Will GNR play COMA at Coachella? Would you like it to be played?

I know a lot of you guys like the song... But I just think it's a bit long winded and not a good festival song. Deep cuts? Why not!? But keep them to up tempo songs that everybody can move along to. Dead horse, locomotive, pretty tied up, all could go in as relatively unknown songs bit still please the majority.

I will be surprised if the set isn't just the hits (that'd the easiest option), quite similar to the last guns sets from 2014. I'm guessing it might be without the CD songs though, but I could be wrong.

I find it hard to believe that Axl would not play at least one from CD - and to be fair Better & Chinese democracy have always gone over when played live, despite what some people here would argue.

Not every song needs to be a dance song. Led Zeppelin would do stuff like No Quarter or Kashmir and you certainly can't dance to those songs, but they were epics.

It's a horrible festival song. Best they stick to shorter ones, plus Paradise City. Keeps hipster crowd from getting bored.

No Coma. No Estranged. Save those for GNR-only concerts.

Wouldn't be stunned if Izzy came out and they played 14 Years.

To hell with the hipster crowd, they should play what they feel like playing.

I'm desperate to hear Coma, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me, Right Next Door To Hell and Perfect Crime played in the new setlists, but not at festivals, all the deep cuts will be played at any festival, and rightly so

This may be the only show from the 'regrouped' lineup so I hope they'll play some deep cuts.

I know a lot of you guys like the song... But I just think it's a bit long winded and not a good festival song. Deep cuts? Why not!? But keep them to up tempo songs that everybody can move along to. Dead horse, locomotive, pretty tied up, all could go in as relatively unknown songs bit still please the majority.

I will be surprised if the set isn't just the hits (that'd the easiest option), quite similar to the last guns sets from 2014. I'm guessing it might be without the CD songs though, but I could be wrong.

I find it hard to believe that Axl would not play at least one from CD - and to be fair Better & Chinese democracy have always gone over when played live, despite what some people here would argue.

Not every song needs to be a dance song. Led Zeppelin would do stuff like No Quarter or Kashmir and you certainly can't dance to those songs, but they were epics.

It's a horrible festival song. Best they stick to shorter ones, plus Paradise City. Keeps hipster crowd from getting bored.

Yes. Ignore the psychology behind playing a festival vs. playing a concert and disregard the importance crowd energy has on whether a show is good or bad. Great strategy.

Yes. Ignore the psychology behind playing a festival vs. playing a concert and disregard the importance crowd energy has on whether a show is good or bad. Great strategy.

You analyse this stuff way too much. Its rock n' roll...its about not giving a damn about people WHILST having a passion for the actual music you're playing/singing.

Edited by sonofnazareth

I doubt it, I don't think they could add room for breathing like they did with Prostitute at the Vegas shows (added an extra bar or 2 after the solo bits). Unless they do a different arrangement (slower or acoustic) I can't see Axl being able to do it. However you just don't know with Axl, he's a surprising human being.

You analyse this stuff way too much. Its rock n' roll...its about not giving a damn about people WHILST having a passion for the actual music you're playing/singing.

It's only the rock n roll business.... Gnr will play what the people want to hear 'hits' as well as some choice fun cuts that will please themselves, just like when they used to play bad obsession or double talkin' etc. A festival set is and should be different to a regular headline set from a band.

Will this be the only show like someone said earlier? Ha! No way unless coachella are paying g them 50million to each of the classic guys. There will be a tour, and then they will play deeper cuts, end of. Coachella will be a middle ground with a few nuggets for the hardcore's, but! The most important part will be having the old guys on stage playing the songs so even if it's all the tired old set it's still going to have a novelty factor for all of us.

Edited by Tom2112

Just rewatched the video from Chicago '92, Axl definitely did a decent job, but there's (sadly) no way the 2016 him can handle it.

Welcome to the Jungle is a tough song to sing and he manages that..there are more instrumental breaks in Coma (time for him to breathe).

He could pull it off if he stood still (Dublin) and just sang the end part without moving/dancing.

• Like 1

I would like to hear Locomotive.

Fuck yes.

And I don't get why so many fans act as if that's a really hard one to sing. I sound like shit singing a lot of GNR's hardest songs, but Locomotive definitely isn't one of their hardest.

It's in that weird, nasally middle-voice that he does, and he wasn't even able to sing it properly the handful of times they played it in the '90s. There's probably a better chance of Coma TBH, and no, they won't play that either. Unless Axl does some kind of 02-06 transformation again I don't think he'll add any more 'epics' to the set (there's already 5 'staple' songs over 7 minutes in the setlist he's sung for the past 4-5 years).

Edited by Gordon Comstock