Reunion Tour Speculation Thread

I'm freaking out... will there be more shows or could we be getting Led Zeppelined again?

That's my fear. This whole thing is so effing fragile, I certainly hope Coachella isn't it, as I do not have the 2 grand it would take to spend on a trip and tix.

• Like 1

I'm freaking out... will there be more shows or could we be getting Led Zeppelined again?

That's my fear. This whole thing is so effing fragile, I certainly hope Coachella isn't it, as I do not have the 2 grand it would take to spend on a trip and tix.

Or they could have the, 'lets see how it goes and we'll take it from there' approach.

I'm worried now because Todd said The Conspirators are busy in May

I dont see anything to worry about, recording an album perhaps will not affect Guns

That's my thinking. Slash likes to keep busy so there's no reason he can't do both. For all we know Guns will tour in late summer/fall so he's got lots of time to record with SMKC before that.

• Like 1

He just said they would be recording and the Conspirators album would be released in 2017. The actual recording doesn't take very long. Slash recorded his Appetite stuff in like 2 weeks and that is some of the greatest guitar work ever, just to give perspective on how quick it can be done. So they record in May and then take a year or however long to do all of the production work to finalize it. The tour rumor on GN'R is summer, which isn't really until June-July-August. Those are the traditional summer months.

I dont see anything to worry about, recording an album perhaps will not affect Guns

That's my thinking. Slash likes to keep busy so there's no reason he can't do both. For all we know Guns will tour in late summer/fall so he's got lots of time to record with SMKC before that.

Axl doesn't like Slash to be doing side projects though. Remember what happened when Slash did Snakepit? Axl got mad as hell

Axl doesn't like Slash to be doing side projects though. Remember what happened when Slash did Snakepit? Axl got mad as hell

That was a looong time ago, under very different circumstances.

Or they could have the, 'lets see how it goes and we'll take it from there' approach.

Could be. Depending on how Coachella goes, other offers could get a lot more lucrative.

Lollapalooza lineup is announced next month. As a Chicagoan, that would be phenomenal.

20+ years ago and under much different circumstances as the post above me mentioned.

20+ years ago and under much different circumstances as the post above me mentioned.

They're still the same people. They get mad at the same things and we know that Axl still likes to be in control or else we'd have a full reunion with the original 5 each owning the Guns N' Roses name.

They're still the same people. They get mad at the same things and we know that Axl still likes to be in control or else we'd have a full reunion with the original 5 each owning the Guns N' Roses name.

Slash has said he planned to record the next Conspirators album in 2016 MANY times in the past few months. This is nothing new. Axl knows, and has known for a while. He has a GNR album ready to go too that, as far as we know, does not include Slash. I doubt Slash is getting in a twist about that the way you're saying Axl might about a Conspirator's album.

Edited by sofine11

Slash has said he planned to record the next Conspirators album in 2016 MANY times in the past few months. This is nothing new. Axl knows, and has known for a while. He has a GNR album ready to go too that, as far as we know, does not include Slash. I doubt Slash is getting in a twist about that the way you're saying Axl might about a Conspirator's album.

If this is all true, then Coachella may be a one off. Why would Slash waste time recording solo stuff when he could be putting his energy into writing/recording the greatest comeback album of all time.

Edited by sonofnazareth

If this is all true, then Coachella may be a one off. Why would Slash waste time recording solo stuff when he could be putting his energy into writing/recording the greatest comeback album of all time.

It might very well be. Who knows? I do agree with Eddie Trunk when he said that Coachella is likely the only thing that's been finalized so far.

However, let's say Coachella goes great, and they get an offer to start a US stadium tour starting in, oh let's say, June. Does Slash pass on that and the MILLIONS he'd make because Todd will be miffed they had to postpone the next Conspirator's album? Not bloody likely.

It might very well be. Who knows? I do agree with Eddie Trunk when he said that Coachella is likely the only thing that's been finalized so far.

However, let's say Coachella goes great, and they get an offer to start a US stadium tour starting in, oh let's say, June. Does Slash pass on that and the MILLIONS he'd make because Todd will be miffed they had to postpone the next Conspirator's album? Not bloody likely.

Coachella will go 'great' as long as the band shows up and plays. The masses don't care about Axl's voice or weight..all they care about is, 'axl and slash are back!!!'. I have a strange feeling that Slash is doing this because he may be losing a lot of money due to his divorce, Axl is probably having financial problems and Duff wants to help them both out with his entrepreneurial skills.

Tickets for a summer stadium tour really need to be on sale by now. It's looking like festivals if anything for 2016.

Why? Springsteen announced his February tour dates in December. Only a two month window. He's not playing stadiums mind you but there's a high demand for his tickets and there was two months between sale and shows. It's still early. If they announce a summer tour at the beginning of February with tickets to go on sale the following week there's still plenty of time. For all we know they're just waiting for Coachella to sell out to use the quote unquote bragging rights to promote the tour. There's no clear indicator yet as to what's going down or what's being planned behind the scenes.

Tickets for a summer stadium tour really need to be on sale by now. It's looking like festivals if anything for 2016.

Why? Springsteen announced his February tour dates in December. Only a two month window. He's not playing stadiums mind you but there's a high demand for his tickets and there was two months between sale and shows. It's still early. If they announce a summer tour at the beginning of February with tickets to go on sale the following week there's still plenty of time. For all we know they're just waiting for Coachella to sell out to use the quote unquote bragging rights to promote the tour. There's no clear indicator yet as to what's going down or what's being planned behind the scenes.

Coachella will sell out. Most 'hipsters' are there to see the other time wasting bands and don't care about GNR.