Coachella - Forum Meetup / Camping Thread

Hi guys, I was lucky enough to score two Coachella tickets for the first weekend this morning. Unfortunetly, car camping passes sold out so there is no where to stay.

I figure it would make sense to start a carpool / meet-up thread. That way, we can meet up with fellow forum users with camping passes or hotels and potentially piggyback in order to cut down on expenses.

I heard tickets sold out in 4 minutes, hopefully everyone has a good time! Should be a great show.

I remember in 2013 when GNR played the governors ball people were worried about how that crowd might treat guns n roses (or Axl) but the reviews were really good for that show and in my opinion that crowd was the best that year. Maybe they were all drunk by the time GNR went on but people were having a blast, so I hope it's a similar experience for everyone at Coachella.

I think it helped that Axl went on stage 5 min early.

Hi guys, I was lucky enough to score two Coachella tickets for the first weekend this morning. Unfortunetly, car camping passes sold out so there is no where to stay.

I figure it would make sense to start a carpool / meet-up thread. That way, we can meet up with fellow forum users with camping passes or hotels and potentially piggyback in order to cut down on expenses.

Are one of your tickets available? If so, send me a PM. :)

This is a serious question, how do you justify spending this much money for this? Not being rude, just curious. I don't see the value, you will be 400 miles from the stage and there is a large chance they may not play at all due to the history of the band. Seems like a lot to pay for travel, lodging, tickets. well over $2000 at if you are coming from over seas.

This is a serious question, how do you justify spending this much money for this? Not being rude, just curious. I don't see the value, you will be 400 miles from the stage and there is a large chance they may not play at all due to the history of the band. Seems like a lot to pay for travel, lodging, tickets. well over $2000 at if you are coming from over seas.

Justify it to who? It's their money. For most of us,this is our favorite band. It's their first show in 23 years. Some people going may not have even been born when Slash left and now they get to see them back together. I would've loved to go. Let's not forget GNR have approximately a million and a half tickets to sell if the 25 date American stadium tour is happening. I'd think they'll want to come out Guns blazing and show people they still have it and that summer tour tickets are worth buying.

tl,dr- It's their money not yours and I hope they all have an amazing time.

Justify it to who? It's their money. For most of us,this is our favorite band. It's their first show in 23 years. Some people going may not have even been born when Slash left and now they get to see them back together. I would've loved to go. Let's not forget GNR have approximately a million and a half tickets to sell if the 25 date American stadium tour is happening. I'd think they'll want to come out Guns blazing and show people they still have it and that summer tour tickets are worth buying.

Justify it to themselves duh.

Why do you care? How does it impact you?

Why do you care that I care? I was just making conversation, you are acting like a bitch.

If you don't have the responsibilities and can afford it, then why not? Once in a lifetime experience.

Going to weekend one! All I have are the tickets now. No camping passes. I couldn't miss the first performance. I think the Original 5 will play some. I can't wait.

Too big of a risk of this imploding. I had to do it as insurance to see this band before it ends.

Why do you care that I care? I was just making conversation, you are acting like a bitch.

I'm out,son. This thread is supposed to be for those going and meeting up. Acting like a bitch? I'm not even going to dignify that with a response, Broham.

Going to weekend one! All I have are the tickets now. No camping passes. I couldn't miss the first performance. I think the Original 5 will play some. I can't wait.

Too big of a risk of this imploding. I had to do it as insurance to see this band before it ends.

Did you get them through the fan club? I think they are attempting to help those without camping passes. Good luck. Also check the official Coachella forums as people there are pretty much only allowed to sell for face value.

Indio is 7.5hrs from me so I would've driven but I couldn't justify it somehow. $400 is not that crazy (and totally doable for me) but I really have no interest in attending the entire weekend.

I wish Coachella sold day passes instead of mandatory weekend passes. I hope everyone has a fucking blast!

• Like 1

I could afford to go but I'm not. To much money, to far and it's going to be a mad house. Just not worth it.

If they come near me, I'll go for sure. It's got to be within driving distance. I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it online though.

yeah, it's definitely expensive (well over $1k, if not 2 for travel, hotel, tix, etc.) and while I could swing it, I don't think anyone else I know would want to blow that much coin for a concert and I'm not going alone.

Edited by HuskerTornado