New Todd Kerns blog: "SMKC knew about this for 'some time', we still plan to record new album in May, Release in 2017"

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

We have no indication so far that they'll do anything other than tour though. 

And we have no indication that they won't.  We just know shit. But I don't think they are ready or willing to end GNR right now and there's no going back to where they were before so it might actually last. We'll see. I hope so. If only they could cut all the other crap and get seriously to work... 

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

i think it will only be a tour,like a 'farewell' tour

God I really hope not. The one major thing that gives me hope is Slash. The guy loves to put out new music and I'm pretty sure he will desperately want to create music with Axl again, that's where both of them are at their best musically, together. 

I hope he can inspire Axl. 

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

God I really hope not. The one major thing that gives me hope is Slash. The guy loves to put out new music and I'm pretty sure he will desperately want to create music with Axl again, that's where both of them are at their best musically, together. 

I hope he can inspire Axl. 

can't see Slash sticking around if Axl doesn't do new stuff,he likes to keep busy. Axl doesn't seem to like being busy,imo.

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

can't see Slash sticking around if Axl doesn't do new stuff,he likes to keep busy. Axl doesn't seem to like being busy,imo.

I think Slash will, at least for a few years. He's back on the huge stage again, back to being a festival headliner, back with, imo, the best singer/musician he's ever been in a band with. It's all good for Slash. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moreblack said:

We have no indication so far that they'll do anything other than tour though. 

That's kind of what I'm saying in that Conspirators and DC are signs of a lack of fight night preparation. GNR just feels like a job. That's kind of okay. Everyone's old and shit. In that case don't do new material. Just put out a Best of and tour. 

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

That's kind of what I'm saying in that Conspirators and DC are signs of a lack of fight night preparation. GNR just feels like a job. That's kind of okay. Everyone's old and shit. In that case don't do new material. Just put out a Best of and tour. 

• I'd be ok with that :shrugs:
  • Like 1

Even The Rolling Stones put out an album when they got back together in 89'. No wonder they aren't doing interviews..money talks. 

At least Mick Brown (Dokken) was honest about the upcoming reunion tour.... went on to admit that DOKKEN's proposed reunion is not motivated by creative inspiration. He said: "Listen, if I had to be real honest with you, it's the money we're doing it for, and I think that's the wrong reason. I think the reason should be we want to play together, and I don't think anybody wants to play together, but the money we're being offered to do it, you can't say no. And, to me, that's the wrong reason. But there it is."
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dokkens-classic-lineup-is-reuniting-for-the-wrong-reason-says-mick-brown/#UyxywgVLhV1Js58I.99

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, wasted said:

I'm pretty convinced this is all that it is. 

• Like 1