd Kerns interview, he mentions that he is working on doing things with his reunited band Age of Electric, and plans on having a record out between now (2016) and 2017... (http://www.rocktoday.co.uk/

in blogs and interviews when all this GNR stuff was taking off, Todd mentioned that SMKC were going to record at the end of 2016...But now, i dont know if thats the case if he is continuing with Age of Electric. Looks like GNR is extending into 2017..

Todd also talks about his solo album, what hes learned from Slash and Myles, Singing Songs with Slashs band, and his different commitments. 

I used to see Todd play in tiny bars in Canada in the early nineties. I can't believe he wound up connecting with Slash. Impressive really.

At this point is pretty obvius that smkc is over or at least is gonna be on stand by for a couple of years   .

Todd said they were going to the studio in may, but that didnt happen ( and slash had plenty of time to do some recording this last 40 days. But he didnt ) and it wont happen anytime soon.

Im pretty sure GNR will be touring, finishing the new álbum, keep touring, then some special event for the afd 30 years, and then , by the end of next year , theyre all gonna take some rest for a while.  ( maybe axl will start recording the next acdc album by then)

My money is on everything ive just said/wrote.

Peace

Well if SMKC is on hiatus that's a shame imo, but it does look that way. Myles and AB will need more time than what was previously suggested.

I feel the same about SMKC as some Axl fans do about ac/dc. There's just more to look forward to. Guns seems like such a miserable and amateurish band tbh. Both Axl and Slash are more engaged when elsewhere.

Honestly. The only reason why I've overlooked stuff is because I figure Slash will work on SMKC in the near future. So I hope something can still happen.

• Like 3

Just now, starlight said:

Interesting news. If this is how things stand then I hope Slash is really working on some new GNR songs

Im pretty sure he is working on that.  Thats why slashs side band is over..  That new years eve show was to "say good bye".  

Remind this words "MYLES KENNEDY IS NOT GONNA SING GNR SONGS ANYMORE".

analize that line and think things thru for a couple of hours.

Wich really makes me think...:  whats next for gnr main members after this??  Axl already got the grandfather of the side projects.  But there is a big question marc for slash and duff...   Specially slash.

I could be wrong, but this is the way I see it.

If, and they obviously are, touring US summer 2016, they, obviously, won't tour Europe this year. Meaning fall 2016 is reserved for South America/Asia.

Summer 2017 must be European stadium tour then.

Considering how everyone is tightliped, they seem not to have definate line up decision yet as far as new record is considered.

I see them touring with Ferrer and Fartus 2016/17, but finalizing things with Izzy/Sorum/Steve before entering the studio.

Whether on not this guys become members, depends what goes on the next record, new Axl/Slash/Duff stuff, left overs from the three or the Izzy material from 1996.

Overall, will be exciting future in GNR world.

11 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Im pretty sure he is working on that.  Thats why slashs side band is over..  That new years eve show was to "say good bye".  

Remind this words "MYLES KENNEDY IS NOT GONNA SING GNR SONGS ANYMORE".

analize that line and think things thru for a couple of hours.

Wich really makes me think...:  whats next for gnr main members after this??  Axl already got the grandfather of the side projects.  But there is a big question marc for slash and duff...   Specially slash.

Is there a link to where they say Myles is done with GNR songs?

Just now, Dangelus said:

Is there a link to where they say Myles is done with GNR songs?

I guess u missunderstud my post..  That came from me. Im saying that.

Im 100% sure miles kennedy wont do any gnr stuff from now on.  And a slash live show without gnr songs is a pretty wick deal ( well, he did notes that a loooong time a go.)

So thats that.  Im saying this.  Whats gonna happen??  Hard to say . specially regards slash. 

Personally i think he should re take that "slash and friends" formula.  An album with kravitz, courtney love, dave grohl, hatesfield, sambora ( they are friends now that richie quit bj), tyler, ..why not, a couple of new current "artists" ( perhaps katy perry and adele), carrie underwood, etc.  And a bonus track with slash and axl singing ( a buick m. Kind of thing)

Peace..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I love SMKC but want a GnR album. They're finally back, so let's see some good stuff come out

THIS.

I don't care if it's Slash laying down guitar over tracks that or already "in the can" or what.  I just want to hear his guitar over Axl's vocals on a new GNR record.  Hearing how much "better" he makes the Chi Dem songs sound live only bolsters my enthusiasm for this.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, moreblack said:

It's really far fetched to suggest AL sounds like nu metal 

Neo classical vibe on Anastasia. A lot of cock rock and You're A Lie.

Does have a lot of cool riffs though and some of the leads do pack a punch, I like how they've recorded it and that Myles plays some rhythm, but it's a very weak album imo.

Even if you like you must admit the progression from that to WOF is obvious and it's a much stronger album. AL was just the first pancake imo. I'd be really interested in hearing the third album. Slash never seems to get to it outside of Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

I wish the Conspirators would step aside like Dj and Tommy. Just don't give Slash that outlet. Force him into the studio of Axl pain. 

No doubt Axl has DC and Slash has solo, but why not pure GNR? Get pissed off one more time!

21 minutes ago, wasted said:

I wish the Conspirators would step aside like Dj and Tommy. Just don't give Slash that outlet. Force him into the studio of Axl pain. 

No doubt Axl has DC and Slash has solo, but why not pure GNR? Get pissed off one more time!

Slash leading a band is a good thing imo. He has total freedom, does all the guitars, gave me Safari Inn. It doesn't have to be just Guns cause there is a lot of down time usually, or that's just the impression I get.

I think he can keep the outlet cause Guns is probably priority one for Slash and he'll probably at least try to do whatever Axl asks of him musically other than maybe another cover with Huge.

Yeah, exactly! One band, get back to work! Work your fucking asses of, no fucking downtimes! Just record, release and tour till you get that band back to the heights that it belongs to be at! And stop all stupid fucking DC, Conspirators fucking around!

3 hours ago, wasted said:

No slags before the fight. Imo. Everyone so liberal it's turning into a nazi rally. One band, get back to work. Lord of the rings meets the godfather. 

We have no indication so far that they'll do anything other than tour though.